Halton Hills Local Government Scandle.. Not in Georgetown ?

Posted in the Georgetown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 13

Toronto, Canada

#1 Sep 20, 2013
Seems Management at the Town of Halton Hills has once again managed to sweep the actions of one of their managers and several of his close cronies under the rug yet once again. Seems that the manager of Public Works ( Infrastructure Services) has been caught using Town equipment after hours and on weeks to benifit his "on the side" construction business. But due to him having the right conections in Senior Management... has been let off the hook on this aswell as all the crap this low life has done over the years ( 30 + years).Although this was to be hush hush by Sr Mgmt ,the offender can't keep his mouth shut and has told so many ...its the worsed kept secret in the Town. He is so full of himself he likes to be in the lime light for anything I guess..( Vain I think so.. Untoughable ..looks like it )..Scary to think that this individual can walk through life ( working for the town that we pay taxes to ) with out consequences to his actions. He must have something big on someone high up to be protected from anything that he does wrong. Others have been fired or at least demoted lesser offences ... but not this guy..? What gives . HHT
Halton Hills Truth

Georgetown, Canada

#2 Sep 20, 2013
cheaper to pension them

Georgetown, Canada

#3 Sep 20, 2013
off than to fire them usually as the past has shown ...

Since: Sep 13

Toronto, Canada

#4 Sep 20, 2013
This is the problem ... Sr Management is letting him and his crew get away with this with out any form of punishment.Not to mention keeping it quiet. As far as I am concerned if it costs the tax payers we should know about it. He is with in 3-4 years of retirement.. but does not quite meet the requirments. for the 90 Factor from what I understand.. so they do nothing ...not right ???Why not at least demote him.. but no it is easier to do nothing ( as they have done with all his past offences). Maybe it will go away. I am sure that if they tell him not to do it again he won;t... Sorry I did not just fall off the turnup truck... His trail of unproffessionalism and fall out from his behavior and actions has cost the town ( in the end taxpayers) hundreds of thousands over the past 6 years.. yet they continue to cover his actions.I would suggest that we as tax payers should make this a topic for review at election time..but the problem is not with elected personal ( although I am sure some have knowledge of what goes on).. its the Management covering for Managment... Very disturbing from this tax payers view.I feel many in Sr Management have lots to hide...he knows it..best for them to pick their battles is what I predict.??? Scary to know this happens in Halton Hills a good place to live ... There modo is Halton Hills , Working together , Working for you... I did not realize this ment only for Sr Management and uppers in the Town . HHT
golden hand shakes done

Georgetown, Canada

#5 Sep 20, 2013
for some of those Sr Management people already as maybe too much dirt on others in charge might come out as well so that is why nothing has happened yet as the modo is actually working together to not let you know these types of things, & if there's anything left the public will get the crumbs, just ask the councillors & public on the committee @ the time ...
does history repeat there

Georgetown, Canada

#6 Sep 20, 2013
Saw it with my own eyes

Toronto, Canada

#7 Sep 21, 2013
Saw Him and the crew ( other town employees ) in his back yard using town equipment to prepare his inground pool installation. Our hard earned tax money hard at work ...Still waiting for the public invite ( tax payers) for the pool party !
Corrupt Local government you bet.
Noticing Neighbour
Mississauga has history

Georgetown, Canada

#8 Sep 21, 2013
similar to what you write, in your town with an employee too
Watchfull eye

Toronto, Canada

#9 Sep 23, 2013
my sister in law has reported him to the CEO of the town as well abusing more Town property in his town paid for car. He delivers his step child to and from school on town time in the car the town provides him with. This is a no no for any other town employee but he is privillaged. If he can not make it to the school he has a back up plan in that he has one of his crew pick the child up in a town truck fully marked with Town of Halton Hills logos on town time... they have turned a blid eye to this as well. Sickening.
last CAO pretty good guy

Georgetown, Canada

#10 Sep 23, 2013
don't know how new guy will handle the likes of above
A dirt bag

Toronto, Canada

#11 Sep 25, 2013
A dirt bag by any other name is still a dirt bag. The new CAO is letting the whole thing slide... as he has listened to his Sr Managment who are afraid of what The Manger of Infrastructure Services has on many in the walls of the town..They cover for one another especially The Director of Infrastructure Services. ( him and the current Manager ) They conspired to get the current Manger of Infra Services into his current postion in the first place.. prior to that the position was to be held by some one with education and letters behind their name.. but some how the director found a reason to put the current manager in ...you scratch my back deal.. typical of the organization. Deplorable
a quick search shows

Georgetown, Canada

#12 Sep 25, 2013
similar comments in the past www.thehaltonherald.ca
Lots to explain

Toronto, Canada

#13 Sep 25, 2013
The town of Halton Hills would have to explain lots if the did anything about Mr Spear . He is a decorated fireman for the town . former employee of the year in 2007. Although on the surface he appears to be all that and a picnic lunch .But all you have to do is ask any town employee that works under him that is not part of his inner circle to find out that he is an a$$h0!3 & a thief among other description adjectives ..he smoozzes the high ups at the town and craps on and rules by intimidation with anyone below him . A piece of work to say the least . Just wish some one at the town would grow a pair and deal with him .
nothing about councillors

Georgetown, Canada

#14 Sep 25, 2013
some very well paid

Toronto, Canada

#15 Sep 25, 2013
More than well paid

Toronto, Canada

#16 Sep 27, 2013
Criminal . This does not take in the perks of having free cars ,insurance ,fuel ...no one questioning what you do and if any one does ...a full roster of fellow managers to cover up any messes left behind . The maddening part is Mr Spear feels entitled to do what ever he wants . Too bad his position was not a elected one he would have been out on his a$$ long ago ... the new CAO Mr Smith ,should take an aggressive approach towards this problem ... Hopefully he has not been tainted by his management already
Explanation please

Toronto, Canada

#17 Sep 30, 2013
Can anyone tell me why this is allowed to go on? Corruption on any level is a terrible situation . Finding out that officials at the Town of Halton Hills are letting this person away with this is unbelievable . I believe this should be an election issue in the not so distant future. I wonder if Mayor Bonnet is aware or is he like the others in management and hoping this just goes away . Word on the street is that the union employees are being told to not be tattle tails if the see any wrong doings by the individual in question ... Guess the union is involved in the cover up as well ... When will this insanity stop.
The Unexplainable
Gtown south has no union

Georgetown, Canada

#18 Sep 30, 2013
no debates were held down there the last time or two or three either if ever

seems to have never been reported about that public building down there either ???

as some here appear to write about lack of oversight

http://www.topix.com/forum/ca/halton-hills-on...
be careful with some word

Georgetown, Canada

#19 Sep 30, 2013
a local fellow got himself in kinda big trouble when tax dollars were used to attack him

http://www.noplaceforcorruption.com/

others in the community helped him for free to get out of trouble

the billable hours would have been just under a million or so

damages were never bothered about yet ...
usa further to above

Georgetown, Canada

#20 Oct 1, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ward 2 candidates debate rural, hamlet issues 8 hr no debates listed... 5
Mayoralty candidates face off in one-on-one debate 9 hr Tricky know but N... 4
Mike O'Leary - Biography 9 hr is that him 6
Town to spend $1M over four years to keep 86-ye... (Aug '08) 9 hr Btown converted 2... 6
Could non-conventional arena solve ice... (Mar '10) 9 hr Acton looks like ... 5
Arena group calls visit to Alberta rink... (May '10) 9 hr they coulda drove... 3
Arena task force to hold public meetings in Jan... (Dec '08) 9 hr Acton got 2 plus ... 5

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE