Flame of Paralympic Winter Games lit ...

Flame of Paralympic Winter Games lit in Ottawa

There are 1 comment on the People's Daily Online story from Mar 4, 2010, titled Flame of Paralympic Winter Games lit in Ottawa. In it, People's Daily Online reports that:

The Flame for the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games was lit on Wednesday morning on the front lawn of the Parliament Hill in Ottawa, marking the launch of the 2010 Paralympic Torch Relay across Canada.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at People's Daily Online.

Jan

Victoria, Canada

#1 Mar 6, 2010
I think that the paralympics are a wonderful event. It's sad and unfortunate that they don't get as much publicity as they should. Perhaps the paralympic games are too close to the regular Olympics. By the time they come on, everyone has had enough Olympics and wants to go on to something else after all the excitement.

I hope lots of people show up at noon today for the ceremony at the Legislature. Those athletes have worked hard, harder perhaps than the regular athletes who don't have a disability to overcome, and they deserve lots and lots of support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maple Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alert citizen foils potential SUV theft in Mapl... Jul 24 kash deed 1
News Pitt robbery suspect nabbed in Maple Ridge over... Jul 24 god 1
News Woman pushed, purse stolen on Lougheed Jul 24 SUPPORT THE QUEEN 2
News 'No quick fix for homelessness' Jun '15 sam 1
News Helicopter and dog help Maple Ridge Mounties na... Jun '15 sam 2
News Mounties hunt for men who approach Maple Ridge ... Jun '15 sam 2
News Langley motorcyclist dies from injuries after M... Jun '15 MAPLERIDGE 1
More from around the web