Victoria Wins Pair of Awards for Sust...

Victoria Wins Pair of Awards for Sustainability

There are 11 comments on the Local Wave Home story from Feb 9, 2011, titled Victoria Wins Pair of Awards for Sustainability. In it, Local Wave Home reports that:

VICTORIA HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED WITH A PAIR OF AWARDS, AT THE FEDERATION OF CANADIAN MUNICIPALITIES SUSTAINABILITY CONFERENCE.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Local Wave Home.

River

Toronto, Canada

#1 Feb 17, 2011
may not be Angels HAARP

Toronto, Canada

#2 Mar 16, 2011
amelia

Scarborough, Canada

#3 Mar 26, 2011
HI All!

just wanted to let you in on a couple of things that are pretty important.

One is to do with water and Nestle trying to renew a lease to pump 3.6 million L/day from the aberfoyle aquifer for the next 10 years for a mere $3.71/million litres.

please comment to the Ministry of Environment by the end of today (sorry for the short notice, just found out about it)

http://www.wellingtonwaterwatchers.ca/nestle-...

The other is to do with GE alfalfa in Canada and will be voted on by March 10th,

so voicing your opinions to the agricutural committee before then will really help stop GE alfalfa from coming into being in our country at least.

I would recommend reading about this issue if you don't know about it as it is REALLY important to our food supply and ecosystem health.

http://www.cban.ca/Resources/Topics/GE-Crops-...

Thanks
4 amelia

Scarborough, Canada

#4 Mar 26, 2011
Re: a couple of places to voice your opinions

Hello!

Thank you for posting this. I started reading the Waterwatchers brief around 11 p.m. and

managed to send an original email to the MOE by 11:55 p.m..

With your help and encouragement I was able to voice my concerns to those in charge.
Yesterday's Guelph Mercury

(front page/Rob O'Flanagan) gave meeting info about the GMO issue :

Thursday, March 10, 7 p.m., at the Italian Canadian Club hosted by Frank Valeriote.

I wish I could have attended but didn't.

I plan to read the material and

send letters to the appropriate people/offices with my concerns.

Good job, mama meme, for spreading the word about issues that are on discussion

and need our input and opinions.
water costs meeting

Toronto, Canada

#5 Apr 20, 2011
Real Action Erin

Toronto, Canada

#6 Apr 24, 2011
who pays to monitor now

Canada

#7 Oct 19, 2011
Carbon Nation

Toronto, Canada

#8 Dec 12, 2011
Bodies for billions

Toronto, Canada

#9 Jan 15, 2012
scared yet

Milton, Canada

#10 Jan 24, 2012
Net

Toronto, Canada

#12 Apr 25, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fire calls: Aug. 26 - Sept. 1 (Sep '13) Oct '17 LVPD is Incompetent 12
News OPP investigating ATM theft at Erin, Ont. bank Sep '17 why no alarm siren 1
News Two dozen Porta Potties destroyed in suspicious... Aug '17 Ezra full of it 1
News Businessman Kevin O'Leary to run for Conservati... May '17 Andrew Sheer Luck 2
News Kevin O'Leary's Conservative leadership bid sho... May '17 Short Bald Guy on TV 4
News Ontario proposes to boost water bottler fee by ... May '17 who ya gonna call 1
News Two-thirds of packaged foods sold in Canada hav... May '17 thank Redpaths 1
More from around the web