Halifax crime family’s son,Terry Marr...

Halifax crime family’s son,Terry Marriott Jr., shot to death

There are 38 comments on the thechronicleherald.ca story from Feb 21, 2009, titled Halifax crime family’s son,Terry Marriott Jr., shot to death. In it, thechronicleherald.ca reports that:

Canadian Crime News, OMG's, Gangs & Organized Crime

The Chronicle Herald, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Halifax Regional Police are investigating the death of a member of a high-profile crime family that’s been linked to a recent crime wave across the city.

Sources say Terry Marriott Jr. was shot to death in a Harrietsfield bungalow late Friday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thechronicleherald.ca.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Canadian Crime News”

Since: Dec 07

Moncton

#1 Feb 21, 2009
The Story behind the Story....

Melvins vs. Marriotts: A tale of two crime families

http://www.topix.com/ca/moncton-area-nb/2008/...
Del

Bedford, Canada

#2 Feb 22, 2009
Thats not the story behind this one so maybe you shouldnt say it is.
RIP ya boy :) Hope your in a better place.
Mike

Canada

#3 Feb 22, 2009
One less jerkiff to worry about
todd

Canada

#4 Feb 23, 2009
Mike wrote:
One less jerkiff to worry about
maybe if you knew him then you might have different opinion.
love how ppl stereo type ppl without knowing jack s%$t
amarr

Halifax, Canada

#5 Feb 23, 2009
rip terry , you were a good man
rest in peace and power
Whatever

New Glasgow, Canada

#6 Feb 23, 2009
Those two families have caused enough problems in Halifax. And for what? To see who's the bigger man? It's completely ridiculous. I feel bad for this family (mainly his children) and no one deserves to be killed like that. It's all for nothing. These people all need to grow up, and get a life that's worth something because selling drugs and shooting each other does not make you a big person. It's just a stupid, pointless way to live.
Del

Bedford, Canada

#7 Feb 24, 2009
Some people have no respect.

Terry was a good guy & a great friend, He didnt deserve to be taken like this, If you people knew Terry personally you would know the pain everyone is going thro right now, How bout showing some respect for the dead, If this website showed your real name & real address half you guys wouldnt think to open your mouth.
This world is a cold one. For people out there that are saying shit, Think how you would feel if your father, husband, or Good friends name was in the spot Terrys name is.

RIP Ya boy :) Hope your in a better place.
We have great memories together, Ill never forget you Terry, You where there for me when I needed a friend & It will never be forgotten.
terry little girl

Halifax, Canada

#8 Mar 26, 2009
these familys are causing trouble ?
im pretty sure my dad was trying to get out of this life just no budy could get that though your head , hes been trying to be a perfect dad , but looks like her cant do that now , that some FUCKHEAD , did what they did .
gotta a problem hallla ?
rip dad .
no crime now

Canada

#9 Apr 3, 2009
He may have been trying to change but the fact is he was a criminal doing illegal things, and involved with other criminals. He took the wrong path in life and that is why he was killed.
jimmy

Gatineau, Canada

#10 Apr 10, 2009
terry was trying to change, its hard when you grow up in the lifestyle that he grew up in.but he was a grteat dad,some people have to play with what they ve been dealt its sad but true.So for all you people who are out there mouthing about crime this and bad that ,go back into your little house with your white picked fense and SHUT UP cause you think you know but you really dont know the half of it !rip terry and wayne my lil sis will love you 4 ever bro sorry i did not get to meet u im sure we will one day much respect
God in Heaven

Ottawa, Canada

#11 Apr 10, 2009
jimmy wrote:
sorry i did not get to meet u im sure we will one day
Be sure to dress for a warm climate..it's gonna be hot...hot as Hell...so to speak.
Zippy

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Apr 19, 2009
You are darn right and you are trying to defend the biggest offenders, the least respectful.

Let's just talk about what drug dealing does to a community for a minute.
People get into drugs often because they already have problems that they can't deal with, are too immature to recognize that there might be consequences, think that it will be a one time thing.Selling to these people is a form of opportunism.They are taking advantage of the purchasers needs and hope he/she will want more. Because of the nature of the drugs after a short period they will want more.
Dealers can be selling to a sixteen year old thinking "he's old enough" not taking into consideration that he is re-selling to 11 and 12 years olds, making a few bucks and returning for his own purchase. He has money and drugs then.It is from one bloodsucker to the next.
Many families have stood over the graves of sons and daughters who overdosed by accident. There isn't a memorial in the centre of town that says, Here lies Fred, he bought their drugs and now he's dead.
Collateral damage, people do break and enters to pay for drugs, they do robberies, commit fraud, get involved in prostitution to pay for drugs, obtain guns to protect themselves from dealers who are collecting, shoot other people with the gun because drugs have affected their ability to make sound judgment.
They lie to their families and their relationships are always fractured, They come to hate themselves and then think everyone hates them.
Don't tell me if they didn't sell drugs someone else would. Well, if it was the child of that family the reaction would be the same.
This, this is the legacy of the crime families. Do we have to talk about the other forms of crime or do you get it.I hope that you can bury your friend in peace but don't expect too much from others.
Del wrote:
Some people have no respect.
Terry was a good guy & a great friend, He didnt deserve to be taken like this, If you people knew Terry personally you would know the pain everyone is going thro right now, How bout showing some respect for the dead, If this website showed your real name & real address half you guys wouldnt think to open your mouth.
This world is a cold one. For people out there that are saying shit, Think how you would feel if your father, husband, or Good friends name was in the spot Terrys name is.
RIP Ya boy :) Hope your in a better place.
We have great memories together, Ill never forget you Terry, You where there for me when I needed a friend & It will never be forgotten.
Horseman

Ottawa, Canada

#13 Apr 20, 2009
Well said Zippy...

You tell it like it is....
jimmy

Gatineau, Canada

#14 Apr 28, 2009
God in Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure to dress for a warm climate..it's gonna be hot...hot as Hell...so to speak.
actually im a christian and if you were you would know all about forgivness jesus never came for the found he came for the lost i will see the boys in heaven and hope to see you as well
God in Heaven

Ottawa, Canada

#15 Apr 28, 2009
jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
i will see the boys in heaven
Ha...are you EVER in for a surprise....lol
Lily

Winnipeg, Canada

#16 May 19, 2009
If anyone cares about his daughter who appears to have entered a thread - do her a favour and ask her to not use the F word. If her father was trying to change someone should teach her respect on his behalf.
jimmy wrote:
terry was trying to change, its hard when you grow up in the lifestyle that he grew up in.but he was a grteat dad,some people have to play with what they ve been dealt its sad but true.So for all you people who are out there mouthing about crime this and bad that ,go back into your little house with your white picked fense and SHUT UP cause you think you know but you really dont know the half of it !rip terry and wayne my lil sis will love you 4 ever bro sorry i did not get to meet u im sure we will one day much respect
mind your buisness

Halifax, Canada

#17 May 23, 2009
This is a pathetic site and you all are who`s judge & jury?If his daughter wants to use the F -word,so be it..She is a angry little girl who`s life has just been torn to pieces..She did not ask to live this life.What the hell is wrong wth you haters..Please shut your F---ing faces,we are not perfect.What you don`t know?Nothing about what this entire family and friends are going through and when we come on here and read this shit about hell..Perhaps you should keep your threads to yourself..What is your real name?GOD IN HEAVEN.."Only god can judge Terry now"
If there is a heaven be sure he is there!!
I do not do drugs but it did not stop me from loving Terry any less because he did..Respect the dead,if not his children,you get on here and go on about his daughter using the F word..But yet your saying he is in hell..Hope your life is perfect and boring!!One day I hope you feel the pain this family is feeling..Last time I checked the bible it says God forgives all.YOU GO TO HELL!!
Lily

Winnipeg, Canada

#18 May 24, 2009
Just because you are angry and hurt does not mean that you cannot help this child. Never mind that she is angry and hurt - of course she is. She doesn't have her father. If you worded that right you might be showing her that she can do something for her father who was 'trying' to change his life. It could be her gift to him. You say, " sweetheart there are a lot of ways to tell the world how much you loved your father. He was in the midst of trying to change when he passed away. You could make a change that he might have liked in his memory. You could not use bad language because it is something that people say we learn from our parents.If you are always a well spoken girl people will believe that this was something your dad brought to your life. His death may have brought it but it will be because of him none the less.It will always be your way of remembering him as well. It isn't easy but you could keep trying until you got it right.

That would be an act of respect to both of them. It doesn't really sound as if you are interested in any change though. Are you someone from his bad days? Doesn't sound like you were one of the ones helping him to make difficult changes.

People would come to know his daughter as a pleasant child and say" well I guess he had some good in him"

I never said a single thing about the father going to Hell. It is all in writing go back and look. I don't even believe in Hell.

If you choose to go on forum you get what you get.
mind your buisness wrote:
This is a pathetic site and you all are who`s judge & jury?If his daughter wants to use the F -word,so be it..She is a angry little girl who`s life has just been torn to pieces..She did not ask to live this life.What the hell is wrong wth you haters..Please shut your F---ing faces,we are not perfect.What you don`t know?Nothing about what this entire family and friends are going through and when we come on here and read this shit about hell..Perhaps you should keep your threads to yourself..What is your real name?GOD IN HEAVEN.."Only god can judge Terry now"
If there is a heaven be sure he is there!!
I do not do drugs but it did not stop me from loving Terry any less because he did..Respect the dead,if not his children,you get on here and go on about his daughter using the F word..But yet your saying he is in hell..Hope your life is perfect and boring!!One day I hope you feel the pain this family is feeling..Last time I checked the bible it says God forgives all.YOU GO TO HELL!!
Lily

Winnipeg, Canada

#19 May 24, 2009
I am very sorry that you lost your father. It is so nice to see that you can see how hard he was trying to make his life better.

It is very important to keep loving him. I also hope that you will live in a way that make him proud. Maybe because he never had the time to get it perfect, as you said, you should try to do things the way he would have if he had lived.

Try not to get into the hate game because it is probably a place he walked in for a long time and it leads to drugs and things. Just hold your head up high, you don't owe anyone anything.
terry little girl wrote:
these familys are causing trouble ?
im pretty sure my dad was trying to get out of this life just no budy could get that though your head , hes been trying to be a perfect dad , but looks like her cant do that now , that some FUCKHEAD , did what they did .
gotta a problem hallla ?
rip dad .
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#20 May 28, 2009
WELL PUT Lily....GOD Bless...Onward.....yada u....eh..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Regional Municipality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For Canadians in queue for long-term care spots... Wed doug 2
News Halifax man Peter James Dominix facing Child Po... (Oct '09) Nov 4 Rai 43
News Purcells Cove Road cell tower creates concern Oct 23 FROGMAN 1
News The hidden risks of opening up trade with China Oct '17 Go Back to the Sk... 3
News The next battleground in Canada's euthanasia de... Sep '17 Pot 1
News Police confront mob in New Waterford (Sep '06) Aug '17 Long time friend 49
News Canada Charges Man With Attempted Murder After ... Aug '17 zzz 2
More from around the web