World Financial Group: An unethicall business practice

Posted in the Edmonton Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bruceman

Edmonton, Canada

#1 Apr 15, 2009
If anyone has heard of, is or was part of, or has any personal expereience (negative or positve) with the notorious WFG (World Financial Group) here in Edmonton,AB, please discuss it here.

There is already a siginifcant amount of facts personal experiences reported on forums, news articles, and even legal documents providing evidence that this organization is an unethical, borderline illegal, greed driven MLM scheme under the guise of a legitimate financial service company. Check out WFG on the Calgary topix forum for an extensive disscussion.

Here are a few documents revealing the truth behind WFG. I will follow this post with my own personal experience with a WFG associate.

http://www.mfda.ca/enforcement/hearings08/NoH ...

http://www.mfda.ca/enforcement/hearings08/NOH ...
Bruceman

Edmonton, Canada

#2 Apr 15, 2009
I've been reading alot of information on WFG after I met with a "friend" (more like acquaintance) from high school who out of no where started pestering me to meet with her about her new job which she was so passionate about. Despite having a bad gut feeling, I met with her out of respect and things seemed fairly legitimate. However, she seemed too happy about what she was doing, even though it sounded a litte boring to me, and she never broke eye contact, which seemed a littel weird, until I mentioned that her work doens't sound like a pyramid scheme. She also bragged that her brother was making 600K a year in this business, and her mom had quit nursing to be in this, and her fiance had given up photography for this aswell (personally, photography and nursing sound alot more interesting and meaningful than WFG). I also had to aks her what company she worked with, as if she didn't want me to know (wouldn't you say who you worked for right off the bat?).

I asked her if she could send me an example of an investment porfolio and she ended up sending me some copy and pasted document with third party articles and information, no official products or services, or useful information. Her e-mail address was g-mail, and she did not have a electronic signature or business card. Her e-mail reply also had exclamation marks after every sentence. Not the most professional presentation.

So, together with all the negative feedback on the internet, plus the oddities of my experience lead me to think, with all the financial services out there, why would I go with WFG?

Furthermore, if a company along with its employees, is legitamte, honest, and successful, does it need to have representatives defnding its intergrity on internet forums? The answer is no. If a company, or person for that matter, is confident, secure, and successful, then when some other person insults them they jsut walk a way.

The fact alone that WFG members feel the need to defend their company on internet forums is enough evidence to turn me away from anyone linked to this company. There are many options out there, non are perfect, but most are more honest and legitimate than WFG (or any other MLM for that matter).
WFG is a scam

Edmonton, Canada

#3 Apr 21, 2009
Bruceman wrote:
I've been reading alot of information on WFG after I met with a "friend" (more like acquaintance) from high school who out of no where started pestering me to meet with her about her new job which she was so passionate about. Despite having a bad gut feeling, I met with her out of respect and things seemed fairly legitimate. However, she seemed too happy about what she was doing, even though it sounded a litte boring to me, and she never broke eye contact, which seemed a littel weird, until I mentioned that her work doens't sound like a pyramid scheme. She also bragged that her brother was making 600K a year in this business, and her mom had quit nursing to be in this, and her fiance had given up photography for this aswell (personally, photography and nursing sound alot more interesting and meaningful than WFG). I also had to aks her what company she worked with, as if she didn't want me to know (wouldn't you say who you worked for right off the bat?).
I asked her if she could send me an example of an investment porfolio and she ended up sending me some copy and pasted document with third party articles and information, no official products or services, or useful information. Her e-mail address was g-mail, and she did not have a electronic signature or business card. Her e-mail reply also had exclamation marks after every sentence. Not the most professional presentation.
So, together with all the negative feedback on the internet, plus the oddities of my experience lead me to think, with all the financial services out there, why would I go with WFG?
Furthermore, if a company along with its employees, is legitamte, honest, and successful, does it need to have representatives defnding its intergrity on internet forums? The answer is no. If a company, or person for that matter, is confident, secure, and successful, then when some other person insults them they jsut walk a way.
The fact alone that WFG members feel the need to defend their company on internet forums is enough evidence to turn me away from anyone linked to this company. There are many options out there, non are perfect, but most are more honest and legitimate than WFG (or any other MLM for that matter).
Hi Bruceman:

I know that playoff season might not be a good idea, but if you have 90 minutes to kill in the evening, they will usually have them in the weekdays. They do have "Introductory Meeting" so you can find out personally what WFG is all about. I will probably suggest a fake name and a fake occupation (grocery clerk, sandwich artist, etc.) so they think you are dumb. But do take good notes and ask a lot of questions to see how much they won't bother to correctly answer them because they don't know. Also, do try to hold your laughter to a minimum to give the presenters their "respect" even though they are morons. You won't believe some of the things they will say, think of it as a comedy show of "Financial Planning for Dummies."

If you can sneak in to the "Associates" Pow-wows afterward, make sure you take your name tag off and you might hear some really screwed up stuff.

Either way, it will be quite an eye opener for you. As you know, I have refrained from making comments until I went to one of those meetings last August. That's why those WFG associates really have a bone to pick with me because I find out first hand about this MLM pyramid recruiting scam. The more I got their info, the less secrecy they have to protect themselves. I got the 'truth' about them, they just can't handle it because they are being brainwashed.
shykora us 3

Calgary, Canada

#4 Apr 21, 2009
...The blue mountian folks...know much more,here....the real scammer is hiding,here....demanding dhat yous' BELIEVE in her/it's ...Truths.....eh.....yada u.....eh...
WFG is a scam

Sherwood Park, Canada

#5 Apr 21, 2009
shykora us 3 wrote:
...The blue mountian folks...know much more,here....the real scammer is hiding,here....demanding dhat yous' BELIEVE in her/it's ...Truths.....eh.....yada u.....eh...
Paul Shykora, it is not the first time that people are asking you to make your point rather than churning out spams. No one considers your opinion important while being a local troll.

Once again, we speak English in this part of the country. Not "yodeling" or "yada u", if you can't speak or write English. You can take English lessons at your local education board for continuing education or immigrant aid class. May I recommend "Hooked on Phonics" and starting on lesson #1?
pijo dHat Pawlo

Calgary, Canada

#6 Apr 25, 2009
shykora us 3 wrote:
...The blue mountian folks...know much more,here....the real scammer is hiding,here....demanding dhat yous' BELIEVE in her/it's ...Truths.....eh.....yada u.....eh...
...We do agree,here,tooooo booot......eh....yada u...LOVE is the Divine-sELF Key....
OMG

Red Deer, Canada

#8 May 5, 2009
LOL @ pijo
momof3

Canada

#9 Jun 3, 2009
Bruceman wrote:
If anyone has heard of, is or was part of, or has any personal expereience (negative or positve) with the notorious WFG (World Financial Group) here in Edmonton,AB, please discuss it here.
There is already a siginifcant amount of facts personal experiences reported on forums, news articles, and even legal documents providing evidence that this organization is an unethical, borderline illegal, greed driven MLM scheme under the guise of a legitimate financial service company. Check out WFG on the Calgary topix forum for an extensive disscussion.
Here are a few documents revealing the truth behind WFG. I will follow this post with my own personal experience with a WFG associate.
http://www.mfda.ca/enforcement/hearings08/NoH ...
http://www.mfda.ca/enforcement/hearings08/NOH ...
It would be really useful if the links you posted actually worked!
Art Critic

Calgary, Canada

#10 Jun 4, 2009
momof3 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be really useful if the links you posted actually worked!
Try these:

http://www.mfda.ca/enforcement/hearings08/NOH...
http://www.mfda.ca/enforcement/hearings08/NOH...
www.osc.gov.on.ca/Enforcement/Proceedings/SOA...
Art Critic

Calgary, Canada

#11 Jun 4, 2009
OMG wrote:
LOL @ pijo
You should, Pijo is Paul's goat. Apparently, he talks and has a platonic love with Paul! LMAO!
Paul Shykora Arts

Calgary, Canada

#12 Jun 12, 2009
ONLY 2- DIMENTIONAL ??....Like Man,everything on the internet is proof,PROOF,proooooooof??..Lik e,the ''blue mountain'' exists only because it says so on the Internet(yellow) pages??Noth'n else exists??...Well then,..'the scam in the WFG Name,must be a Self-Mirrored----real/reality, to the sender?? Wow Vow!!.....eh...ha ha ha .
the phantom artist

Calgary, Canada

#13 Jun 12, 2009
EFFECTIVE OVERSITE,..NOT WFG is a scam.....AND NOT, the no-name-brand-name----WFG is a scam....OH MY!!....Wait...Wait......yous' mean dhat He/She is only ...2 - demensional,here????...WOW vOW.....!!!..eh.
John Douglas

Red Deer, Canada

#14 Jun 16, 2009
I was associated with Wfg for about a year and spent around 1000 dollars to get licensed pay office rental fees, E&O insurance, etc. There business model is to pressure your family and friends and random strangers into products they dont need or cant afford. Most of the people here dont know the first thing about investing and are just trying to sell anything they can. There are a lot of hidden fees nobody tells ou about. The only thing this company is good for is wasting lots of your time and money.
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#15 Jun 16, 2009
VHAT?? WOW/vow!!...The blue mountian folks,on many parallel levels,have just informed Me....dHAT...The art critic,Bruceman,joe the plumber,tanya,dr.Raymond,WFG is a scam,is a scam...ALL come from the same source!!..What??..It all comes from a department,well-paid,$$$$,with in a self-serving Agency!!...???..WOW!!...eh.
the phantom artist

Calgary, Canada

#16 Jun 16, 2009
..THEN....SEE Things the way they are...NOT the way they seem....Nothing is what it appears.....only the shadow knows...in vhat is going on behind the ''green'' door.....
Paul Shykora is a nit-wit

Calgary, Canada

#17 Jun 16, 2009
the phantom artist wrote:
..THEN....SEE Things the way they are...NOT the way they seem....Nothing is what it appears.....only the shadow knows...in vhat is going on behind the ''green'' door.....
The shadow knows that you need psychotherapy before you turned to clinically insane. The clock is ticking, cookoo, cookoo, cookoo,....
Eva Winter

Calgary, Canada

#18 Jun 20, 2009
World Financial Group Employees are liars.

I have been fighting for two years to get child support from my exhusband. Two days before our court date he arranged a meeting with MY lawyer to discuss a settlement. My Ex brought a woman to this meeting. She identified herself as Christine F.(from Edmonton WFG) and she said she was there acting in an official capacity as my exhusbands financial advisor. My lawyer said she was an idiot and that she lied to him and pretended to have legal qualificiations as well.
She is not only an employee of WFG she is my exhusbands girlfriend! She is stupid enough to post pictures of the two of them on facebook.
I would never trust anyone from that organization
Bruceman

Edmonton, Canada

#19 Jun 25, 2009
Eva Winter

Thanks for sharing your story. Unfortunatly, this type of behavior is common among WFG associates.

I beleive this women (Christine) is violating many compliance or regulations by posing as a financial advisor, and lying about her qualifications. I'm sure she is also breaching a conflict of interest by getting romanticly involved with your ex.

I hope you end up getting the child support you need. All too often single mom's are left on their own with the kids after a seperation. Good luck.
Alcal

Calgary, Canada

#20 Oct 28, 2009
John Douglas wrote:
I was associated with Wfg for about a year and spent around 1000 dollars to get licensed pay office rental fees, E&O insurance, etc. There business model is to pressure your family and friends and random strangers into products they don't need or can't afford. Most of the people here don't know the first thing about investing and are just trying to sell anything they can. There are a lot of hidden fees nobody tells you about. The only thing this company is good for is wasting lots of your time and money.
This is a good example of MLM and the wfg business opportunity. A recruiting MLM business model ,also referred to as network marketing.Another large Pyramid scheme ? and it seems clear whats up here.
opie taylor

Baldwin Park, CA

#21 Nov 28, 2009
People have the right to remain ignorant...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it too early to discuss Nibiru? (Dec '07) 11 hr Whoknoze 24,063
oxy and hydromorph 15 hr SimpleT 4
all the ppl with unreliable h hookups bump this! 15 hr SimpleT 9
Dreadone u out there? Oct 15 SimpleT 3
Discussing alternative medicine choices for bet... Oct 8 Chiropractor From... 15
....ROCKETs.....war crime Oct 4 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
paul SHYKORA arts (Oct '11) Oct 4 PAUL SHYKORA arts 32

Edmonton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE