Comment on this article

Comment on this article

There are 1 comment on the Prince George Citizen story from Apr 25, 2007, titled Comment on this article. In it, Prince George Citizen reports that:

“I just feel, from our point of view, we could be into this (the downturn) for awhile and we just have to buckle down and drive our costs down. That's what we're doing every day”

West Fraser Timber is preparing for a lengthy downturn in the lumber market, but company president and CEO Hank Ketcham wouldn't say Tuesday whether there are plans to temporarily shut down sawmills. via Prince George Citizen

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Prince George Citizen.

ryan

Canada

#1 Apr 25, 2007
The unfortunate reality is that the market is way oversupplied. Low cost producers are even losing money currently. the rebate from the softwood lumber deal likely only delayed the inevitable. There needs to be volume taken out of the market. Get ready for it, there will be some shutdowns coming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News B.C. Securities Commission accuses stock picker... (Dec '06) Jul '15 Fred 71
....FARMER..is..GOD,..not. (Jun '13) Jun '13 paul SHYKORA artist 1
...LUSH....NATIVE...Gardens.... (Jun '13) Jun '13 paul SHYKORA artist 1
Upcoming Provincial Election (Apr '13) Apr '13 A Concerned Citizen 1
News Susan Rice's Conflict of Interest - Major Holdi... (Dec '12) Apr '13 fukuda 2
News Todd Hamilton named new publisher of the Prince... (Nov '12) Dec '12 Patricia 2
News Huckleberry mine life extended (Mar '12) Mar '12 Ron 1
More from around the web