Strathearn Heights Apartments: 8768 –...

Strathearn Heights Apartments: 8768 – 96 Avenue Edmonton AB T6C 2B2

Posted in the Edmonton Forum

canadian4sure

Calgary, Canada

#1 Feb 19, 2012
If anyone is looking for an apartment to rent in Edmonton, AB, stay the hell away from Strathearn Heights Apartments. This complex claims to be Edmonton's best kept secret and a home with a heart but I can tell you that is pure bullshit! Two years ago, my wife and I moved into this complex not knowing what we were getting into. I can tell you, it has been a nightmare. The management will bullshit you to get you in and once you do move in, the management doesn't give a damn about you. Also, they expect you to pay the rent on time but if you have a noise complaint, they will ignore you. Complain more than once, then they will evict you. That is how they deal with noise complaints. This despite their tenant handbook which states that they take noise complaints seriously. This is nothing but bullshit! The wiring in the apartments is substandard. You can't run a coffee pot and microwave at the same time without blowing a fuse. The heat is almost non-existent. Especially in winter. The water pressure in the taps is lousy, and frequently you can have a shower and end up with no hot water. When I mentioned getting evicted for making noise complaints, the management discriminates. The will get rid of you and keep the offending tenants. Especially if they have kids and you don't. The management told my wife and I we were tenants in good standing then served an eviction notice on us for complaining. So do yourself a favor, find better accomodations and stay away from Strathearn Heights Apartments, the apartment from hell.
Mik

Toronto, Canada

#2 May 11, 2014
When we moved in two years ago they just took out the outdoor pool. Fine. Then rent went up, laundry went up, they took away the free storage under the stairs and started charging over $40 a month. Then rent went up again. Then the charge for a parking stall went up. Their snow clearing the walks and parking spaces is a total joke and they do 3 suite inspections a year. You can't even control the heat! The cheap pricks always turn it on late into the season so you freeze for a few weeks. The buildings are ancient so the soundproofing is non existant and bugs easily get in. And NO pets alowed. Not even a fish bowl! There is tons of empty grass and they won't let the tennants grow vegetable gardens. There is a monthly news letter that always brings some new restriction. I HATE living here. The place is run by Nazis. Do not rent here.
Stephanie Ann

Edmonton, Canada

#3 Feb 9, 2015
Me and my boyfriend have lived here together for about a year and a half and it's been horrible. We both ended up getting an eviction notice with one of the reasons being for unreported water damage which we did report. TWICE. Not once but TWICE and no one showed to fix it or to even take a look at it. This water damage wasn't even our fault it was caused by large amounts of water coming in from outside and we get held responsible for something that's not our fault. But we are not the first people to have things unattended to or not fixed properly. People also get kicked out in the middle of winter with only one months notice when it needs to be three under law. The winter maintenance is horrid, it's always freezing, it's outdated, and no wall is properly insulated from cold and sound. Horrible place to live. Don't rent here ever!!!!
Jenny

Sherwood Park, Canada

#4 May 11, 2015
Just received a phone call rejecting my application after they accepted it (supposedly) a year ago. If this is the way prospective tenants are treated I would advise never to rent there.
Glad it worked out like this before signing any paperwork.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dreadone u out there? (Oct '14) 3 hr Hotchickyinedm 13
New to the city, need hook-ups (down, opi's) (Apr '15) 11 hr Codythebeast3 29
NATUROPATH Home-Schooled in TABER Alberta ! Thu Dr Albert Feinstein 1
For sale.... Apr 27 JackArmStrong 11
Poll Is it too early to discuss Nibiru? (Dec '07) Apr 27 JackArmStrong 24,507
Girls do u leave your dirty panties out so guys... (Apr '13) Apr 25 Hotchickyinedm 5
Your human toilet slave Apr 25 Hotchickyinedm 3
More from around the web