45 advance to final day of National Spelling Bee

May 29, 2008 Full story: Buffalo News

Veronica Penny, 10, of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, covers her face while competing in round two of the 2008 Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, on Thursday May 29, 2008.

Full Story
michael bonnelame

Calgary, Canada

#1 Jun 1, 2008
Did any of you see the round just before the finals when all remaining Canadians dropped out like flies? What is up with that? Come on kids, do your country proud. I must give them credit, though, because I don't think I could spell half the words that they spelled just to get to that point.

Do you think the kids in the spelling bee contests get beat up or bullied at school more than kids who aren't in the spelling bee? I could just imagine a bully holding one of these kids by the collar and saying, "So you think you can spell, huh? Well let's turn it around and tell me what this word is b-l-o-o-d-y n-o-s-e."

michael

http://shittyofcalgary.com
PAUL SHYKORA

Calgary, Canada

#2 Jun 3, 2008
...I's just got Me A BRAND NEW English-spelling dictionary,tooo booot!!!....eh..And,slow-dumb- reading on ME ..24th LAW book!!....eh....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ancaster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skyway Closure: Alternate routes to Toronto Aug '14 words 2
Roundtable Discussion: Holiday Planning for Kid... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Hamchap 1
NGTA study recommendations will ease, but not e... (Dec '13) Dec '13 behind the scenes... 1
Ontario family learns the great lesson of Caled... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Hans 1
Child sex abuser released from jail (Nov '13) Nov '13 mike 1
Superior mom, son survive collision with deer, ... (Apr '10) Oct '13 Dawn Hamilton 10
Hamilton politicians caught off guard in correc... (Oct '13) Oct '13 same goings on al... 1

Ancaster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE