Judge scolds 'flabby, sad generation'...

Judge scolds 'flabby, sad generation' for skipping jury duty

There are 4 comments on the CBC News story from May 22, 2013, titled Judge scolds 'flabby, sad generation' for skipping jury duty. In it, CBC News reports that:

The chief justice of the Nova Scotia Supreme Court is demanding to know why 95 people, or 40 per cent of prospective jurors, were not in court Tuesday for the start of a five-day trial.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

NWO

North Bay, Canada

#1 May 22, 2013

Its Hellywood

“I'm better than you”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#2 May 22, 2013
Yes, most white people are flabby and sad. What's new?

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#3 May 22, 2013
Its Hellywood wrote:
Yes, most white people are flabby and sad. What's new?
Nova Scotia has the highest ratio of Black people/total population, or did they not teach you that while you earned your supposed PhD in Poli Sci and your laughable undergraduate studies in the Liberal Arts?
You'll notice at no point did the judge signify ethnicities.
Your racist drollery is just another example of your obsession with hating half of your heritage. You are defintely a prime example of a racist with serious mental and/or emotional issues.

You can't even post in a thread that has NOTHING to do with race, ethnicity or any of that other shit, without making it a race issue. Yet you yammer on in the African-American forums about how "you don't understand racist whites who obsess about this stuff".
In fact, I'm sure your avatar pic is EXACTLY how you see yourself and your White, Irish mother.
Hey speaking of your mom, did you know that the Irish are a Celtic people? You know, those same Celts that you derided for engaging in cannibalism in ancient Briton? Doesn't it just piss you right off that you're genetically related to those people? LOL
jury duty doesnt work

Toronto, Canada

#4 May 22, 2013
This judge is in a comfortable position to wax eloquent about jury duty. He won't be called away from his own important job to serve jury duty in another judge's courtroom. Even if I'm wrong about that and there were some small chance that he could be forced away from his day job, his employer wouldn't fire or otherwise penalize him for serving jury duty.

And to those who say "that's illegal!" I respond, "So what?" Employers will still find a way to do it. It's too easy to invent an excuse and then claim the firing was completely unrelated to jury duty. And for those who are self-employed, there aren't even token laws preventing clients from reacting negatively to a supplier / service-provider being delayed due to jury duty.

This judge clearly thinks jury duty is for those peons who don't have important jobs like himself. And he clearly has no idea about the lives of those who don't have cushy jobs where he's basically an elitist welfare-bum, taking tax-payer's money to give boring and stupid lectures and speeches.

I notice the article mentioned Justice Glen McDougall summoning 9 people to "explain themselves" about not participating in jury duty. But only one person was fined? Why? Could it possibly be that the other 8 were justified in not participating? So then why is this self-important chief justice characterizing all those who don't participate in jury duty as evading it to spend time on Facebook and watching Judge Judy?

Maybe these judges should save their self-righteous bloviations for their fellow judges who let violent offenders, sex offenders, and young offenders off far too easy, instead of ranting about those who actually have to work for a living.

I'm guessing that some of those people who have real jobs, as opposed to this pathetic welfare bum judge, are far less flabby than him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Regional Municipality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arrest warrant issued for Roman Catholic bishop... (Oct '09) Jul 19 one who knows you... 18
News Dartmouth pedophile Roger Edouard Mercier, 39,t... (Feb '08) Jul 18 harsher punishment 26
News Woman says she was made to feel 'like a liar' o... Jul 8 Ripost Repost Req... 8
News Solar company leaves trail of unhappy customers... Jun 25 Dying Smoker 2
News Honouring the dead, long-lived May '16 Day 1
News Asthma Overdiagnosed in Canadian Adults May '16 Bugs Bunyak - Uke... 1
News Accused sex offender Jeremy Daniel Oakley, alle... (Oct '08) May '16 Fifi 93
More from around the web