'Swingtown' may get a second chance

'Swingtown' may get a second chance

There are 4 comments on the Regina Leader Post story from Aug 29, 2008, titled 'Swingtown' may get a second chance. In it, Regina Leader Post reports that:

Swingtown, that rare example of a first-run summer TV drama that has managed to cling to life until Labour Day weekend, is swinging back and forth between renewal and cancellation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Regina Leader Post.

tomash

Mayerthorpe, Canada

#1 Sep 8, 2008
The reason CBS has not yet cancelled Swingtown is because they have a lot of fans internally, including the President of the Entertainment division, and they know they potentially screwed up royally in how the program was handled and promoted. The complaints and campaigns launched by the Parents Television Council turned out to be rubbish as so little of 'Swingtown' actually overtly portrayed the swinging lifestyle. Also, too many advertisers yanking their ads can be blamed for a complete knee jerk reaction because again, none of them obviously actually watched the show. So I think CBS knows there were a lot of external factors that were influencing viewership, not the least of which was summer holidays, so I think there is a better than even chance that it will return either as a mid-season replacement or a summer show again next summer. I'd be in favor of a more to cable as well, which is an option, since CBS owns Showtime.
Austin

Issaquah, WA

#2 Nov 15, 2008
I am sooo crossing my fingers! I cannot wait to see Janet come out of her shell!
Mee

Port Dover, Canada

#3 Jan 29, 2009
Best show I've seen in years. Far from being morally bankrupt, it's an open, honest show about relationships, love, fidelity and the meaning of monogamy, etc. So well directed, written and acted that it's hilarious it would be cancelled.
Alberta Girl

Canada

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Cannot believe that they are cancelling it. I know for a fact at least 8/10 people I know watched it and loved it. We have just been waiting for it to come back. Excellent story line, written to be open and honest, it will be a true shame if it is not brought back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving our family to Maple Ridge (Apr '16) Jan '18 Chakde 19
News CP Railway crossings getting minor repairs (May '14) Feb '17 Carol 4
News Robbery at Maple Ridge pawn shop (Aug '16) Oct '16 CSteeves 3
News 'Code Red' for buyers in sizzling market in Map... (Jul '16) Sep '16 sinking 5
News Maple Ridge firefighters on front lines of over... (Sep '16) Sep '16 sinking 16
News LETTER: Dispelling myths surrounding housing th... (Sep '16) Sep '16 lie 1
News 'Maple Ridge is getting left out' of transit di... (Aug '16) Aug '16 WELIKEJUSTI 1