this weeks letter to editor
taxpayer

Lac La Biche, Canada

#62 Jan 10, 2012
Mojo wrote:
Can you tell us where would a community of our size have a private pool to make a revenue? You are grasping at small straws to be negative yet again. The pool was funded through provincial funding when the college was AVC and only made perfect sense to provide a service to our community. It was not a money making venture and was never intending to be but I am thankful that local kids as well as adults are able to utilize this facility for their personal health. Thanks to the Province for building it...thanks to County for taking it over to maintain it to the appropriate standards. Give your head a quick shake and start to realize that our community is more than a profitable business. Only then will you have any credibility in this community.
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with you. However these are not the reasons DC put forward the purchase, it was for personal reasons.
Mojo

Lac La Biche, Canada

#63 Jan 10, 2012
I know that it was convenient that his daughter was training at this time but I think that this deal had to be done sooner or later. The Golf Course thing was a little bit different though. It is nice to have a nice course in this county but only some of the taxpayers benefit from this so called elite game.
The REAL Mojo

Lac La Biche, Canada

#64 Jan 10, 2012
Mojo wrote:
I know that it was convenient that his daughter was training at this time but I think that this deal had to be done sooner or later. The Golf Course thing was a little bit different though. It is nice to have a nice course in this county but only some of the taxpayers benefit from this so called elite game.
like new years parties for the elite at the bold center (free tickets for councellors?) i heard some were trying to sell theirs to go to the kinsmen party instead.
Mojo

Lac La Biche, Canada

#65 Jan 10, 2012
Was the country fling at the Bold Center not a success? It is tough to have New Years a Rocking good time when a second rate Country act is playing in a large venue. I don't think that I would like to party with the crew that is running our local politics anyway! I heard that some of the members like to party though.

The REAL Mojo wrote:
<quoted text>
like new years parties for the elite at the bold center (free tickets for councellors?) i heard some were trying to sell theirs to go to the kinsmen party instead.
The REAL Mojo

Lac La Biche, Canada

#66 Jan 10, 2012
Mojo wrote:
Was the country fling at the Bold Center not a success? It is tough to have New Years a Rocking good time when a second rate Country act is playing in a large venue. I don't think that I would like to party with the crew that is running our local politics anyway! I heard that some of the members like to party though.
<quoted text>
You'll have to ask Shadia to define success. I think her and I have a very different opinion of it.(see page 4 of the POST.. good job to them for getting this story.) I like how she blames the community for not supporting it. If Shadia is the face and thought of the county then we're all in trouble.("The money was in the budget to be spent.")
taxpayer

Lac La Biche, Canada

#67 Jan 10, 2012
Mojo wrote:
I know that it was convenient that his daughter was training at this time but I think that this deal had to be done sooner or later. The Golf Course thing was a little bit different though. It is nice to have a nice course in this county but only some of the taxpayers benefit from this so called elite game.
Either one is probably used by as many people. Both places improved with a big dump of (taxpayer) money.
Mojo

Lac La Biche, Canada

#68 Jan 10, 2012
True but any successful community of our size usually has these types of facilities in their environment and maybe help by keeping everyone healthy and happy. In this day and age it is nice to have options on how people would like to spend their extra time recreationally. We live in Gods land for outside activities but some people would like other options (similar to the Pool Issue) just like all other communities in Alberta
taxpayer

Lac La Biche, Canada

#69 Jan 10, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> Either one is probably used by as many people. Both places improved with a big dump of (taxpayer) money.
I should add... not to knock the old pool and golf committies, they did a fine job with the money that they had.
dunit

Lac La Biche, Canada

#70 Jan 10, 2012
Now that you guys got all the problems solved what can be done about the childish attitudes of some of our local doctors, where else can an adult go to emerg. and be told by a doctor that your not worth his time ?? How sick do you have to be to get the proper medical attention ? I think it's time to start rattling some chains, I see now why people are going to Cold Lake, Smokey Lake Athabaska and Boyle for medical attention.
taxpayer

Lac La Biche, Canada

#71 Jan 10, 2012
So what was the reason for the golf course? Oh yeah, he's a golfer too. What takeover is next in the empire building? Maybe a reversal with him gone.. We can't afford the empire now so what or who gets cut? Or will taxes need to go up?
Old and bold

Canada

#72 Jan 11, 2012
Wish we had a $30,000 dollar budget for our local new years dance. But we didn't But we still made money. Had 172 for dinner over 200 for the dance band cost 1000, and over agrand of donated fireworks for midnite no free tickets .

And I didn't no that we bought the golf course.

What they lost at new years could of been wages for sum one for a year
Old and bold

Canada

#73 Jan 11, 2012
Since the pool and the bold center have no hope of making money then let's don't charge for people to use them no fees for ice time,soccer pitch rent, weight room running track, and no fees at the pool. I,d like to see the revenue side of them both. I'd have no problem letting every one I'n for free then at least the 2 would be used more, the bold is slow during the week
Mojo

Lac La Biche, Canada

#74 Jan 11, 2012
If this happens then there must be a Re-Action and have to recover the costs from somewhere else and I guess that would be by raising taxes for this service. There will never be a revenue side from any of these facilities and this was not expected. The Bold is used frequently from 4pm to 10pm during the week because that is when the 9-5 society operates. When the High School moves over to this location then it will be utilized by the younger public citizens during the day. The young people benefit ultimately from this move and so do the parents of these young learners. We are sorry if you do not fit into these demographics but this community is moving in the right direction regardless of the negatives on this topic! I think that you are just trying to find faults in a system that is only going to improve with time to come.
Old and bold wrote:
Since the pool and the bold center have no hope of making money then let's don't charge for people to use them no fees for ice time,soccer pitch rent, weight room running track, and no fees at the pool. I,d like to see the revenue side of them both. I'd have no problem letting every one I'n for free then at least the 2 would be used more, the bold is slow during the week
dropDEADfred

Calgary, Canada

#75 Jan 11, 2012
Mojo wrote:
I know that it was convenient that his daughter was training at this time but I think that this deal had to be done sooner or later. The Golf Course thing was a little bit different though. It is nice to have a nice course in this county but only some of the taxpayers benefit from this so called elite game.
It was purchased so all the hockey snobs could play golf all summer.
dropDEADfred

Calgary, Canada

#76 Jan 11, 2012
dunit wrote:
Now that you guys got all the problems solved what can be done about the childish attitudes of some of our local doctors, where else can an adult go to emerg. and be told by a doctor that your not worth his time ?? How sick do you have to be to get the proper medical attention ? I think it's time to start rattling some chains, I see now why people are going to Cold Lake, Smokey Lake Athabaska and Boyle for medical attention.
I say lets tar and feather the whole lot of doctors, then run them down main street and right out of town, mainly that loser Burkhill
haily

Lac La Biche, Canada

#77 Jan 11, 2012
There are some good Doctors in this town but you just have to wait to get in to see them because of demand. I think that Richard is an excellent Anasthetic Dr and can be a good GP but he gets annoyed when people come in with flu symptoms. Put yourself in his shoes when you think of how many people he sees from Emergencies to Sick notes. This is a very busy town and I know that he is expected to perform at all costs but I think that anyone would get pissed off by some of the people he sees at the clinic.
dropDEADfred wrote:
<quoted text>I say lets tar and feather the whole lot of doctors, then run them down main street and right out of town, mainly that loser Burkhill
taxpayer

Lac La Biche, Canada

#78 Jan 11, 2012
dunit wrote:
Now that you guys got all the problems solved what can be done about the childish attitudes of some of our local doctors, where else can an adult go to emerg. and be told by a doctor that your not worth his time ?? How sick do you have to be to get the proper medical attention ? I think it's time to start rattling some chains, I see now why people are going to Cold Lake, Smokey Lake Athabaska and Boyle for medical attention.
IF a doctor told you that, you should have went to the clinic in the first place. It's called emergency not sniffles. Every time I've went to emerg I got great service. I wasn't close to dieing or anything but I did need some help.
Old And Bold

Boyle, Canada

#79 Jan 11, 2012
Mojo wrote:
If this happens then there must be a Re-Action and have to recover the costs from somewhere else and I guess that would be by raising taxes for this service. There will never be a revenue side from any of these facilities and this was not expected. The Bold is used frequently from 4pm to 10pm during the week because that is when the 9-5 society operates. When the High School moves over to this location then it will be utilized by the younger public citizens during the day. The young people benefit ultimately from this move and so do the parents of these young learners. We are sorry if you do not fit into these demographics but this community is moving in the right direction regardless of the negatives on this topic! I think that you are just trying to find faults in a system that is only going to improve with time to come.
<quoted text>
when the school is built it will get better u are right i realise the building is here and we have to deal with it, it is a very nice facility, for a town of maybe 50,000 people one day we may get that big, get a wall mart, canadian Tire,tims ect.
this town has been held back for over 20 years,from past town mayors not wanting growth . Look At the oil boom we have a ramada,boston pizza. they should have been here a long time ago, look at conklin i heard they may be getting a ramada , well no more posts from me been fun
City slicker

Canada

#80 Jan 12, 2012
Got to start sum were
City slicker

Canada

#82 Jan 13, 2012
Ok

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lac la Biche Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jerry tratch rocks here! (Feb '09) 3 hr Trurth Seeker 14
GARAGE SALE -- Lac La Biche County ... (Apr '09) Jun 17 Aru 12
Where is Big Jim Young (Oct '14) Apr '16 Merdith 4
News Lac La Biche apartment blaze sparked by cigaret... Mar '16 SMOKING KILLS 1
LLB cancers stop timmies. Mar '16 The Watchdog 1
News Lac La Biche gas bar armed robbery has RCMP loo... Feb '16 RCMP Bod Squad 1
Bad Experiences at the Scratch N Sniff Kennel a... (Aug '14) Jan '16 DoggyDarcare 28
More from around the web