Long-time volunteer celebrates 90th b...

Long-time volunteer celebrates 90th birthday

There are 4 comments on the Community Press story from Oct 24, 2008, titled Long-time volunteer celebrates 90th birthday. In it, Community Press reports that:

The legion hall was filled with laughter, conversation, and many memories as friends and family arrived from as far away as Vancouver to help Madeline Gow celebrate her 90th birthday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Community Press.

John Gow

Toronto, Canada

#1 Nov 9, 2008
I would like to thank all of the wonderful friends my mother has in Marmora. She has spent some of the best and happiest times of her life with her friends there, and she is still looking forward to each day when she can see those valuable friends and enjoy time with them. Thanks for looking after my mother for all those years.
John Gow
your welcome John

Toronto, Canada

#2 Nov 9, 2008
This is a beautiful little municipality, part of Hastings County and located in central southern Ontario.

It is equidistant from Ottawa and Toronto and the main village is located along Hwy 7, a major transportation route for trucks and vehicles traveling to and through those destinations.

The largest village, Marmora, is surrounded by water from Crowe River, Crowe Lake and Beaver Creek.

http://www.marmora.info/

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#3 Nov 9, 2008
Best Wishes from http://www.topix.com/ca/marmora-on

Vision Statement

Marmora and Lake will continue to be a small thriving Municipality in Ontario;

a desirable place to work, live, vacation, and retire;

by providing a clean natural environment, varied sources of recreation, excellent services and reasonable taxes.
Kelly Dunlop

Yongin, Korea

#4 Jan 10, 2009
John Gow wrote:
I would like to thank all of the wonderful friends my mother has in Marmora. She has spent some of the best and happiest times of her life with her friends there, and she is still looking forward to each day when she can see those valuable friends and enjoy time with them. Thanks for looking after my mother for all those years.
John Gow
Hope you had a wonderful birthday Madeline! I miss you very much! Kelly, South Korea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marmora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mother suing Ontario hospital after nurse falls... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Mumps in GTA 1
News Companies increasing energy storage development... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Solarman 1
News Marmora, Ont., man found guilty of cruelty to a... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Bulwinkle 1
News 16 meteor sightings occur in Ontario on Aug. 25 (Aug '14) Aug '14 Kate 1
News Community Calendar (Apr '12) Apr '12 Chuck 1
News Hoof Boots: Protection Without Permanence (Dec '11) Dec '11 TheJazuma 2
News Asahi Haikuist Network (Dec '11) Dec '11 TheJazuma 2
More from around the web