Midwifery coming north to Attawapiskat

Midwifery coming north to Attawapiskat

There are 6 comments on the Wawatay News story from Dec 13, 2012, titled Midwifery coming north to Attawapiskat. In it, Wawatay News reports that:

In 1990, women of Attawapiskat helped to make a film calling for the return of midwifery services to the community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wawatay News.

Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#1 Dec 19, 2012
There is a Chief from this Reserve who is on a hunger strike across from Parliament Hill. I emailed her and told her she could eat traditional foods like pemmican, worms, berries, fish, moose meat as long as it is prepared traditionally. INDYUNS never went on hungry strikes. This is new and dangerous. It could kill you, the heart stops without food.

Midwifery is a good idea. I was born deep in the bush by midwifery i.e. my grandmother delivered me. No body knows exactly when I was born. As far as records indicate I was never born! Nobody actually knows which country I was born in either, could be in the US or Canada. I don't know where. My mom says in the bush.
Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#2 Dec 19, 2012
I would have been killed anyway if I was born in a hospital and like I said my mother was White, with no Indian Status and no free medical assistance, so I was born in the bush. I still believe I was born in Ojibwa territory i.e. Minnesota, who is going to know when and where, only bullsh.. records and that is all they are. I was born in the bush not in Canada or the US, just in the bush. Hahahahahaha! Come and accuse me of been a traitor now you stink backwards animal! Ya! I am talking about little white moustache.
Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#3 Dec 19, 2012
Saturday morning, the 22nd. of December, 2012 is the end of the British calendar too. Saturday morning we will see US troops on Canadian land property. Saturday morning the Old Town will be hanging from telegraph posts. Saturday morning the Queen's rule ends in Canada, all over the world for that fact, because the world officially ends 21.12.'12 midnight. All INDYUNS rise, all of my mom's relatives rise, Americans prepare to move the million divisions poised on the Canadian Border and ravage the land, we will welcome you. Hahahahahahahahah! The end has come for the Old Town.
Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#4 Dec 19, 2012
http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...

We'll tar and feather the taunters. Hahahahahaha!

Since: May 11

On Your Back!

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Monsokan wrote:
the world officially ends 21.12.'12 midnight. All INDYUNS rise, all of my mom's relatives rise, Americans prepare to move the million divisions poised on the Canadian Border and ravage the land, we will welcome you. Hahahahahahahahah! The end has come for the Old Town.
Remember though, that only those with true Aboriginal blood flowing in their veins will be spared. Most locals are half breed, and will not be part of the New World order.

I will be fine.

“Just call me ROMEO!!”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#6 Feb 26, 2013
Monsokan wrote:
I would have been killed anyway if I was born in a hospital and like I said my mother was White, with no Indian Status and no free medical assistance, so I was born in the bush. I still believe I was born in Ojibwa territory i.e. Minnesota, who is going to know when and where, only bullsh.. records and that is all they are. I was born in the bush not in Canada or the US, just in the bush. Hahahahahaha! Come and accuse me of been a traitor now you stink backwards animal! Ya! I am talking about little white moustache.
Tough place to live up there in the woods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Videos of two shrieking lynx posted by Ontario ... May 22 Green Party 1
News Dog - arrested' after running off to chase deer... Apr '18 Littlest Hobo 1
News Northern Ontario's dream to secede, reborn: 'We... Apr '18 Billions in less ... 1
News Scientists plan simulated oil spills in northwe... Mar '18 Rural eh 1
News Chemainus man facing drug charges in Ontario Feb '18 other attention 1
News Gerald Stanley acquittal 'consistent with histo... Feb '18 Hun 1
News Parts of Northern Ontario under snowfall warning (Oct '17) Oct '17 Mother Nature 1