A Mountie picks up a hat where Christ...

A Mountie picks up a hat where Christina Haynes' s body was found on Highway 39, east of Calmar.

There are 15 comments on the Edmonton Journal story from Jan 25, 2008, titled A Mountie picks up a hat where Christina Haynes' s body was found on Highway 39, east of Calmar.. In it, Edmonton Journal reports that:

“Police were not able to find evidence that led them to reasonably believe that any person or persons were criminally responsible for the death of Christina Haynes”

The death of young woman, whose body was found on a highway near Calmar last November, has been ruled non-criminal. "Police were not able to find evidence that led them to reasonably believe that any person or ... via Edmonton Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmonton Journal.

Lee Can

Fort Mcmurray, Canada

#1 Jan 28, 2008
If evidence suggests Christina Haynes fell from a vehicle and people travelling in the truck left her on the side of the road, is that not simple enough evidence of a criminal act of manslaughter or criminal negligence? Why are there no charges? There is more to this story so why is there no more story? Perhaps the snow has covered evidence while investigators were on xmas holidays. Perhaps there is negligence they are guilty of. When I did my own investigating, I learned that Christina was alive when found. Why did she die before an ambulance reached her? Why did it take half an hour to reach her in a one horse town? What really happened to Christina Haynes?
Jodie Haynes

Edmonton, Canada

#2 Feb 7, 2008
I agree Lee, whether or not she was pushed or she fell those people did not stop while she was falling or after while she lay there on the side of the road.Its pretty sad to know how much value people put on your life and how our system justifies wrongful doing. There is a lot to this story we do not know yet, all of these questions run through our head daily. I know if someone was hanging on to my vehicle scared they were falling out at a high speed I would pull them in or stop, that right there is negligence. This is a terrible tragedy, one that could not bring repair to the damage that has been done, people need to be educated that cases like this should be criminal because of negligence but it is not, would people open their eyes wider if this were a young child. We want to know the truth and we want justice, Christina deserves this much.
Mother of Christina

Edmonton, Canada

#3 Jun 26, 2008
I ve read your feelings on my daughters accident Lee,I agree.My family has suffered so much threw this.my daughter Christina was loving and kind.Nothing is the same anymore,as a mother i feel so lost without her ,,,all her sisters miss her so much.The pain as she was only turned 20 yrs old.My daughter wouldnt of jumped unless threatened,,,everyday I cry,,,my soul will never rest. I thought it was suppose to be the parents to go first,,,,she didnt deserve this,,,what kind of justice system do we have and care about. We have to change things,is this how we all want it for our childrens safety.She didnt even get to live a life,,,it was stolen from her.They should of stopped when Christina said stop to let her out,,,why are they walking and my daughter 6 feet under ground,,,something wrong with this picture.
Bridget Haynes

Canada

#4 Oct 30, 2008
LEE,
We too truly believe there is more to the story then has been told and many things make no sense to us. We would love to talk to you. If you could email kenbridget@hotmail.com we would love to hear from you....
Lee Can wrote:
If evidence suggests Christina Haynes fell from a vehicle and people travelling in the truck left her on the side of the road, is that not simple enough evidence of a criminal act of manslaughter or criminal negligence? Why are there no charges? There is more to this story so why is there no more story? Perhaps the snow has covered evidence while investigators were on xmas holidays. Perhaps there is negligence they are guilty of. When I did my own investigating, I learned that Christina was alive when found. Why did she die before an ambulance reached her? Why did it take half an hour to reach her in a one horse town? What really happened to Christina Haynes?
Christina haynes Mom

Edmonton, Canada

#5 Aug 7, 2009
LEE do you still look on here.Im hoping you can tell me how you know Christina,my daughter was still alive before the ambulance got there.How do you know this? Please its been almost 2 years and I still suffer greatly wanting to put the pieces together,wondering why it took the ambulance so long to get to her on a highway that was not busy at 4 in the morning. please give us some peace anything will help please. Thank you and god bless you. angel_huggsgirls@yahoo.com
CHRISTINAS MOM

Edmonton, Canada

#6 Sep 21, 2010
LEE, IM WONDERING IF YOU STILL COME ON HERE? sTILL IM IN PAIN FROM THE LOSS OF MY DAUGHTER WHO CANNOT DEFEND HERSELF. tHE JUSTICE SYSTEM HAS FORGOTEN ABOUT MY DAUGHTER,AND WHAT HAPPENED IN TRUTH THAT NIGHT. BUT GOD HAS NOT FORGOTTEN AND HAS SEEN THE TRUTH. WHY DIDNT THEY STOP FOR HER IF THEY WERENT GUILTY,,,WHY DID THE AMBULANCE TAKE SO LONG ??????? WHY NO ANSWERS TO ALL OF THIS? DOESNT ANYONE CARE?? LEE I WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU DID YOUR OWN INVESTIGATION,,,ARE YOU A POLICE OFFICER OR LAYWER? I WAS JUST WONDERING,,,YOU SAID YOU KNEW SHE WAS STIL ALIVE BEFORE THE AMBULANCE GOT THERE,,,,HOW???? COULD YOU TELL ME PLEASE? THE ONLY WAY IS THAT YOU WERE THERE,,YOU SAW HER,I ALSO WANTED TO TALK TO THE WOMAN WHO WAS WITH HER TH LAST FEW MINS,,,I DONT KNOW HER NAME...ITS IMPORTANT TO ME,,MAYBE NOT TO HER,,THINGS I NEED TO ASK TO HER,,
FRAZIER JOE AKROUSH

Shafter, CA

#7 Feb 11, 2011
All I can say; I am at a loss for words...All I can say I am deeply sorry for your loss of such a precious beautiful young angel and my heart goes out to you and your family. Also deeply saddened that such an evil act has happened to you and your family and hope justice comes for Christina. I Hope she is resting in peace in God's loving and amazing hands until you see her again one day. I love you so much and hope God always blesses you and watches you and gives you strength. hugs and love forever....Frazier
FRAZIER JOE AKROUSH

Shafter, CA

#8 Feb 11, 2011
...All I can say I am deeply sorry for your loss of such a precious beautiful young angel and my heart goes out to you and your family. Also deeply saddened that such an evil act has happened to you and your family and hope justice comes for Christina. I Hope she is resting in peace in God's loving and amazing hands until you see her again one day. I love you so much and hope God always blesses you and watches you and gives you strength. hugs and love forever....Frazier
CHRISTINAS MOM wrote:
LEE, IM WONDERING IF YOU STILL COME ON HERE? sTILL IM IN PAIN FROM THE LOSS OF MY DAUGHTER WHO CANNOT DEFEND HERSELF. tHE JUSTICE SYSTEM HAS FORGOTEN ABOUT MY DAUGHTER,AND WHAT HAPPENED IN TRUTH THAT NIGHT. BUT GOD HAS NOT FORGOTTEN AND HAS SEEN THE TRUTH. WHY DIDNT THEY STOP FOR HER IF THEY WERENT GUILTY,,,WHY DID THE AMBULANCE TAKE SO LONG ??????? WHY NO ANSWERS TO ALL OF THIS? DOESNT ANYONE CARE?? LEE I WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU DID YOUR OWN INVESTIGATION,,,ARE YOU A POLICE OFFICER OR LAYWER? I WAS JUST WONDERING,,,YOU SAID YOU KNEW SHE WAS STIL ALIVE BEFORE THE AMBULANCE GOT THERE,,,,HOW???? COULD YOU TELL ME PLEASE? THE ONLY WAY IS THAT YOU WERE THERE,,YOU SAW HER,I ALSO WANTED TO TALK TO THE WOMAN WHO WAS WITH HER TH LAST FEW MINS,,,I DONT KNOW HER NAME...ITS IMPORTANT TO ME,,MAYBE NOT TO HER,,THINGS I NEED TO ASK TO HER,,
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#9 Feb 12, 2011
...HEY...LET '' OUR'' Scarlet Mounted Men...do dhier Job,HERE...''thankyou's''....y ada u...eh..
chrissys mother

Edmonton, Canada

#10 Feb 14, 2011
Lee Can wrote:
LEE HOW DID YOUKNOW MY DAUGHTER WAS ALIVE WHEN FOUND ON THE ROAD PLEASE i need to know.
chrissys mother

Edmonton, Canada

#11 Feb 14, 2011
hi lee,,,,,please tell me how you know my daughter was alive,,,we hav\e the right to know. are you a investigator? give the family some peace please someone.
Gregs sister

Campbell River, Canada

#12 Feb 15, 2011
Hi Chris' mom. Greg's sister here. I was thinking about Christina today. All of you actually. How Greg was married to April and I never knew any of you. Weird. Anyways. Have you tried to contact the paper that ran this article to see if you can get the address that wrote that comment? All posts have a history. I'm sure if you get in touch with someone in the police force and inform them of this comment? The information is there. You just need to find the proper channels who can get it for you.
Hope you are well. I still find it hard without Greg in my life and I'm sure you are finding it with your girl gone. Bless you.
Paul Shykora

Calgary, Canada

#13 Feb 16, 2011
..GOD BLESS...Everyone ,here....''LOV'yha''....
BBB

Winnipeg, Canada

#14 Aug 25, 2011
Gregs sister wrote:
Hi Chris' mom. Greg's sister here. I was thinking about Christina today. All of you actually. How Greg was married to April and I never knew any of you. Weird. Anyways. Have you tried to contact the paper that ran this article to see if you can get the address that wrote that comment? All posts have a history. I'm sure if you get in touch with someone in the police force and inform them of this comment? The information is there. You just need to find the proper channels who can get it for you.
Hope you are well. I still find it hard without Greg in my life and I'm sure you are finding it with your girl gone. Bless you.
I know topix has a policy to not give out IP# unless they are forced by a court of law. Good luck to you and sorry for your loss.
GREGS SISTER

Edmonton, Canada

#15 Mar 26, 2012
Hello Gregs sister,
Im so sorry for your loss of Greg. He was a talented,bright,and wonderful person who spoke to me often. Sorry I dont come on here often,but I wonder who this Lee is,,,he must be a investigator. How are you guys doing? Its been 4 years now and is still very hard for us all. We miss her so much as I can imagine how you miss your brother. Know he was a special guy as Christina was caught in a place they shouldnt of been in. Greg talked to me about his sisters. He loved you guys,,,he also told me I was a wonderful mom and that had wished he had a mom like me. He had a great heart,,I was very saddened to hear of this since he was a famly. Again m so sorry for your loss,,he is with God now as my daughter,,,May God give you peace inside and comfort for all your family. God bless you,Chrissys mom....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leduc Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meet the newest members of the RCMP police dog ... May '17 Michael 1
Your Quality Wee d / Hashes & Meds in Leduc Mar '17 Jason 1
Renting from 100 Sugar Maple Lane (Aug '14) Feb '17 Renter 3
News Lost cat to be reunited with owner after six years (Mar '15) Mar '15 Tim 1
News Oct. 3, 1958: City report notes trend to suburbia (Jan '15) Jan '15 your city your st... 1
News Shale gas not worth the risk, Quebec environmen... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Kenny 1
News How Communities Keep It Industrial (Jan '15) Jan '15 Terry 1
More from around the web