|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Why not name rink after Stompiní Tom?

Dear editor,
A while ago, I submitted the name of Stompiní Tom Connors to be used for the new middle school in Georgetown.
It was never choosen, perhaps for the better. Stompiní Tom and formal education would have been an uneasy association.
But it is time this community honoured a great Canadian that called Halton Hills home for many years. The town has immortalized Canadian authors Berton, Atwood, and Mowat with street names in this town despite having no connection with this community. Therefore, I am sure we can do better for Tom Connors.
Letís see what would be appropriate? Of course. We have new hockey rinks being built. No doubt the Mold-Masters name must remain. But what about the rinks, presently known as A,B,C, and D. Surely one could be named the Stompiní Tom Rink.
Perhaps a second could be named the Bob Goldham Rink. Of course the downside is that would leave just two rinks to be named after local politicians. Oh well.
To borrow badly from Stompiní Tom. It is the good old hockey game played on a Georgetown Saturday night, and my back wonít hurt when I hear that name, the Stompiní Tom Ice Rink.
Ian McKay,
joan

Hawkesbury, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

HOW ABOUT Bill smith all the things he done for town

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleaning up a culture of corruption 5 hr Torys control Bur... 2
Shelley Carrollís million dollar booze addictio... 6 hr 105 Mil Traf Rd ... 2
Lake Sewage Ontario, Poo in the pond! 6 hr 1000 acre map here 3
Mayor gets icy shower 6 hr 834 Mil replaceme... 8
Mayoral candidate calls for drug and alcohol te... 12 hr she looks like Goat 1
NDP MP quits over Mulcair's stance on Israel 12 hr Good country canada 1
Ontario Place a money pit? 13 hr lots of cash 1

Search the Georgetown Forum:
•••