First Prev
of 14
Next Last
D Sarsfield

Ponoka, Canada

#296 Jan 5, 2011
Alan? Doom & Gloom is that you? How have you been? I remember when you had family in the county offices. They were perfect though, right?
Toodles.
come clean people

Lac La Biche, Canada

#297 Jan 5, 2011
why go on, when you can go for a walk in OUR MULTIPLEX!

Thank You Peter & Alma and Family

Thanks Council and Everyone who made it happen

thank you VOTERS for making it happen!
TommyTwoFeathers

Calgary, Canada

#298 Jan 6, 2011
come clean people wrote:
why go on, when you can go for a walk in OUR MULTIPLEX!
Thank You Peter & Alma and Family
Thanks Council and Everyone who made it happen
thank you VOTERS for making it happen!
Sounds like filly and janey tooting their own wistle
taxpayer

Lac La Biche, Canada

#299 Jan 6, 2011
Our Multiplex is awesome!

Thank You!
taxpayer

Edmonton, Canada

#300 Jan 6, 2011
nice to see that we are the envy of the neighboring communities for a change, instead of the laughing stock.

Roid Rage and Screeching beancounter will probably rectify that in due time though.
who ha

Lac La Biche, Canada

#301 Jan 6, 2011
taxpayer wrote:
nice to see that we are the envy of the neighboring communities for a change, instead of the laughing stock.
Roid Rage and Screeching beancounter will probably rectify that in due time though.
we will find out when some balanced financials come,to see where we really are instead of close enough. lets compare taxes and user fees,then see the envy.
Plamondonite

Edmonton, Canada

#302 Jan 6, 2011
who ha wrote:
<quoted text>
we will find out when some balanced financials come,to see where we really are instead of close enough. lets compare taxes and user fees,then see the envy.
Crawl back into your hole old bent broad, you are to depressing.

Whatsa matter, special K not sticking it in far enough?
who ha

Lac La Biche, Canada

#303 Jan 6, 2011
Totally got the wrong person fill lip or kickback. Just a taxpayer wanting to know how bad you sunk us. This above board,responsible council will get us back on track,don't worry. Unless one (or both)of you is scared of what will be found out. I'm sure your smarter than that anyway.
wise one

Lac La Biche, Canada

#304 Jan 6, 2011
looks like you're pegged there who ha / OBB!

how come you've not been at the multiplex anyway?

old "we don't need schools" even said he'd be going!
MrMillions

Calgary, Canada

#305 Jan 13, 2011
the post will never take a pro action stand for the lake but they will call everyone cancers for wanting a clean lake or cry like babies if you say someting on topix.
Tyler007

Canada

#306 Jan 31, 2011
I work for CN and yes I agree it would be nice not to have the yard in the middle of town...the County cannot build a road from Twintel to connect to 99 Ave because that would be cutting through the railyard. CN's point of view is that the railway was built long before the town expanded, so why should they move the tracks? Believe me it would be nice to be located out of town where you don't have trespassers crossing the yard or trains blocking the crossings.
Being an employee of CN Transportation, we not only have to look out for ourselves and our co-worker's lives, but also of trespassers' lives...whenever I see someone attempting to cross through the yard I ask them to go around. I am required by law to report trespassers who cross the tracks...but being a nice guy I'll always give someone a warning first.
Regarding trains blocking the crossings...it is impossible for County councillors to ask CN to operate trains at specific times (i.e. during low traffic hours); our trains leave Walker yard (Edmonton) at various times and we cannot control what times the trains roll through town. Having said that, we are allowed to block crossings for up to 5 minutes. I know that there have been many times where the crossings were blocked for more than 5 minutes; that's because we can't always fit our trains between switches, which results in switching cars around so that they DO fit. We cannot move a train unless the air brakes are operative, and in the winter it can take several minutes for the entire train's air lines to be fully pumped up...
Anyway it's a waste of time to try and coerce council to do anything about the tracks because there isn't anything they can do...unless they build a "rat hole"...which won't happen.
taxpayer

Lac La Biche, Canada

#307 Feb 2, 2011
The local rag is on the wrong side of the issue again. Just how much stupid influence does a centrefold buy you?
Equating protecting your drinking water from poison is hardly the equivalent of a snow ridge on your driveway or a few shovelfuls of gravel on the road. Come on, get real.
Buzz

Lac La Biche, Canada

#309 Feb 3, 2011
taxpayer wrote:
The local rag is on the wrong side of the issue again. Just how much stupid influence does a centrefold buy you?
Equating protecting your drinking water from poison is hardly the equivalent of a snow ridge on your driveway or a few shovelfuls of gravel on the road. Come on, get real.
Its as real as its gonna get.
MrMillions

Calgary, Canada

#311 Jan 28, 2012
why don't people put comments on the LLB Post web site to scared of councils bulling tactics.
taxpayer

Lac La Biche, Canada

#312 Jan 28, 2012
Safer on here.
See

Lac La Biche, Canada

#313 Jan 29, 2012
Tyler007 wrote:
I work for CN and yes I agree it would be nice not to have the yard in the middle of town...the County cannot build a road from Twintel to connect to 99 Ave because that would be cutting through the railyard. CN's point of view is that the railway was built long before the town expanded, so why should they move the tracks? Believe me it would be nice to be located out of town where you don't have trespassers crossing the yard or trains blocking the crossings.
Being an employee of CN Transportation, we not only have to look out for ourselves and our co-worker's lives, but also of trespassers' lives...whenever I see someone attempting to cross through the yard I ask them to go around. I am required by law to report trespassers who cross the tracks...but being a nice guy I'll always give someone a warning first.
Regarding trains blocking the crossings...it is impossible for County councillors to ask CN to operate trains at specific times (i.e. during low traffic hours); our trains leave Walker yard (Edmonton) at various times and we cannot control what times the trains roll through town. Having said that, we are allowed to block crossings for up to 5 minutes. I know that there have been many times where the crossings were blocked for more than 5 minutes; that's because we can't always fit our trains between switches, which results in switching cars around so that they DO fit. We cannot move a train unless the air brakes are operative, and in the winter it can take several minutes for the entire train's air lines to be fully pumped up...
Anyway it's a waste of time to try and coerce council to do anything about the tracks because there isn't anything they can do...unless they build a "rat hole"...which won't happen.
The only way to deal with CN is to go above their heads, go to the Feds . I not sure the Feds are above their heads.(rhyme time)
the straight facts

Edmonton, Canada

#314 Jan 30, 2012
See wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to deal with CN is to go above their heads, go to the Feds . I not sure the Feds are above their heads.(rhyme time)
It's been reported before on this post that CN or any other rail company will do whatever you want as long as you pay for it. So if we want them out of town be prepared to write the cheque.
water

Lac La Biche, Canada

#315 Feb 11, 2012
Better thankd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lac la Biche Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feral Cats Dec 24 that how it goes 7
Lac La Biche (Apr '12) Dec 24 Rainbow23 11
Mystery man on audio (not such a mystery) Dec 8 YEAR ROUND HUNTER 16
TireCraft Oasis Lac La Biche (Nov '10) Dec 3 YEAR ROUND HUNTER 17
County roads??? Nov 30 Les 1
GARAGE SALE -- Lac La Biche County ... (Apr '09) Nov '14 Andriushka1980 11
Where is Big Jim Young Nov '14 concerned 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:13 pm PST