Time to treat senior drivers fairly 2

Time to treat senior drivers fairly 2

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

old man

North Bay, Canada

#1 Feb 27, 2013
As I was leaving a party recently, the host turned to an older person and asked if he was OK driving.

“Oh, I don’t drive at night any more,” was the cheerful response. His wife had taken over, he explained, as he no longer felt comfortable driving after dark.

I thought how very sensible he was. I’ve noticed many senior drivers self-regulate in some way.

Some give up driving on the 400-series highways. Others don’t drive in bad weather. Still others only drive a couple of times a week to events close to home on routes they’re familiar with. Some just voluntarily quit altogether.

Conventional wisdom says that as the baby boomer demographic ages, the growing number of aging drivers on the roads will become a crisis.

Sudbury has set up a snitch line, so people can anonymously turn in bad older drivers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Halton Hills impaired driving offences summary 8 hr talk vs fixin the... 2
News Georgetown's 'Field of Dreams' project approved... 8 hr Meanwhile 2
News Report: Halton Hills teen girls among highest r... 8 hr Others hav solutions 4
News From the podium to the polls: four provincial e... 9 hr TVO 7
News Now the Saudis tool up for war (Jan '08) 20 hr war at home 41
New tea out for old ones (Aug '13) 21 hr some their own ch... 4
News Halton Hills impaired driving offences summary 23 hr other crime 2 eh 2