Police confront mob in New Waterford

Police confront mob in New Waterford

There are 48 comments on the CBC News story from Sep 19, 2006, titled Police confront mob in New Waterford. In it, CBC News reports that:

Two people in New Waterford face charges after an angry mob visited homes of people they believed were involved in a death that investigators say didn't involve foul play.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fed up caper

New Waterford, Canada

#44 Oct 9, 2009
It seems to me that we here in Cape Breton have an awful history of a very shoddy and corrupt police force dating back years.From unsolved deaths/disappearances{Clayton Miller,June Hibbs,Lloyd Young,Brett MacKinnon}just to name a few.It is about time we stand as one and demand justice for the cover-ups from the few in charge.Justice for the missing/deceased.

Brandon, Canada

#45 Oct 9, 2009
That is a threat.

People who make threats are also likely to be untruthful. For anyone who has been following this it shifts the support to the other side.

Miller wrote:
Sick Of should be very careful his identity does not come out to the public. If it does I will see to it that you are factually sick for the rest of your useless,cowardly,brown-nosing, corrupt pig loving piece of sh!t life. P.S F.T.P

Sydney, Canada

#46 Mar 11, 2012
Bumping an old thread, would like to hear any recent news?

Glace Bay, Canada

#47 Oct 3, 2012
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
constable trevor whitewood and constable kyle dicks are really nice guys and they were not around when this happend
They are never around! The cops are always blaming it in something else. I'd say they are in on iit too!

Baltimore, MD

#48 Jun 24, 2013
Sad to see that your all still the same old ignorant country bumpkins I grew up with.

Alliston, Canada

#49 Sep 28, 2014
Was Harry Corbett found hanging from a yellow nylon rope. With his ass sitting or tough a stump

Not a shoe lace

Woodstock, Canada

#50 Sep 30, 2014
tigerwilly wrote:
Was Harry Corbett found hanging from a yellow nylon rope. With his ass sitting or tough a stump
Not a shoe lace
you guys r guckin asses i grew up with harry n belive he was on the right path but i dont know the facts . i dont belive he alone did this as i talked to him only a few days on the phone at my buddies n he was in great spirts i hope he s ok n at peace now i miss playin abll u wit bro. and as for clayton anyone from newwaterford KNOWS all the cops were transfered after this so called accident . n i hope the miller family gets there justice
Mary Lee

Glace Bay, Canada

#51 Oct 17, 2014
I read the thread and all I can say is grief is difficult no matter how your loved one dies. In both these cases I read, there is no just cause to disbelief the impossible notion that there was foul play as there is no just cause to believe the cause of death in both cases. "Sick of" you have me wondering if you are pointing the finger in the direction of denial. Let's say what you say is true, then all the more reason that one child dies without a proper investigation as what I find most disturbing in Cape Breton this end, is the judgements, the abuse, the name calling, the discrimination and the unequal power between those with government snob jobs and those with real problems. As for drinking in this town....I fear driving after 5 pm for fear of being hit by a drunk driver that is coming from a respectable place of employment earning government pay that decreases the amount of social assistance to those who can't get a decent job with credentials 10 times better. I believe that most government paid positions have more than 80% of heavy drinkers. As for mental illness...ass hole....lose a child in your life mysteriously with little to no investigation and see if you can remain composed 24/7. You are fortunate to know the Millers at their worse because you will never understand them at their best. 24 years of their best to their son is 100% better than your abusive and arrogant remarks. So sorry about your denial system "sick of". Hope you wake up some day and realize your hate is what caused these two murders to happen in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Regional Municipality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trout Point Lodge to charge up Teslas (Mar '15) Sep 23 Randal 2
News Charles likens Putin to Hitler (May '14) Sep 21 bluestreak returns 3
News Pet Corner: Earl Grey launches another campaign Sep 11 kscafe 1
News Migrant crisis: a primer for Canadians who want... Sep 10 The Harpo Agenda ... 3
News From serious to schmaltzy, vote for Canada's 15... Sep '15 Canuck Space Program 1
News Continuing education on opioid prescribing shou... Aug '15 Likes Mashed Pota... 1
News Friends-w-Benefits as Sexually Satisfied as Mar... Aug '15 Daniel1211 3
More from around the web