Ex-military man who says he was victim of racism pushes for answers

Jan 14, 2014 Full story: The Chronicle Herald

Wally Fowler said Monday in Timberlea that his push for an inquiry into racist treatment he says he experienced in the air force dismissed.

Full Story
Bad Badder Baddest

Europe

#1 Jan 14, 2014
I was told by some military and civilian federal civil service people who work or had worked at CFB Esquimalt navy base in Victoria BC Canada or CFB Trenton Ontario, that there are some bad ones. They use dirty tricks, the old boys network, corruption and nepotism to favour their own clique and bully, harass those they believe to be unworthy or beneath them for various reasons. They use all kinds of tactics to pressure and drive you to ask for transfers out of their units or quit the job. I'm not surprised about allegations of bullying, persecution, racism, or other harassment. The upper management will cover things up with collusion from other agencies when they make up a secret political deal or understanding behind the scenes. Not everyone is corrupt and bad, but there are enough of them to ruin things. They will only take serious action if you manage to publicly expose the dirt and cause a political meltdown to get everyone smeared through various media.
Its Ridiculous

Victoria, Canada

#3 Jan 20, 2014
Bad Badder Baddest wrote:
I was told by some military and civilian federal civil service people who work or had worked at CFB Esquimalt navy base in Victoria BC Canada or CFB Trenton Ontario, that there are some bad ones. They use dirty tricks, the old boys network, corruption and nepotism to favour their own clique and bully, harass those they believe to be unworthy or beneath them for various reasons. They use all kinds of tactics to pressure and drive you to ask for transfers out of their units or quit the job. I'm not surprised about allegations of bullying, persecution, racism, or other harassment. The upper management will cover things up with collusion from other agencies when they make up a secret political deal or understanding behind the scenes. Not everyone is corrupt and bad, but there are enough of them to ruin things. They will only take serious action if you manage to publicly expose the dirt and cause a political meltdown to get everyone smeared through various media.
I am not surprised about all these allegations of racism, bullying, and persecution in the work place. The place and the region has a very uptight, exclusive, limiting culture in almost all things. There are Greater Victoria exposed and unexposed back room deals, secrecy, corruption, and nepotism all over. They do it behind closed doors, under the table, and they will deny everything if you try to point out all their sins. You have no evidence of collusion unless you can somehow record thoughts inside their heads and then show it to others. It is you word against theirs with nothing to convince 3rd parties.
up and down

Victoria, Canada

#4 Jan 22, 2014
Its Ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not surprised about all these allegations of racism, bullying, and persecution in the work place. The place and the region has a very uptight, exclusive, limiting culture in almost all things. There are Greater Victoria exposed and unexposed back room deals, secrecy, corruption, and nepotism all over. They do it behind closed doors, under the table, and they will deny everything if you try to point out all their sins. You have no evidence of collusion unless you can somehow record thoughts inside their heads and then show it to others. It is you word against theirs with nothing to convince 3rd parties.
This is why the smart job applicants will do research on potential employers' reputation and labour conditions before applying or accepting jobs. You only have yourself to blame if you allow poor desperation to cloud your better judgement. Don't ignore insider information. Look up employers on www.ratemyemployer.ca in Canada.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Regional Municipality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canada's involvement in WWI began with a telegr... Sep 9 Unknown 3
Andre Noel Denny back in court for 2nd-degree m... Sep 3 Ted Haggard s Mas... 6
Canada's Immunovaccine Inc says test of Ebola v... Aug 26 Karen 1
Halifax police called to abortion protest Aug '14 Anonymous 1
Underwater gliders could solve ecological myste... Aug '14 Tanner 2
140729205754-pkg-moos-hitchhiking-robot-0000230... Aug '14 Injured cyclist 1
Gaining perspective: Unique history lessons at ... Jul '14 corpses in cargo ... 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Halifax Regional Municipality People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••