N.B. shale gas solidarity protests spread to other regions

Oct 18, 2013 Full story: CBC News

A demonstration in Halifax blocked a main street in support of First Nations protesters in Rexton, N.B. who rallied against SWN Resources and its possible plans to proceed with shale gas development in the province.

Full Story
Phil

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Oct 20, 2013
It was on the radio today that one of the reserves North of Winnipeg has joined in. I salute them. Taking care of the planet is number one and even if it goes no further than more investigation as to consequences - good for those who spoke out.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#2 Oct 21, 2013
The way to go, Canada! I say, the same civilian riots must now take place all over Europe!! The same American energy corporations, the same death breathing oil and shale gas extraction technologies. Austria, Poland, Sweden.... Those idiots that defend the hydraulic fracturing method use say: "nothing fatal has yet happened". An iron argument, when lives of hundreds and thousands people appear to be under a certain threat. Wonder, what all they are going to do it when something really fatal happens indeed?? Fact: too much and too often a man interferes today into the processes on earth about which he knows actually nothing. Pity, but evidently indeed the Deepwater Horizon tragedy left no lesson at all. For nothing suffered people, for nothing suffered animals, for nothing suffered ocean, for nothing suffered nature and planet. The thing we all now practically do are sitting with a hope that not under our houses the ground is going to sink, that not our children will die during another portion of terrible earthquakes and that not our relatives will appear in gone missing lists. Unfortunately indeed something terrible must happen to make idiots to think seriously about the hydraulic fracturing method use.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canada's involvement in WWI began with a telegr... Sep 9 Unknown 3
lookin for down in hrm Sep 4 twitchns 1
Andre Noel Denny back in court for 2nd-degree m... Sep 3 Ted Haggard s Mas... 6
Canada's Immunovaccine Inc says test of Ebola v... Aug 26 Karen 1
Halifax police called to abortion protest Aug '14 Anonymous 1
Christianity Aug '14 douglas 2
Underwater gliders could solve ecological myste... Aug '14 Tanner 2
•••

Halifax People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE