As I sit in my cold house on Christma...

As I sit in my cold house on Christmas Eve

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

This guy mad at mayor

Georgetown, Canada

#1 Jan 3, 2014
As I sit in my cold house on Christmas Eve to monitor the space heater to keep the pipes from freezing in my house, I’m quite happy my wife and children are warm and comfortable with family members in a neighbouring municipality.
I can’t help but voice a few concerns. While I have been led to believe that Halton Hills Hydro (HHH) is doing all they can, I find this more than a little hard to believe. I just spent an hour driving through our streets (mostly because my car has heat) and didn’t see a single crew.
It’s much appreciated that HHH would work overtime to fix the problem but let’s remember it’s just that– overtime. A large chunk of extra hours at Christmas that HHH workers, who are already well paid, get paid even more. Thank you for doing your job, sincerely.
An extra-big thanks goes out to Mayor Rick Bonnette. I’m not sure whether his power was on or not (but I could make a bet) but I’d like to thank him for turning down the offer of help from the Provincial government, because apparently, this is not an emergency situation.
Hey Rick, I’ve got news for you! I’ve been without power for coming up on 72 hours, for me and mine this does count as an emergency! I drove through Brampton and saw four crews from Orillia at a gas station, spoke with the guys and Brampton had asked for help.
What have you done to get my power on more quickly, Rick? If you’ve been doing all you can I apologize but from what I’ve seen and heard it’s a far cry from that.
The only thing I wanted to do for Christmas is spend Christmas day relaxing with my family, at home and watching the joy in my sons’ faces.
Fortunately a little matter of lack of power can’t take that away, unfortunately I live in Halton Hills and will have to go elsewhere to enjoy this.
Jim Faye, Georgetown
pat

Georgetown, Canada

#2 Jan 4, 2014
he socked it to the mayor
he mad at the mayor

Georgetown, Canada

#3 Jan 4, 2014
right on
dog days

Georgetown, Canada

#4 Jan 4, 2014
Northpal

Toronto, Canada

#5 Jan 4, 2014
Hey how's that affirmative action hiring working out for you ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Halton Hills adds new program to Community Impr... 55 min who on council be... 4
News Cruise raffle to raise funds for Bruce Trail (Aug '08) 2 hr Charles 3
News Motorists: Stay clear of Ninth Line, 5 Sideroad... 2 hr poles 2 close 2 road 1
Dominion Seed House a Canada Heritage now gone ? (Dec '08) 3 hr what should be there 53
News Proposed temporary overflow parking lot for Tor... Mon temp ponds Acton ... 4
News Halton Region looking to install more red light... Mon Meanwhile 3
The LITTLE NHL (Jan '09) Mon needed years ago 18
More from around the web