Nova Scotia's Liberal government to b...

Nova Scotia's Liberal government to ban conversion therapy for LGBTQ youth

There are 16 comments on the Truro Daily News story from Sep 12, 2018, titled Nova Scotia's Liberal government to ban conversion therapy for LGBTQ youth. In it, Truro Daily News reports that:

The bill to ban conversion therapy - which attempts to change people's sexual orientation - outlaws people "in positions of trust or authority" from attempting the practice for youth under 16. The prohibition would also apply to young people under 19 if they are not "capable of consenting to the services," according to the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Protection Act introduced on Tuesday. In addition, the bill prohibits health professions from offering the therapy to youth, and says groups or individuals who provide and advocate for it won't be eligible for government funding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truro Daily News.

Mitt s Airtight Dog Crate

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Sep 12, 2018
Uh oh, homophobic "religious" types, you could easily argue, are not in positions of trust over those falling under the age limits. More like positions of psychological abuse.
The Wheeze of Trump

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Sep 13, 2018
Meaning there could be a flaw in the wording of the ban....
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 25, 2018
Applause for Nova Scotia!
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Sep 25, 2018
I don't see why turning straight should be banned while turning gay is encouraged.
Daniel

Ann Arbor, MI

#5 Sep 25, 2018
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I don't see why turning straight should be banned while turning gay is encouraged.
Exactly! They ban conversion therapy for LGBTQ youth while at the same time force little straight kids to read books like "My Two Daddies" and "My Other Daddy Is My Mommy" and "My Mommy Is My Daddy" and to join Gay-Straight Alliance clubs and go to gay pride parades, etc.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Sep 25, 2018
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
straight kids to read books like "My Two Daddies"
No one except for you thinks materials designed to foster understanding of lgbt issue or different families will make str8 kids turn gay. This is just another example of your homosexual conflicts.
Daniel

Ann Arbor, MI

#7 Sep 25, 2018
Christsharians on the DL wrote:
<quoted text>

materials designed to foster understanding of lgbt
'"foster understanding" = Force down their throats

YOU WILL UNDERSTAND OR ELSE!!! YOU WILL ACCEPT OR ELSE!!! YOU WILL UNDERSTAND OR ELSE!!! YOU WILL ACCEPT OR ELSE!!! YOU WILL UNDERSTAND OR ELSE!!! YOU WILL ACCEPT OR ELSE!!!
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Sep 25, 2018
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
'"foster understanding" = Force down their throats
But your homosexually aggrieved complaint was framed in the context of reparative therapy being banned (in precious few places.) You are invoking "sexual orientation change," therefore. That was your complaint.

It's ridiculous. Stars coming out or lgbt affirming books being read or gay str8 alliances existing, etc., do not change sexual orientation...unless your own is that unstable. Which it obviously is, going by the incessant concerns revealed in your posts.

Also, most of those things you so hysterically dredge up are not required of students. You're over dramatizing. Even when the kids books are in a particular school they often give the fundie nitwit bigot parents the chance to opt out of certain books. All those other things are there for students to choose.

You freeeks just want a "right" to unlimited, societally enforced hate of and silence of lgbt people of all ages. You have sex problems.
Daniel

Ann Arbor, MI

#9 Sep 25, 2018
<quoted text>

But your homosexually aggrieved complaint.
Trying to converse with you on a rational, intellectual level is the very definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I'd do better trying to have a conversion with a parrot. Therefore I am done with you.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#11 Sep 25, 2018
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>

Exactly! They ban conversion therapy for LGBTQ youth while at the same time force little straight kids to read books like "My Two Daddies" and "My Other Daddy Is My Mommy" and "My Mommy Is My Daddy" and to join Gay-Straight Alliance clubs and go to gay pride parades, etc.
Gosh Daniel, get off your ass, travel to Nova Scotia and set the world back on a "straight" axis!! Take it to the streets world wide!! So tomorrow are you going to post as "Daniela" from Nova Scotia?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#13 Sep 25, 2018
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't work for you.
You stupid delusional drunk. Just what the fruck did any of my post have to do with "didn't work for you"? Just crawl off and die. Do everyone a favor.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Sep 25, 2018
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to converse with you on a rational, intellectual level is the very definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I'd do better trying to have a conversion with a parrot. Therefore I am done with you.
Then I win you stupid, psychosexually conflicted bigot.

Oh, and you were whining about supposedly turning str8 kids gay...just by teaching them tolerance for lgbt persons. Your sexual orientation is obviously unsettled, or else you wouldn't have produced that equivalence.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#15 Sep 26, 2018
Anybody notice that EVERYTHING "Daniel" and "Frankie Rizzo" say about other posters is actually the 100% truth about themselves?
Cujo

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Sep 26, 2018
Should be across the board, not just youth. Hell, Canada wide ban.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#17 Sep 26, 2018
<quoted text>

Then I win you stupid, psychosexually conflicted bigot.

Oh, and you were whining about supposedly turning str8 kids gay...just by teaching them tolerance for lgbt persons. Your sexual orientation is obviously unsettled, or else you wouldn't have produced that equivalence.
This imbecile thinks looking at the Bert and Ernie hand puppets will turn a person gay.

LOL!!!!!!!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#19 Sep 26, 2018
Gremlin wrote:
Anybody notice that EVERYTHING "Daniel" and "Frankie Rizzo" say about other posters is actually the 100% truth about themselves?
That's because it's "Frankie Daniel Rizzo". Too obvious!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Regional Municipality Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voters will have clear choice: Scheer Nov '18 Lotsa fake news 1
News Jim Vibert: Bernier casts long shadow over conv... Oct '18 Frump 1
News Canadian Forces Aurora aircraft taking the long... Sep '18 what coulda been 1
News Nova Scotia gives up attempts to find buyer for... Sep '18 lotsa hot air eh 1
News Canada-U.S. ferry service proposes moving from ... Jul '18 B and B 1
News N.S. man fined after $35K in undeclared jewelry... Jul '18 Maxinekelly53 1
News Nova Scotia LGBT groups turn up heat on church ... Jun '18 Christsharians on... 1