Time to review emergency preparedness

Jan 16, 2014 Full story: The Independent & Free Press 9

Christmas 2013 is one that most of us will never forget. The ice storm and the resulting hydro blackout meant frigid hardship for many of our residents, but in some ways it also brought out the very best of our communities.

Full Story
no hope Globe and Mail

Georgetown, Canada

#1 Jan 16, 2014
Major city budgets fail to reflect actual spending, report says

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/m...

The Toronto skyline is seen beyond the ice buildup at Humber Bay park as Lake Ontario's water freezes on contact as it splashes ashore ...
sounds of sirens

Georgetown, Canada

#2 Jan 17, 2014
They have to put in place some mechanism to (sadly) force gov'ts at all levels to responsibly publish their actual budgetary numbers rather then these 'creative' accounting tricks they are employing.

My partner has the business mind- she sees past these lies (really no other word to describe it) someone not so sharp, like myself,

doesn't catch on so quick to see how they fudge their numbers to make themselves look good to the unwashed masses such me.

Ford's budgetary fantasy (billion saved) was just too much.

Even I saw through that- I don't think the most dishonest accountant sitting in Penetanguishene

or some other jail couldn't have come up with the numbers Ford boldly trotted out in front of the masses.

Even the Toronto Sun showed the obvious holes in Ford's accounting 'tricks'- what a piece of work !
probably more this coming

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jan 17, 2014
will town pay 4 lost biz

Toronto, Canada

#4 Jan 25, 2014
was tricky there

Toronto, Canada

#5 Jan 25, 2014
belt up

Toronto, Canada

#6 Jan 25, 2014
MPP here waste of skin

Georgetown, Canada

#7 Jan 26, 2014
what is stable outlook

Georgetown, Canada

#8 Feb 5, 2014
scabies Oakville hospital

Georgetown, Canada

#9 Feb 10, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have a tim Horton coffee tricky 16 min YOU NEED TO GET A... 5
Local flu shot clinics set for Oct. 20, Nov. 4 (Oct '09) 35 min 56 died of the flu 5
Community Calendar, Nov. 28 to Dec. 31 39 min stories that matter 4
Kinsmen spread holiday cheer 44 min Loran scholarship 3
Hillsview Active Living Centre receives Trilliu... 47 min Knox concert aids... 8
Community Calendar, Jan. 30 to Feb. 16 51 min Sunday snowfall 5
OMERS pension just got even better Tricky hit t... (Jan '11) 2 hr bet she did 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:54 pm PST