Timothy Charles Farler of Eastern Passage denied stay in molestation case

Jan 24, 2008 Full story: www.hfxnews.ca 27

Canadian Crime News, Atlantic: Sex Offences/Offenders.

A former submariner convicted of molesting young men has lost his bid to have the charges against him stayed.Timothy Charles Farler of Eastern Passage had wanted a stay of proceedings on the grounds it took too long for his retrial to get underway. He had won the right to a new trial in April 2006, but the Crown didn't re-start the case until that October. No trial dates were available for another 13 months.

Police originally laid the charges against Farler on April 5, 2002. A jury found him guilty in December 2003 of a dozen sex crimes against the victims, who were teenagers or young adults at the time. Farler was 46 at the time of the trial. The Crown painted him as a predator, taking advantage of vulnerable boys from troubled Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bryan - a victim

Canada

#23 Feb 3, 2012
The sentencing is today ...
Anonymous

Halifax, Canada

#24 Feb 3, 2012
bryan - a victim wrote:
The sentencing is today ...
Things that one tries to follow all the way to the end tend to drop out of sight. Did anyone attend sentencing or anyone know the end result?
John in hfx

Halifax, Canada

#27 Feb 10, 2012
Sorry about all that you had gone through Bryan. Hope you can find some frm of peace in this. For years I heard about the meggering of the qualifiers. Dark times for the service. Glad it was not like that when I joined.

I found out after the last time we worked together that you were a victim in this mess.

John
Does It Matter

Sydney, Canada

#28 Feb 27, 2012
30 months in prison
former worker

Moscow, Russia

#29 Mar 17, 2012
He's out of jail again........
clinton

Canada

#30 May 17, 2012
If I ever see him again I will make sure it is impossible for him to do this to anyone else. I worked with him from age 15 to 17.. prime age for his sick mind. He helped me get my own company truck and I noticed special treatment towards me, and I stuck up for him to my other coworkers because he did help me out, but I thought it was because I was a hard worker. It absolutely discusts me the things he did, I am just so grateful that he never got the chance to try anything on me. Tim if you read this, I hope you every inmate in the prison your at knows what you did and make you pay for it. and I hope I see you around, you dirty old fuck.
Juror 11

Elmsdale, Canada

#31 Oct 6, 2012
abcdefg wrote:
Yeah, being one of the jury members, I know he was convicted of 12 charges. Nothing was overturned.
I was juror#11 on the dec 03 case and we convicted him on 12 of 13 charges. I am disguested that it was overturned because he was truly guilty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apartment Ratings/Review in Halifax (Sep '10) Dec 11 kwalk 42
Nearly 400 Nova Scotia bridges corroding, crumb... Dec 9 hows your city 1
gay guys in halifax Dec 7 center-life 1
Nothing to fear from common defence with Americ... Nov 22 really 1
Accused sex offender Jeremy Daniel Oakley, alle... (Oct '08) Nov 21 Unknown2014 68
Visa denial for Filipina nurse 'frustrating and... (Dec '13) Nov '14 dafacts 2
Developer George Armoyan banned from city build... Oct '14 Anonymous City Lover 1

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:27 pm PST