RCMP charge owners of two pit bulls t...

RCMP charge owners of two pit bulls that killed 40 chickens in N.S. backyard

There are 2 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Aug 24, 2007, titled RCMP charge owners of two pit bulls that killed 40 chickens in N.S. backyard. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - RCMP have charged the owner of two pit bull dogs that got loose and killed 37 chickens at a Cole Harbour, N.S., hobby farm last week.

The charge falls under a municipal bylaw regarding dogs running at large. One was shot when it showed aggression toward responding officers. The Mounties say they worked closely with Animal control in considering an appropriate charge.

Last week's incident left neighbours worried about the dogs which were relinquished by the owners and put down. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

Andrea MacLean

Scotsburn, Canada

#1 Sep 26, 2007
I think it is wrong to ban the entire breed of pitbulls just because some people that own them are carless and let them run at large and don't raise them properly. I myself have a pitbull, he is a joy to have, he has never even so much as growled at anyone and he is great with kids, so why should it be taken out on the breed and the owners that actually have good pitbulls by banning them just because some people shouldn't have them and don't know how to take care of them, is it really fair?
Ban Them

Stephenville, Canada

#2 Oct 30, 2011
To the above poster you are an idiot. Perhaps when one of your surley, pitbulls wraps it's jaws around one of your kid's faces you will see the light.

Mother instinct should tell you NOT to allow pitbulls around your children. They are a dangerous breed. Their brains do not function properly and they are unpredictable.

My friend got rid of his pitbull the moment it started showing it's teeth to their newborn infant.
That dog was treated like a family member prior to the new baby coming home.

Wise up before one of your children pay a heavy price. You are not very bright to allow this breed of a dog around your children.

What is more important Your STUPID pitbulls or your children? You are putting your kids at RISK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Regional Municipality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canadian Hurricane Centre predicting active sea... 9 hr uk-criticizes-us-... 2
News Soldier who died while training was in vehicle ... Apr 26 Smokey 1
News Jason Gillis of Mineville NS gets 10 years for ... (Jul '08) Apr '17 Sister 10
News Three train trips to celebrate Canada's Confede... Apr '17 Clark Cant 1
News Maritime music (Apr '10) Apr '17 Theft at Scotiabank 3
News New regulations put future of drone business up... Mar '17 Kim 1
News Ontario lawyer caught in N.S. drug sting with C... Mar '17 TakeBackYourPower 1
More from around the web