World Financial Group: An unethicall ...
big al

Ajax, Canada

#23 Feb 1, 2010
man I'm I lucky to have read all of that informative and factual stuff.I am going to stop working with WFG A.S.A.P.I guess I better tell my bank that all the money I made my 1st yr part-time +$180000 is a scam and not to accept any more transactions, and all the the free vacations I received must have been nothing but dreams .oh no, someone from Wfg put some more money in my account,oh no I am leaving for a free trip to Hawaii,AGAIN this SATURDAY.LAST TIME ON THIS SITE ,WILL BE THINKING OF YOU WINNER(SORRY , MEANT WHINNERS )IN HAWAII .....NOT. YOU GUYS ARE FUN.
little al

Calgary, Canada

#24 Feb 15, 2010
big al wrote:
man I'm I lucky to have read all of that informative and factual stuff.I am going to stop working with WFG A.S.A.P.I guess I better tell my bank that all the money I made my 1st yr part-time +$180000 is a scam and not to accept any more transactions, and all the the free vacations I received must have been nothing but dreams .oh no, someone from Wfg put some more money in my account,oh no I am leaving for a free trip to Hawaii,AGAIN this SATURDAY.LAST TIME ON THIS SITE ,WILL BE THINKING OF YOU WINNER(SORRY , MEANT WHINNERS )IN HAWAII .....NOT. YOU GUYS ARE FUN.
I call BS!!!$180,000.00 Plus ... Ya Right!!! Prove it!!!
IreneC

Sherwood Park, Canada

#25 Jun 14, 2010
Bruceman wrote:
If anyone has heard of, is or was part of, or has any personal expereience (negative or positve) with the notorious WFG (World Financial Group) here in Edmonton,AB, please discuss it here.
There is already a siginifcant amount of facts personal experiences reported on forums, news articles, and even legal documents providing evidence that this organization is an unethical, borderline illegal, greed driven MLM scheme under the guise of a legitimate financial service company. Check out WFG on the Calgary topix forum for an extensive disscussion.
Here are a few documents revealing the truth behind WFG. I will follow this post with my own personal experience with a WFG associate.
http://www.mfda.ca/enforcement/hearings08/NoH ...
http://www.mfda.ca/enforcement/hearings08/NOH ...
Just like any business venture you need to research it thoroughly. Don't trash something until you fully understand it or if its not for you. Not every venture in life is for everyone. There are alot of MLM companies in the world and some people have made good money on them and others haven't. What MLM does though is gives a person an opportunity to do something for themselves with very little cost to start up and build it as they want to build it by putting in the hours they want to thus building a business for themselves.
IreneC

Sherwood Park, Canada

#26 Jun 14, 2010
Just like any business venture you need to research it thoroughly. Don't trash something until you fully understand it or if its not for you. Not every venture in life is for everyone. There are alot of MLM companies in the world and some people have made good money on them and others haven't. What MLM does though is gives a person an opportunity to do something for themselves with very little cost to start up and build it as they want to build it by putting in the hours they want to thus building a business for themselves.
moneycoach

Winkler, Canada

#27 Jul 20, 2010
WFG is now on the verge of revolutionizing the entire industry. Do your research! Who am I? Just a client with 2 University degrees. The have incorporated the best business model out there: relationship marketing (see the University of Chicago Business school website, they teach it there). It is a model built on trust. After all who can you trust in the traditional industry anymore? Banks use your money, leverage it and earn returns of 25%(RBC for example) and teach you nothing about how money works. All the while they teach their emplyees about "ethics." They make you feel dependant on them for loans and "low" interest rates so you can keep a roof over your familys head while your credit cards max out just so you can buy food. While others go to banks out of a fear and scarcity mentality, WFG associates and clients (I am one myself) enjoy freedom from the shakles of the "old boys school" model of traditional financial services with the abundance that actully does exist in Canada (too bad the banks are slowly taking it all away from the middle class with conditioning and fear..see the video "Money As Debt"). You can bet that banks hire expert consumer psycologists to make sure we stay fearful.

Definition of "brainwashing" from encyclopedia.com

"make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure"

Who do you think the real brainwashers are? Banks or WFG?

WFG has grown from just a few licensed associates in Canada to now almost 6000, making them larger than Investors Group and others. Franklin Templeton has a dedicated staff hired only to work with WFG associates, previously unheard of in their long history. What does WFG do? they educate families on how money works and expose the old industry secrets so that money works for them not against them.

See some negative posts on untrusted sources? Look up any company and you will find something negative. Why do people post negative comments? Perhaps they are a competitor providing misinformation so they can protect their book of business.

Still keeping a closed mind? Thats ok. You may find that you will NEVER be financially successful in life while the old boys of banking of traditional financial institutions use your hard earned, after tax dollars to make millions for themselves and their own kids. Do your research and use trusted sources. I wish you all the best.
Jason McDaniel

Edmonton, Canada

#28 Aug 9, 2010
Wow judging by all these negative comments. I will not be meeting with this CJ guy who called from WFG wanting to meet. I was weary from the start, as he said he had my business card but could not say how he got it. I will be sure to blow this guy off next time he phones, and will dvise some of my other friends who have gotten calls from this company not to proceed with this as well thanks all!!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#29 Aug 9, 2010
Jason McDaniel wrote:
Wow judging by all these negative comments. I will not be meeting with this CJ guy who called from WFG wanting to meet. I was weary from the start, as he said he had my business card but could not say how he got it. I will be sure to blow this guy off next time he phones, and will dvise some of my other friends who have gotten calls from this company not to proceed with this as well thanks all!!
Take the time to learn then make an educated decision. Don’t listen to bad advice on internet forums.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#30 Aug 9, 2010
From college savings to retirement and home ownership to insurance protection, today's financial climate demands that people become money-minded or risk falling short of their dreams. Many families know they need to save and plan for the future, but they often dont know where to begin.
That's where WFG can help.
QuoteMan

Toronto, Canada

#31 Aug 24, 2010
al from the n0rth wrote:
From college savings to retirement and home ownership to insurance protection, today's financial climate demands that people become money-minded or risk falling short of their dreams. Many families know they need to save and plan for the future, but they often dont know where to begin.
That's where WFG can help.
"We are never deceived; we deceive ourselves."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
mister

Edmonton, Canada

#32 Sep 29, 2010
Hello everyone. I am wondering how many pple have actually gone to a WFG bpm?
Frank Abignale

Winnipeg, Canada

#33 Apr 11, 2011
You are all so dumb.... Like any other business you have to work at it... not sit around and complain. Im assuming all of you have never heard of the saying "try and try until you succeed". because all of you just try and complain. if wfg was so bad why is there a conference for thousand of people.. why is wfg affiliated with the best investments and insurance provider out there?

You all need to stop complaining. taking someone else's word is not good enough. get up and try it out.

This business is an opportunity! not a JOB ( journey of the broke)

WFG doesnt even come close to a scam...

WHY DO YOU THINK THERE STILL AROUND?

How can a company with a licensing authority be a scam? wouldnt the government shut them down if it was being done illegally>?

I suggest finding out more about the business.

If you love helping families check it out!
Bev

Portage La Prairie, Canada

#35 Aug 13, 2011
I have been with a " finacial advisor" for about 4 years from WFG, not only does he not return my calls but I'm unable to locate him as he went from the red deer office to an edmonton office. I was suppose to have updates every 6 months into how my money was invested and what it was doing , I have not heard a word from him. I just want to stop the payments coming out of my account, as I have not made a cent. Very frustrated!!!!! Funny that they seem to always be around when they want your money but disappear once they have it.
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#36 Aug 16, 2011
HEY SO HAVE OTHER's..Bernard Madoff...etc....etc...world-wi de...eh...Bank's...etc....WAKE -UP!!...eh...
B Com

Edmonton, Canada

#38 Nov 12, 2011
I went to a presentation the other night. Very slick. And hilarious. Although I do think this is a perfectly legitimate business, the business plan is set up for 99% of people to fail. The average agent will come in, try to sign up their friends and family, and then fizzle out when they can't generate any more business leads.
The presenter spent a good deal of the time bashing banks and claiming that they are only out to make money off the average working man. In the next breath he is using the banks to legitimize his own business: "Would the banks deal with us if we weren't legitimate?"
The highlight of the presentation was when I learned that Albert Einstein discovered the rule of 72. Pure comic genius.
The evening was capped off with a talk from one of the members of the board of directors from WFG. After being introduced as a god amongst men, he came out and told us how much he liked helping families, the little guy, the middle class people living paycheque to paycheque. He made it seem like it was us common folk against the billion dollar banks, even though he is most certainly a multi-millionaire himself.
If people are really serious about helping families and being financial planners, go and get real certification, like a CFP (Certified Financial Planner) designation. It will cost around $2000.00 and you will be a real financial planner with a designation recognized across Canada.
If you are thinking of buying financial products from this company, ask yourself if someone with no real designations or credentials is looking after your best interest when they are selling you something that is 100% commission based. Chances are it is the best product for them, and not necessarily you.
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#39 Nov 12, 2011
..MANY With Univerity-degree's have LOST-EVERYTHING,here.....eh...
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#40 Nov 12, 2011
..GET iT???...eh
Mike

Toronto, Canada

#41 Jan 12, 2012
My WFG representative left town with everyone's money (Kanata Ontario). Her home is vacant and she is gone somewhere warm and sunny (I assume). WFG hires anyone off the street - there is not enough training and background checks. BEWARE
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#42 Jan 12, 2012
paul SHYKORA arts wrote:
HEY SO HAVE OTHER's..Bernard Madoff...etc....etc...world-wi de...eh...Bank's...etc....WAKE -UP!!...eh...
..WAKE-UP Man!!..sooooooooo have all the other's,too....eh...$$$...yada u u ..shalom
Really??

Leduc, Canada

#43 Jan 21, 2012
Wow. Hilarious to see those who were brainwashed by WFG defend their practice. Sounds the same as those who drank the FHTM Canada Kool-Aid!$180k working part-time....I almost choked on my own tongue laughing at that BS post!
call the company

Las Vegas, NV

#44 Jan 28, 2012
Bev wrote:
I have been with a " finacial advisor" for about 4 years from WFG, not only does he not return my calls but I'm unable to locate him as he went from the red deer office to an edmonton office. I was suppose to have updates every 6 months into how my money was invested and what it was doing , I have not heard a word from him. I just want to stop the payments coming out of my account, as I have not made a cent. Very frustrated!!!!! Funny that they seem to always be around when they want your money but disappear once they have it.
If you can locate your advisor you should call the company to see if your advisor is still with the company. You can also request working with someone else if you want. This is about relationships.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nova Scotia's past wrongs must be foundation fo... Dec 9 www 1
Man Befriends Moms To Molest Their Kids, Edmont... Dec 4 JayKLR 1
News 'Okay to be White' signs popping up in Grand Haven Nov 27 Sad Bastard 4
Need pain relief Nov 26 Jas 1
News Alberta legislature passes contentious bill str... Nov 16 Sad Bastard 1
News LGBTQ apology will keep remedies separate from ... Nov '17 Newt s Gimlet Rage 1
News 'No student will be outed:' Alberta proposes ne... Nov '17 Gremlin 2
More from around the web