Paper mill still being marketed

Paper mill still being marketed

There are 1 comment on the Watertown Daily Times story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Paper mill still being marketed. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

Newton Falls Fine Paper is still being marketed even though its parent company is liquidating the machinery from another mill it closed in Canada.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

ren franse

Wayne, NJ

#1 Jan 4, 2013
All the executives associated with the paper mill and the development organizations are deluded and blowing smoke up each others. This paper mill is antiquated and the infrastructure is non existent or crumbling. I knew and worked for Henry Parnas and saw the handwriting on the wall in the 70's. Small paper mills are not economically viable. Even the large mills are shutting down. With every kindle or Ipad sold the paper media is prosaic. Digital media is the future. Paper is a thing of the past. This mill is not served by any viable rail line and will go the way of Benson Mines. Wake up people it is not the 1960's any more. No one is sadder than I. I interned at Newton Falls and Benson Mines in the 1970's. Small operations such as these in dying industries are doomed. It is NOT the same America we grew up in. The town of Newton Falls and the Newton Falls Hotel belong to the past. So do I. Sadly. Many great summers swimming in the Oswagochi and Black Rivers. I will take my fond memories with me. God Bless the survivors of Newton Falls. They are a hardy breed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halifax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 US-Paris Air France flights diverted for secu... Nov 18 Jeff Brightone 2
Apartment Ratings/Review in Halifax (Sep '10) Nov 12 6244 Allan 65
News Titanic Conspiracy and The Jesuits - RMS Titani... (Apr '12) Nov 1 fukuda 5
News Trudeau makes quick visit Oct '15 ROB FORD HARPO 5
News Trout Point Lodge to charge up Teslas (Mar '15) Sep '15 Randal 2
KAPYONG BARRACKS WINIPEG ! IDEAL for SYRIAN REF... Sep '15 The Harpo Agenda ... 2
News Charles likens Putin to Hitler (May '14) Sep '15 bluestreak returns 3
More from around the web