Dartmouth man John Patrick Neve facin...

Dartmouth man John Patrick Neve facing charges of sexual assault, threats, assault with a weapon

There are 14 comments on the thechronicleherald.ca story from Aug 6, 2008, titled Dartmouth man John Patrick Neve facing charges of sexual assault, threats, assault with a weapon. In it, thechronicleherald.ca reports that:

Canadian Crime News, Atlantic: Sex Offences/Offenders

A preliminary inquiry date, Nov. 27 , has been set for a 43-year-old Dartmouth man charged with four sexual assaults involving two women.

John Patrick Neve, of Alderney Drive, faces three counts of sexual assault, four counts of assault and one count each of uttering a death threat and assault with a weapon: a bat.

Those charges, all involving one woman, allegedly occurred Aug. 1, 2006, to Oct. 17, 2007, in Dartmouth.

As well, Mr. Neve is charged with procuring the same woman to become a prostitute and living partly off the avails of prostitution between July 17, 2007, and Aug. 31, 2007.

And in a second case, Mr. Neve is charged with sexually assaulting another woman on May 18 of this year.

He will remain in custody until then.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thechronicleherald.ca.

OHMYGOD

Dartmouth, Canada

#1 Aug 15, 2008
OH MY!!
MY friend used to date him. Ew he was always so creepy and he liked to date girls 20+ year younger.
He is a creep and a rapist. YOu will get yours.
MAM

Windsor, Canada

#2 Aug 14, 2009
You are absolutely right and I believe when he gets out of prison he WILL kill his next victim. He is a Paul Bernardo in the making.
what-a-goof

Halifax, Canada

#3 Sep 30, 2009
that my dad he a f****n goof i wanna ki** him what a b***h i seen him a few day be he done that $#!T
Mhmm

Ripley, Canada

#4 Mar 5, 2010
Yeah I was one of his victums and nothing was done about it, because they had no envidence so I hope he dies I slow and painful death in a hole by himself, because he will never love or be loved by anyone!! And who ever does deside to love him or think they love him can go die as well!!!!!!
Jack

Sydney, Canada

#5 Sep 22, 2010
This jerk sounds like a real winner !! Lock him up and throw away the damn key!!!!!
theone

Halifax, Canada

#7 Oct 11, 2010
this comment goes to Mhmm...i was the woman in this story and i'm sorry but a part of me did love him before i found out who this man really was and what he was capable of, and i won't be the last one that will fall for him, he has a way about him that makes a girl feel the way they are supposed to feel, so am i to die?? I faced my fear and put him where he needed to be, and most would not be able to. I have to say I am a very strong and determined woman now to make sure that this does not happen again, I have completely turned my life around and I am starting to be happy again.
Sorry that you were one of his victims but what does you hating the world prove? I was there in your shoes hating everybody and everything but realized I was not going anywheres and I took my power back that he had over me.

Anyways I'm not going to ramble, but I hope peace finds you as it has found me.
MAM

Sydney Mines, Canada

#8 Oct 11, 2010
To The One:

You are one of the bravest people I know and yes, you are definitely stronger now. It is not a shame to love someone and you have nothing to be ashamed about. This evil took control of you and molded you to what he wanted. I too, believe in Karma and what goes around comes around. Hold your head up high pretty girl and feel the love around you.

For those out there reading this, please remember that EVIL does walk the earth.
A Concerned Friend

Saint John, Canada

#9 Jan 29, 2012
My friend was one of his latest victims. He was on parole in our city, and she met him through one of her ex boyfriends... In the beginning he seemed so nice and caring... Then he started to show signs of being a control freak and... this just completely sickens me but he is a pedophile... Luckily for my friend and her 2 children she put a stop to him before any of them were physically harmed in any form!!! He is now back behind bars serving the rest of his sentence!!!
a man in fear

Canada

#10 Jan 29, 2012
Hey guys I am scared I spent two hours with him alone and he seemed liken great guy then he tried to touch me and at first I liked it but then he brought out the bat again I was excited but then It started to hurt....I asked him to stop and he said no.. I live in fear everyday thank the lord above that he is back in prison the streets are safe for now.
the one

Dartmouth, Canada

#11 Jan 30, 2012
This is for the last two posts that have just been submitted. I am the one that has put John behind bars a couple of years ago. I was terrified when I had to testify against John in regards to what he has done. I hope you (a man in fear) find strength to go on with your life knowing that he cannot and will not hurt you again. Stand up to the coward and he will back down, he prays on people like us knowing that we will fear him. The day I looked in his face at the courtroom he could and would not even look back in mine. He was scared of me!! The power that I felt that day has kept me going and I have learned to love again and know what real love feels like.
To a concerned friend, I am hopeful that your friend who has been with and knows what John is like will not live in fear. I am glad that her and her kids got away when they did. He is locked up but he deserves to be 6' under. He will hurt again but with new victims because prior victims already know what he is like.
I pray for all of you and may God give you strength in fighting against this monster. All my love and strength is with you all!!!

the one
A Concerned Friend

Hampton, Canada

#12 Jan 30, 2012
It should be made that they inform residence in any city when there is a monster like this loose!!! But no they say it is an invasion of their privacy and rights... What about the safety of the residence and their children??!!
To The One: My friend and I admire your strength, my friend still jumps every time her phone rings. I was wondering if you have any other advice that could help her and her children get through this?

Thank you,
A Concerned Friend
The One

Halifax, Canada

#13 Feb 2, 2012
Concerned Friend: After my ordeal with this monster I was "seeing" him everywhere when in fact I was not. It is a scary thing to have to go through but your friend and her children have survived and that is the best thing for them. Unfortunately I know this man and what he is capable of and if she stands her ground for her children's sake and her own he will not come back. He could have found me after I had him arrested because he knew where I worked and knew where I was staying and yet he did not because he knew that he could not do the same things as before. The thing with John is that people like him find new victims to hurt not the same ones because they already know what a monster he is.
I honestly tried to get counseling but I could not sit there and go on and on of what had happened to me, your friend may be different because she has kids but I got through with my own strength and fought back. She needs to realize that people like John are nothing but a bully and a coward and if you stand up to a bully they back down.
I also do agree with you in letting the public know when someone like him is out, but he is on the sex offenders list and because he is a pedophile he should also be on that list as well. Screw his rights and safety, he lost that the minute he lost his conscience and his will to be a good person. Even though I thought he ruined my life, he actually made me stronger as a person and to this day I do not let anybody walk all over me. I know this is going to sound weird or you and your friend may not understand but I forgive him for what he has done to me. Don't get me wrong I HATE HIM with all my being but if you go on hating someone than that hate consumes you as a person and you will still be miserable. I decided that when I left John I would not let him control me a moment longer and I have not. I am loving life and the person I am with now is an amazing man and I do as I please because he does not scare me anymore. Your friend will feel this way as time goes on. Just let her know that she is not the only one and there are people here to back her up when she does not think she has the strength in her to fight.
Any posts that you make to this thread will go to my inbox so please let me know how your friend and her children are getting along.
Take care to all of you xoxo
The One
ABC

Hampton, Canada

#14 Feb 9, 2012
I was the latest victim that A Concerned Friend was talking about.

To The One, thank you so much for your kind words, they mean so much. My children are doing great, I on the other hand am getting there. There is some more that I would like to talk to you about, but I would prefer to do it by email where it is private than on here, my email is [email protected]

To A Man in Fear, if you would like to also email me I would like to hear more of your story, the monster had told me some stories that were I believe changed around to protect himself... I hope we can talk and help each other through everything.

Thank you both,
ABC
chickencrap

Hamilton, Canada

#15 Jul 23, 2014
To The One
I know exactly what you went through, its been 11 years since i ran away, i envy your courage and strength. I lost everything because of him, He still haunts me in my sleep almost everynight, i fear him still to the point of having to hide in closets when i hear any noise in my house when no one is home. Anyway...i really just wanted to thank YOU for giving me some time of feeling safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Regional Municipality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Solar company leaves trail of unhappy customers... Jun 25 Dying Smoker 2
News Honouring the dead, long-lived May 31 Day 1
News Asthma Overdiagnosed in Canadian Adults May '16 Bugs Bunyak - Uke... 1
News Accused sex offender Jeremy Daniel Oakley, alle... (Oct '08) May '16 Fifi 93
News This handout photograph obtained courtesy of th... May '16 Bruce 1
News Residents evacuated as fires threaten Canada oi... May '16 was it Jooish lig... 2
News Atlantic Canadians watching Fort McMurray wildf... May '16 was it Jooish lig... 1
More from around the web