Sleeping pills, anxiety meds may shorten lives

There are 20 comments on the Nov 15, 2010, MSNBC story titled Sleeping pills, anxiety meds may shorten lives. In it, MSNBC reports that:

Taking medications to treat insomnia or anxiety may shorten some people's lives, according to the results of a 12-year study in Canada.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Big Balls

Gosport, UK

#1 Nov 18, 2010
Is That a bad thing?
Mr Big Balls

Gosport, UK

#4 Nov 18, 2010
I've also reason to believe murder may shorten lives.
KPB

Haywards Heath, UK

#6 Nov 18, 2010
They've fair shortened my night, that's for sure.

Fcuk me, it's 2.30am

Sinking feeling that soon that will be "Fcuk me, I've got a telegram from the queen;...
dont know

UK

#9 Nov 20, 2010
about life but my memory is totally ucked since taking them fae feb this year n am only 25 i forget things aw the time n things that happened a week ago feel like a month ago
but hey am on 1 now so let the v destroy
dont know

UK

#11 Nov 20, 2010
aye bud am defo addicted i take handfulls of proper 10mgs n the oner i could take 20 n still be sound
i dont even get a really gd buzz n i think wit do i take these for but am really scared of withdrawls

Since: Oct 10

Ireland

#12 Nov 20, 2010
yeah but if ya dont take em itl definitly shorten your life coz ull end up trowin yourself off a bridge
cheers

UK

#14 Nov 20, 2010
barrow heid u made me feel 10 times better lol
but i hope ure talking crapp
cheers

UK

#15 Nov 20, 2010
paco ya nonce il chop u up
djpunisher

London, UK

#29 Nov 29, 2010
I don't understand why some people get withdrawl symtoms an some don't I was taking diazepam from my doctor for a year and he kept wanting to take me off them as he thought I had become dependent on them but I stopped taking them without any wthdrawl sympoms at all I was also taking tramadol for 2 years stopped them no problem then it was oxy codone imediate release campsules for extreme back pain after an injury was taking them for 6 months once again stopped them witout any effect apart from a bit of insomnia so then I had zolpidem 10mg had no effect on me even if I took up to 40mg of it then it was temazepam which also had no effect on gettin me to sleep so i had accupuncture treatment cured my insomnia in two weeks witout any drugs!
I don't drink alcahol I gave up smoking without any patches or any kind of help of any kind after smoking 20 a day for 23 years I just decided to give up when I had my son.
That was probably the only thing that I'd say I had withdrawl symtoms from! But it just takes strength and determination and the will to ride out the first couple of weeks then it becomes a lot easier belive me and the benefits are unbelivable I feel 10 yeas younger more coughs my lung capacity has trebled my sense of smell has increased and food tastes a he'll of a lot better! Now I can't stand the smell of smoke iff sonbody is smoking around me I have to leave the room. If you can give up smoking belive me benzo's opiates sleeping pills etc will be a walk in the park
cara

UK

#32 Nov 30, 2010
AppyDaze wrote:
<quoted text>
im 25 also, doc perscribed me Zopi's 2.5 years ago along with Mirtazapine for Dep, soluable ones, nice them were., been on threm for ofer a year then he put me onto Nitrazepam's ( wank ), Pro somethings,,, lil blue sleepers. THEN now im on Temazepam.
Doe's fk u up a little in the head.
Best to hae a few days a week off um. Ull get hooked n its nasty fella beliefe.
Fkt up nightmares, twitches, "brain loss"... jst stare and can't think.
Need my Doc to put me on Diazepam as itll help for anxiety AND sleep but cut backs n addiction = him not helping me :@
2 Zopiclones and 30mg Temazepam is a standard dose to put me sleep now.
"Scared" not to hae any for nights, hense why on this site. Doc's won't help so got to turn elsewhere.
hi wud u sell any cara.666@hotmail,co.uk 07919239422

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#33 Dec 4, 2010
valium 5mg and seroquel 100mg are my LIFESAVERS
insomnia

Jamaica, NY

#34 Dec 4, 2010
u know me wrote:
Oh, and "Appy Dayz"... downers, GABA drugs, are probably the only things that can kill if you go cold turkey. That's Benzos, Alcohol, GHB, etc.
Anything else might be uncomfortable... opiate withdrawal for example... but you won't die.
As you say, just taper slowly. Your brain will adjust back to normal levels. But those normal levels will probably not feel satisfactory to you - that's the psychological addiction. The only cure to that is keep busy, exercise, get a hobby, keep your mind off the drugs and NEVER "oh, one more night won't hurt". Tapering will increase the period of withdrawals, so you have to find the right balance, even if it takes months.
started taking ambien 8 years ago - still 10 mg - attempted several times to stop - the sleeplessness make me suicidal - any ideas on how long it might take to stop and sleep or what to expect? no answer from doc.
vera

Scranton, PA

#36 Dec 6, 2010
You can also look for alternative medicine at http://www.pureandhealthy.com/
Anonymous

UK

#37 Dec 7, 2010
conntact me tamazez wanted

Since: Dec 10

San Francisco, CA

#39 Jan 2, 2011
sounds alarming. lucky i don't take any medications for my sleep disorder due to my stress but just taking MX 5-HTP, a natural supplement to help me ease assist with my stress and the effects of sleep deprivation.

www.maxalife.com
jadehodgsonfirdt

Reading, UK

#40 Jan 2, 2011
Of course it's a sorter life your asleep most of the time
Joey

Haleiwa, HI

#41 Feb 27, 2011
AppyDaze wrote:
shortening my life.... asleep more than im awake,
I tried ambien for weeks along with high doses of over-the-counter diphenhydramine and still... 5am bedtime at best, it suuuucks. anyway I just found this guys blog who posts different tips and ideas to help with insomnia. He also throws in some entertaining stuff like quotes and song suggestions to help ou fall asleep. He only has a few posts but hes been updating them regularly. Its pretty cool some of the stuff he mentions, Id say its worth at least checking out.
Here's the link, hope this helps!: http://insomniaticmeats.blogspot.com/

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#42 Mar 7, 2011
AppyDaze wrote:
<quoted text>
im 25 also, doc perscribed me Zopi's 2.5 years ago along with Mirtazapine for Dep, soluable ones, nice them were., been on threm for ofer a year then he put me onto Nitrazepam's ( wank ), Pro somethings,,, lil blue sleepers. THEN now im on Temazepam.
Doe's fk u up a little in the head.
Best to hae a few days a week off um. Ull get hooked n its nasty fella beliefe.
Fkt up nightmares, twitches, "brain loss"... jst stare and can't think.
Need my Doc to put me on Diazepam as itll help for anxiety AND sleep but cut backs n addiction = him not helping me :@
2 Zopiclones and 30mg Temazepam is a standard dose to put me sleep now.
"Scared" not to hae any for nights, hense why on this site. Doc's won't help so got to turn elsewhere.
LEAVE MAIL GOT LOADS OF MIRTAZAPINE 30MG OK M8
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#43 Mar 7, 2011
Ambien Withdrawal and Headaches

Pasted from < http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/ambien/T8MMMF... ;

----

Ambien problems

Pasted from < http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/ambien/T91ALG... ;

class action suit
Posted in the Ambien, Zolpidem Forum

Pasted from < http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/ambien/TTG2JF... ;

Ambien CR and Daily Headaches

Pasted from < http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/ambien/TQTHRF... ;

----------

Ambien causing depression

Pasted from < http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/ambien/TCQ44I... ;

How Many Ambien Patients Get Up At Night And Remember Nothing?

Pasted from < http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/ambien/TV3E2F... ;

----------

Deaths Murders, violence and Suicides from mind drugs.

SSRI stories

http://ssristories.com/index.php
Lamar
#45 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laval Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BMO bogus $100 bills - customer worried she won... Jan '15 Intelligence 1
QVF Group Fraud Investigators Civil Risk Manage... Dec '14 leighphe 1
Polar Bear Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc on I... Dec '14 leighphe 1
News Take a Boeing 737 for a spin at the AeroSim Exp... Nov '14 Andre 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier (Oct '14) Oct '14 good supplier 1
Hass & Associates Online Reviews: Er det pa tid... (Aug '14) Aug '14 xenahelios22 1
ARA Fraud & Forensic Services: Background Inves... (Jul '14) Jul '14 montyknnar 1
More from around the web