2012… A year of stupid
Posted in the Georgetown Forum
#1 Jan 1, 2013
2012… A year of stupid
The Mayan calendar had predicted the end of the world for last Friday, but that day came and went with little more than some rain.
Looking back at some of the oddest stories— and idiotic behaviour of some fellow homo sapiens— might make one wish the Mayans had got it right.
• An intoxicated man had to be pulled from Acton’s Fairy Lake Dec. 2 while trying to walk across paper-thin ice at 1:42 a.m. The temperature that day hit 12C.
• In October two local youths were charged and another sent through the Halton Police diversion program after causing extensive damage to the interior of a vacant warehouse on Todd Rd. Police recovered at the scene a camera, which contained photos of the accused and others causing the damage.
• In California (where else?) a man showed up for a job interview at a welding shop buck naked and high on drugs. No word on if he got the job.
• A Florida juror got three days in jail for contempt of court after he sent a Facebook friend request to the defendant.
• In Las Vegas, a man eating at the Heart Attack Grill restaurant, whose tagline is ‘A Taste Worth Dying For,’ suffered a heart attack while dining on a “triple bypass burger”.
• An Illinois man called 911 asking police to send a officer to his home so he could fight a cop. Police showed up, and soon after the man was arrested him on charges of aggravated battery, resisting a police officer, and battery with intent to provoke or insult.
• A couple was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and assaulting a San Jose handyman, holding him hostage for eight hours and forcing him to do home repairs before he escaped.
• Closer to home a monkey is found at an Ikea store in Toronto. One wonders if he was able to figure out how to put their furniture together?
• Rob Ford… need we say more?
Here’s to a brighter 2013
#2 Jan 1, 2013
Add your comments below
|shopping mall in town||37 min||the push was on||1|
|Treat our money with respect||1 hr||how far we in debt||1|
|Canadian newsmakers who died in 2014||2 hr||going down fast||1|
|Greenspan's talent, passion seen in Black trial||2 hr||death penalty for...||6|
|Thunder scores big||6 hr||Film dot ca||1|
|Why Tim Hortons feels it needs Burger King||9 hr||Give canada away||1|
|Happy holidays! Love, the American economy||9 hr||not same for tricky||1|
Find what you want!
Search Georgetown Forum Now
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC