Curtis Hathaway of Grand Falls,NB, fo...

Curtis Hathaway of Grand Falls,NB, found guilty of sexually assaulting 4-year-old

There are 31 comments on the www.cbc.ca story from Jan 31, 2008, titled Curtis Hathaway of Grand Falls,NB, found guilty of sexually assaulting 4-year-old. In it, www.cbc.ca reports that:

Canadian Crime News, Atlantic: Sex Offences/Offenders

Curtis Hathaway,from Grand Falls, N.B., was found guilty of the assault and sexual assault of a four-year-old girl.

Hathaway was previously found not guilty of criminal negligence causing death in October 2007 in connection with the death of the two-year-old daughter of a former girlfriend.

The toddler died of a perforated bowel. An autopsy found that a plastic pencil-shaped toy, nine centimetres long and one centimetre in diameter, had been inside the child for two or three days and had caused the perforation.

The child's mother, Anne-Marie Mooers, was found guilty of criminal negligence causing death for failing to recognize her daughter was in dire need of medical attention. Mooers was sentenced to 27 months in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cbc.ca.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WTF

Fredericton, Canada

#1 Apr 1, 2008
So the going sentence for stupidity causing death is now 27 months. I think perhaps the sentence as long as that poor child was able to live does not equate with justice. Let's say under normal circumstances the little girl would have liveed to the national average of 80 or so, let's make that the sentence. 27 months?
Tabatha Goodine

Canada

#2 Apr 16, 2008
If people really new Curtis then they would know in there hart he didn't do wrong,,simply caught in the wrong place at the wrong time..we share 2 girls together who love and adore him as the same goes for him..he will hold his head up high and do his time but he will be out sooner or later they can't keep him in there forever and his kids will have a life with there dad again...sorry for all the accused that are not to blam...
Moncton

Moncton, Canada

#3 Apr 17, 2008
I grew up with Curtis Hathaway, I remember watching him bust his girl friends head against the brick wall to our school.
Curtis Hathaway is a very sick man, what he did to both those little girls will never be forgotten.
As a new mother, I would never let that man around my children. Its your job to protect them. Curtis was not in the wrong place at the wrong time... it happened twice... thats no coincidence.
I feel so sorry for you, feeling that Curtis is going to be a role model for your two daughters. You will have many regrets in the future... look at what he's done... do you wish that on your two little girls?
Plaster Rock

Moncton, Canada

#4 Apr 17, 2008
I have known Curtis my whole life... I know many woman in which he has been in relationships with... going back to grade school... he has been known for abuse.
Curtis Hathaway will get whats coming to him... Hes only protected by the law for so long....
He will live his entire life looking over his shoulder.
Hartland

Moncton, Canada

#5 Apr 17, 2008
Tabatha Goodine your one sick women!
Hes in jail for a reason, open your eyes!
Your children should be watched through social services if you agree Curtis is a great man.... You're just as bad!
Grandfalls

Moncton, Canada

#6 Apr 22, 2008
Only the death sentence would be enough for Curtis Hathaway.
I also grew up with that sick man.
I knew his daughter, in which Curtis sexually abused and murdered . That poor dear thing was always dirty and covered in marks... I am a mother of two, none of my children have ever had the bruising that that poor sweet lnnocent little girl had...
She had no chance at life... Curtis took that from her! he only deserves to die!
Once Curtis has done his time, no one in the right frame of mind will ever let that man into their lives, or near their children!
Give your head a shake Tabatha, he has done this to two little girls, what makes you think your are safe, or he hasn't already done the same, you just don't know about it..... give it a few years... your children might choose to talk!
PEI

United States

#7 Sep 11, 2008
I don't know Curtis but he must have some sort of charm. I guess that makes him no different from any other child molester or abuser that walks the streets. They all have some sort of charm to them that makes people think they are good people and once they have your trust they make their move. Tabatha....WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???? You would be better off having nothing to do with Curtis before child protection is on you 24/7 waiting for the chance to take your children. I don't know what kind of mother you are but having your children around this man...father or not is NOT the smartest thing you have ever done. What makes you think he never did anything wrong?? Did he tell you this?? He is only going to tell you what you want to hear my dear. If he was accused only once....it could be your theory of wrong place wrong time....but TWICE....think about it!!!! The world is only out to get this man for what he has done!!!!
Valerie Burke

Charlottetown, Canada

#8 Oct 7, 2008
I agree he is a sick piece of shit.
And he did molest your kids Tabatha you stupid idiot, you choose to cover his ass.
And he as far as i am concerned murdered Juli-Anna.
And Karma is a mother fuckin bitch.
I hope he dies a terrible death and is tortured like those poor little girls were, the rotten piece of shit.
He is a scumbag and a sorry excuse for a man.
jhfadhhf

Canada

#10 Dec 17, 2008
Yor all sick pieces of shit!
jhfadhhf

Canada

#11 Dec 17, 2008
Hartland wrote:
Tabatha Goodine your one sick women!
Hes in jail for a reason, open your eyes!
Your children should be watched through social services if you agree Curtis is a great man.... You're just as bad!
You don't no anything at all..Drives u crazy eh to bad for all the ppl like you..
jhfadhhf

Canada

#12 Dec 17, 2008
TTooo bad for all the ppl who are soo clueless and dont no a thing...
darren

Moncton, Canada

#13 Dec 18, 2008
Tabatha Goodine wrote:
If people really new Curtis then they would know in there hart he didn't do wrong,,simply caught in the wrong place at the wrong time..we share 2 girls together who love and adore him as the same goes for him..he will hold his head up high and do his time but he will be out sooner or later they can't keep him in there forever and his kids will have a life with there dad again...sorry for all the accused that are not to blam...
tab u know what realy happend why kid youre self or make youre self believe what he said?????????? A 4 year old girl (at the time) got on the stand and said what happend to her!@!!!!! come on clue in!!!!!!!!!!1
Tabatha

Canada

#14 Dec 19, 2008
ur just as duh as everyone lese on her and not worth my time or breath!
a mother

Happy Valley, Canada

#15 Dec 19, 2008
Hey Tabatha,Put a rubber band around your head and snap the [email protected] out of it.He wasn't convicted from no reason.
Maybe some day your children will tell you that he bothered them also.I was bothered as a child,never said a word until i was in my teen age years.
Tabatha

Canada

#16 Dec 19, 2008
the next person who write or talks shiT about me on this site will be charged FACT.I WAS NOT CHARGED WITH ANYTHING LEAVE ME AND MY KIDS OUTTA THIS STUPIED SHIT!!!!!
a mother

Moncton, Canada

#17 Dec 19, 2008
We are not bad mouthing you Tabatha i don't even know you,but as a mother of 3.I find it hard to believe you would allow him around your kids,even if he is the father of them.
Tabatha

Canada

#18 Dec 19, 2008
My POINT u dont even know me!!I've been told im stupied,i should be in jail beside him,i should have my kids takin away,that my kids have been aboused when in FACT they wern't!plus somebody wrote he murdered his own kid when there alive and well so u tell me,was people talkin shit or what?this will be my last post on this site because I suddenly became topic of the day...like i said befor "SORRY FOR ALL WHO ARE MISS JUDGED"
Tabatha

Canada

#19 Dec 19, 2008
My point YOU NOR DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW ME!!!I have been told i should be in jail next to him,i am stupied,i should lose my kids and that they have been aboused when in FACT they have not been!plus someone wrote he murdered his own kid when in FACT there alive and well..So ur tellin me i haven't been talked shit about?did u even read any of these comments?anyway i have better things to do then fight with ppl woh think they know what there talkin about..i will not write again since i seem to become topic of conversation..again i will say sorry to all who have been miss judged!
Tabatha

Canada

#20 Dec 23, 2008
Valerie Burke wrote:
I agree he is a sick piece of shit.
And he did molest your kids Tabatha you stupid idiot, you choose to cover his ass.
And he as far as i am concerned murdered Juli-Anna.
And Karma is a mother fuckin bitch.
I hope he dies a terrible death and is tortured like those poor little girls were, the rotten piece of shit.
He is a scumbag and a sorry excuse for a man.
I will be in contact with the RCMP and my lawyer i did nothing to desirve the bull shit u give me ..
conserned mother

Saint John, Canada

#21 Dec 27, 2008
If you think Curtis is Innocent....like most people commenting on this story will agree TABATHA Hs no BRAIN poor thing don't have a clue I"m sure he has done something to you and will do it again, and as for your kids they will talk someday and they will hate you for protecting that peice of scum!!you as well as Curtis is a peice af shit you kick off your boot you do not deserve your girls...if you don't wont people commenting you should not be taking up for a scum someday he will meet his maker and face true judgement...and GOD CAN"T WAIT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moncton Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Accused sex offender Jeremy Daniel Oakley, alle... (Oct '08) Apr 25 Taffy1973 92
News Jason Gillis of Mineville NS gets 10 years for ... (Jul '08) Apr 9 Unicorn 8
News Cape Breton man Corey Anthony Kendall charged i... (Sep '09) Apr 1 FYI 25
News Moncton man Jake Alan Woods, jailed for sex ass... (Mar '08) Mar '16 Corey Woods 28
News Manitoulin to welcome new dance station April 1 Mar '16 Brussels eh 1
News Contagious conversation on the 'Rock' (Sep '12) Mar '16 Cod 2
News Nathaniel McFadden's sister delivers impact sta... (Feb '10) Mar '16 katiepooh22 5
More from around the web