Dear Friends: from Mayor ford

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

jim

Hawkesbury, Canada

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Dear Friends:

In 2002 the City of Toronto established a Fraud and Waste Hotline Program with the support of Toronto City Council. Last year, the Audit Committee requested that future reports begin reporting back on the total amount of recovered dollars resulting from fraud and waste investigations. This initiative is in line with my 2010 promise to end the waste at City Hall. And, the hotline is working. In 2012, the City was able to recover $257,000, as a result of the hotline. It is expected that the amount recovered, as a result of investigations in 2012, will be greater once more investigations are completed.

This morning, the Audit Committee heard a presentation on the Auditor General's 2012 Annual Report. Within the 2012 Annual Report, the Auditor General explains that on a go-forward basis, the City will see a savings of almost $40 million. For taxpayers, this is great news because it means we can continue to keep taxes affordable, while providing excellent customer service.

Family Day Weekend is now underway and there are lots of great things going on in Toronto for everyone. There are a number of great events being held by the City at the Zoo, Fort York and City museums, just to name a few. For more information on these events and others throughout the City, please visit http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/it/newsrel.nsf/701... .

If you are a hockey fan and looking for some fun this long weekend, I encourage you to check out the 2013 Courage Canada National Blind Hockey Tournament. This afternoon, I had the pleasure to help open the event and watch some great hockey. Games will be ongoing all weekend. For more information you can visit http://www.couragecanada.ca/2013-tournament/ .

Have a fantastic long weekend. Remember, if you are traveling, drive safe and take caution in the winter conditions.

Yours truly,

Mayor Rob Ford

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
40 Hall road (May '09) 52 min LACEY 4
Complaint about June 18, 2013 Closed Board Meeting 59 min Acton BIA 2
Toronto's ex-police chief to run for Liberals 4 hr Will Moya Help him 1
News Elite Edge lacrosse tops in U.S. field (Jan '10) 6 hr Bulldogs 2
News BIA wants boundaries expanded (Sep '09) 7 hr Achilles 6
why ontario votes liberal 11 hr STUPID 1
stifle it, sousa 11 hr HE IS NUTS 1
More from around the web