Sleepless Canadians boozing themselve...

Sleepless Canadians boozing themselves to sleep is just another World Tax Collected on Prohibition

There are 5 comments on the www.thestarphoenix.com story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Sleepless Canadians boozing themselves to sleep is just another World Tax Collected on Prohibition. In it, www.thestarphoenix.com reports that:

North America 8 % of people in the study reported using alcohol as a sleep aid -

including 28 % of people who met all the diagnostic criteria

for insomnia syndrome or had symptoms of the sleep disorder.

... Among people with insomnia, 28 % reported self-medicating with alcohol.

The study, one of the first in Canada to put numbers to the societal and economic burden of insomnia, estimates the total annual costs of the sleep disorder in ... Comment?

Related Topix: North America, World News, Medicine, Insomnia, Quebec, Canada, Laval, QC, Canada, Calgary, AB, Alberta

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.thestarphoenix.com.

Sleep Less in Canada

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jan 2, 2009
Insomnia costing economy $20-billion a year

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/...
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#2 Jan 2, 2009
Sleep Less in Canada wrote:
Insomnia costing economy $20-billion a year
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/...
...Dhis is very interesting...I's booze very little,toooo booooot!!...Thankyous'......eh .

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#3 Jan 2, 2009
fyi
Marg wrote:
I dont think anyone should do drugs,

especially someone like Paul.

I dont know what drugs these kids are on nowedays,

but they make you wierd.

I see lots of them,,

wandering around,

looking stupid,

talking giberish.
Bud the Spud

Toronto, Canada

#4 Jan 4, 2009
2008-09-03, Front

Nova Scotia making more bucks from booze

By BRUCE ERSKINE Business Reporter
Wed. Sep 3 - 6:04 PM

The Nova Scotia Liquor Corp. netted more than $50 million during the first quarter of 2008.

The corporation reported Wednesday that its net income for the three months ended June 29 was $51.9 million on net sales of $133.9 million, a 6.6 per cent increase from the same period in 2007, when NSLC netted $48.7 million on sales of $128.5 million...

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9008293.ht...
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#5 Jan 4, 2009
YHA OKAY...Balance,...balance....e h.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Laval Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sleeping pills, anxiety meds may shorten lives (Nov '10) Sep 15 Aerie66 41
News The feminine side of bodybuilding: Yarmouth wom... May '17 LMLS 1
News Proposed Laval bylaw clamps down on unregistere... (Feb '17) Mar '17 Dateless LAVAL Po... 2
MUSLIN REFUGEES FLYING Into Manitoba Across Bor... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Strip Search Muslins 2
News Quebec City Islamic centre had 'major' security... (Jan '17) Mar '17 Dominique Mohammed 2
LAVAL Police Soft on Crime after Drug Bust ! (Jan '16) Mar '17 Tailed-Her Swift 6
MUSLIM WOMAN SINGS for IMMIGRANTS ! (Mar '17) Mar '17 Dominique Mohammed 1
More from around the web