The problem with replacing someone li...

The problem with replacing someone like Mayor Fennell

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

like tricky

Georgetown, Canada

#1 Apr 13, 2014

The problem with replacing someone like Mayor Fennell is that sometimes the devil you know may be better than the devil you don’t— flaws and all.

Maybe she just needed a wake-up call, as did the rest of the council. Has her performance really been all that bad otherwise?

And, after all, she did not get this way without others contributing. Let’s hear from all candidates so we can decide with reason more than emotion.

Are there others out there who should be encouraged to run for office?

Let’s have all candidates publish their platforms in The Brampton Guardian so that we can see what their visions are for Brampton, hopefully more than just to clean up the gravy train. I think we heard that one before somewhere!

Not that it is not very important but it takes more to get my vote and I hope yours, too. Voters deserve information so that they can make choices if candidates want their support. Who knows? There may be a real voter turnout this year.
time for more to run

Georgetown, Canada

#2 Apr 13, 2014
There has yet to be a valid choice enter the race. I will not vote for the lesser of all evils, but for a valid candidate to come forward. no one would get my vote!
will she end like church

Toronto, Canada

#3 Apr 13, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Firms issue donation challenge (Jan '13) 3 hr some donate 2 ele... 6
News Fire department's warnings not heeded Unsafe co... (Mar '07) 3 hr did he try it be4 4
News Young French learners wanted by Halton... (Nov '12) 3 hr Corrections 3
Mall a reason for Premium excitement (Apr '12) 3 hr Black Friday week 4
Accused Hamilton cancer faker charged in $200,0... 19 hr sock it to her 1
Glen Williams resident wins $100,000 playing EN... 20 hr good for her 1
Former B.C. premier rips Wynne over 'racism' co... 20 hr two dumbs 1
More from around the web