This letter was originally sent to Councillor Bryan Lewis

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

the taxpayer

Hawkesbury, Canada

#1 Jan 31, 2013
(This letter was originally sent to Councillor Bryan Lewis. A copy was made available for publication).
Hi Bryan,
I was very interested in your comments in today’s (Jan. 10) Independent & Free Press (Lewis wants the status quo for library hours of operation.)
I was recently asked to donate some money to the library (they are looking for something like $1 million in donations), and after spending approx $14 million of taxpayers’ money, I was somewhat shocked and annoyed.
I was never against a modest improvement to the library, but when the Town is seeking funds for an addition to the hospital (the first addition in over 30 years that I have lived here) and extra ice facilities,(because of the huge increase in population), I feel that the library price tag was way more than we needed to spend.
Ms.(Jane) Diamanti (Director of Library Services) is a superb saleswoman but needs to be challenged on every one of her requests for more town money!
lots said not in print

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jan 31, 2013
The media yaps about everything that would divide us

and take sides instead of " just the facts ma'am ".

It has gotten progressively worse since the Chatten days

and these past years have been more divisive than ever before.

guess what I really would like to vote for in their Polls is 'ALL OF THE ABOVE',

but the media disseminates it in their preferred political standpoint 24/7 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Agricultural Community Meeting tonight Pineview... (Nov '08) 1 hr cow prophecy 4Sun... 36
News War plaque finds a home (Nov '12) 1 hr past drill 2 compare 7
News Forgotten war plaque finds home (Nov '11) 1 hr hope just a drill 6
who runs Andrews Scenic Acres fruit (Apr '09) 1 hr ask his Mexicans 4
News Library stocks shelves with summer reading (Jun '08) 1 hr video 3
Harper shines, Wynne sinks 2 hr maybe he dont shine 3
Kentner to represent Halton Hills on Conservati... 2 hr another view 2
More from around the web