Selective Mutism
RCormier

Moncton, Canada

#1 Apr 2, 2008
I am trying to see if there is a demand for a Support Group for Parents of Selectively Mute Children in New Brunswick. Selective Mutism is a rare anxiety disorder that appears in children, usually before the age of 5. They are able to speak in some situations (at home), but not in others (School or daycare). These children are sometimes labeled as shy and go through their early life suffering in silence. Please contact us if you are (or know) a parent of a Selectively Mute child. It makes a difference when you can speak to another parent.

[email protected]

Thank you,
Rob Cormier
Selective Mutism NB
Paula Throop

Dartmouth, Canada

#2 Nov 8, 2013
My child hasn't been officially diagnosed with selective mutism, but she's shown every sign of it since I can remember. It seemed to start becoming more apparent in grade 3 and she's now in grade five. She is able to speak a little with prompting; there's a temporary behaviour interventionist in class and she has been prompting her to raise her hand. I would love to make contact with other parents, especially those who have children around my daughter's age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredericton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ontario pot producer eyes new location in Frede... Sep '17 what r prices 1
Depressed in need of a serious change! Aug '17 Thh 1
News Saskatchewan's Indigenous languages, basis of c... Aug '17 bob 1
News Layoff news upsets Canada Post staff in N.B, N.... (Apr '11) Jun '17 tnox 3
News Entertainment journal (Nov '10) Jun '17 Pope 4
News N.B Power targets Saturday for full restoration... (Dec '13) Jun '17 thenox 2
News Eastern Canada Winter Storm Update (Feb '15) Jun '17 Tnox 2
More from around the web