Couple born same day and married for ...

Couple born same day and married for 75 years die one day apart

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

check out time

Georgetown, Canada

#1 Jul 26, 2013

LONG BEACH, CALIF.—A Southern California husband and wife who were born on the same day and celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary last year have died just a day apart.

The couple’s son Les Brown told the Long Beach Press-Telegram on Thursday that 94-year-old Helen Brown died July 16 and 94-year-old Les Brown died July 17.

She had stomach cancer. He had Parkinson’s disease.

The Browns were born on New Year’s Eve, 1918.

Their son said his parents met in high school and eloped in 1937 at age 18 because their parents thought the marriage between a wealthy man and a working-class woman would never last.

The couple moved to Long Beach in 1963. He was a photographer, she sold real estate.

They’ll have a joint memorial service Saturday

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Where Can I Find - Local Preserves (Jun '09) 9 hr Royal Wedding gif... 4
News Ted Arnott re-elected (Jun '14) 9 hr what has he done ... 4
News Vote on bullying a black eye for MP (Dec '12) 10 hr Chamber Bullying 16
News Beer vat move is on again (Jan '11) 11 hr Cross Canada checkup 10
News A first taste of election season: Provincial ca... Sat Ontario cant Wynne 3
Weekends some Secretly access Quality Recreation (Jan '10) Sat U pay cash there 2 22
News Church invites community to Thanksgiving Dinner (Oct '08) Sat some did same here 4