brown paper bags

Hawkesbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Foreign aid is a tiny fraction of the country's budget. How much goes unnecessarily into military budgets, which ends up in some military corporation's pockets? Must be good to sit on the board of a military supplier or contractor receiving millions of tax payers money. I don't feel any safer because of it. More could be saved by cutting the budget. oh sure, many will come up with usual scare tactics saying it'll make us vulnerable and we'll be invaded. But a guy like Cherry would consider it treason to consider making cuts to military - but why should Cherry get to say where taxes are spent, but not another tax payer? Cherry & company only go after small line items like arts & culture grants, and foreign aid, which they consider leftie.
IanClunas
There's a lot of spending by the left over the years that has caught Cherry's attention and mine as well.
He does have his points to be made as well as yours----------but I like his point of view.
He don't bull sh!t no one.
flyinghigh39
Spoken like someone who has never served obviously.
As long as people/politicians want to send our boys and girls to "keep the peace" around the world they had better fork over the money to help keep them safe.
God forbid we cut some funding to arts that nobody looks at to buy some decent equipment for our troops.
You sound like a downtown twit. You should try to venture out of TO once in awhile and see how the rest of us live genius.
WhiteHartLane
Nothing, not one red cent, not one thin dime that goes into the military budget is unnecessary A week in an infantry unit or at sea would enlighten you considerably I suspect.
We all get a say how our tax dollars are spent, every time you cast a ballot. If you don't like what's happening, contact your MP, the minister responsible for the department you're ticked at, the PM. There are ways of getting your point across to the folks who decide where our tax dollars go, the tough part is doing so in a way that will convince them to listen..
beerguy1001
I agree with your comments, the sad part is that they never listen. They have their own agenda and once they are in, we are nothing to them. That is the reason many people don't vote....broken promises!!!!
WBV
Note to whomever wrote this article .( strange that no one claims to have written it ). Don Cherry is not a journalist/writer and that is precisely the reason people will listen to him .
BrianLandon
yes, its good! Someone who says it like it is! An ordinary proud Canadian not some pretentious intelligensia type who spouts their b.s. on CBC or sits in some university, living off the taxpayer and have never worked a day in their life!
flyinghigh39
If you find it strange that an "editorial" piece doesn't cite a specific writer you don't read much.
It is common practice in all news media to have an editorial piece offered up for you reading pleasure that is the product of the "editorial" board.
If you don't understand what that means....google is your friend.
BrianLandon
Cherry simply said what has been on the majority of Canadian's minds, not the screaming left who love to spend someone else' money! I' will bet not ONE left-winger has donated to the Haiti relief or any real charity in this country. they all count on real people, the non-left (who don't live off the taxpayers) to do their work for them.
IanClunas
Lefty's donate their own money??????.
There's my laugh for the night dude!!!!!!!
WhiteHartLane
A lefty would have to have their own money to donate. In my experience, any money a lefty has is other people's money.
picklesdilly
Don has expressed a concern all of us have with foreign aid. The money being spent is the tax payers money not the govt's and should be utilized supporting Canadians first
WatchinTheLeafs
But Quebec gets the most aid.
Zee Glassman
yup, In brown paper bags mostly!
beerguy1001
Oh yeah....I applied for the 30% Education Tax Rebate on Sept. 17th and I still haven't got my money back. I also know a person that applied for it last
Sandy

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Georgetown Discussions

Search the Georgetown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
comics allows use of Superman 'S' on Jeffrey B... 2 hr now they backtrack 4
Charges laid after alleged road rage incident 2 hr story seems weird 1
Shooting the messenger backfires on Winnipeg mayor 2 hr police headquarters eh 2
Driver allegedly throws steel block into family... 2 hr trafficlights take forevr 1
Acton man charged in road rage incident 2 hr trafficlights take forevr 1
Accused man 'pretty upset' after road rage inci... 2 hr traffic bad from Acton 1
Accused man - pretty upset' after allegedly lob... 3 hr traffic bad near there 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••