Timothy Charles Farler of Eastern Passage denied stay in molestation case

Jan 24, 2008 | Posted by: Canadian Crime News | Full story: www.hfxnews.ca

Canadian Crime News, Atlantic: Sex Offences/Offenders.

A former submariner convicted of molesting young men has lost his bid to have the charges against him stayed.Timothy Charles Farler of Eastern Passage had wanted a stay of proceedings on the grounds it took too long for his retrial to get underway. He had won the right to a new trial in April 2006, but the Crown didn't re-start the case until that October. No trial dates were available for another 13 months.

Police originally laid the charges against Farler on April 5, 2002. A jury found him guilty in December 2003 of a dozen sex crimes against the victims, who were teenagers or young adults at the time. Farler was 46 at the time of the trial. The Crown painted him as a predator, taking advantage of vulnerable boys from troubled
Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Oct 6, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Halifax

Dartmouth, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Bourque Security/Traffic Control should be proud to have a sicko like this working for them...
Anonymous

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

Judged:

yeah, this is real nice. Doesn't tell you that the conviction was overturned and he was proven innocent
anonymous

Burnaby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

Not sure where you are getting your information from but Timothy Charles Farler tried before a jury and convicted in December 2003 on 12 of 13 sex charges, he was found guilty sentenced to 6 years but three months into his sentence he was given a new trial based on a mistake the trial judge made in his instructions to the jury.
The new trial will begin on Febuary 18th,2010 in Halifax.
abc

Bridgewater, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Judged:

i think he did it and i found out after i worked for him, he was around my kids (little boy) im totally disgusted ! it also doesnt tell you that when he was a sub marina that when he was giving an oral exam when the guy got it wrong he electrocuted him. tim is f*cked up person
eastern passage view

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

He was guilty......he fooled people...seemed like an ok guy but he took advantage of young guys from troubled families...horrendous
Anonymous wrote:
yeah, this is real nice. Doesn't tell you that the conviction was overturned and he was proven innocent
Victim

Dartmouth, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2011

Judged:

I can tell ya first hand that this man is guilty, and quite disturbed. Also.. he was a part of the big brothers organization during some of these assaults.
That's how he found his victims.
abcdefg

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2011

Judged:

Yeah, being one of the jury members, I know he was convicted of 12 charges. Nothing was overturned.
Little Budda

Bay Roberts, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

I see your not all that innocent now, you guilty perv. Remember when you tell the truth nothing can come back on you, but when you lie it will come back to haunt you. Anyone that distroys a childs life should and will rot in jail and or hell. Your day is nearing.
Bryan - A victim

Orleans, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Judged:

Ok...Lets get this correct @anonymous in Winnipeg. You are probably Tim's relation. If you want to discuss my testimony get in touch and we'll talk. He was never found innocent. The judges instructions were faulty and the conviction overturned. Hence the retrial and now found guilty again. The sentencing was supposed to be today.

He did not just find his victims from Big Brothers. Many of the victims were my friends and acquaintances who came to party with me... a cross I bear every day for introducing them in this mess. He then had my friends bring other friends and so on...it's grooming and befriending...and why I trust very few people anymore.

Some of the persons who also testified were in the military with Tim. Again abusing the power he held....

There were no people attending the trials outside of the press...do not pass judgement unless you get the facts.

Bryan
Anonymous

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

What happened at the sentencing Friday Aug 12th? Anyone know?
Anonymous

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

I searched for sentencing info and found a mug shot from Florida 3 weeks ago. Arrested on a DUI outside of Canada......... interesting.
Bryan - A victim

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

There is no news...I have contacted the Chronically-Horrid and victim services today...I hope to get a reply tomorrow.
Bryan - A victim

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

"Sentencing was adjourned until Nov. 7 at 9:30 because of mixup in getting pre-sentence report done".
Thanks to reporter Steve Bruce of the Chronicle-Herald for this info.
Anonymous

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

My heart goes out to you Bryan. I hope you can find peace one day.....somehow. Bryan did you look at mug from 3+ weeks ago? http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Timothy_Fa...

Were there any travel restrictions imposed on him while sentencing decisions were being made?
Johnny

Lower Sackville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2011

TREW34 wrote:
My heart goes out to you Bryan. I hope you can find peace one day.....somehow. Bryan did you look at mug from 3+ weeks ago? http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/Timothy_Fa...
Were there any travel restrictions imposed on him while sentencing decisions were being made?
Different person, same name.
Bryan - A victim

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

TREW34 wrote:
As Johnny said..its a different person. If you google Farler there are many many Tim Farlers, but there is only one who keeps popping up in Nova Scotia news ..I assume there are restrictions...There is a supreme court challenge from 2008 posted on the NS courts website where it states he was unable to attend family deaths.

Thanks for your wishes...
Bryan - A victim

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

The mix up was due to a serious accident involving an officer of the court system...this is obviously no fault of anyone and hopefully he is fine.
amazed

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

Judged:

Bryan - A victim wrote:
"Sentencing was adjourned until Nov. 7 at 9:30 because of mixup in getting pre-sentence report done".
Thanks to reporter Steve Bruce of the Chronicle-Herald for this info.
ran into him the other day downtown Halifax, and couldnt believe he is still walking the streets, also cannot believe that Bourque Security has taken him back as an employee forcing people to work with him
We know all about you

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

Judged:

amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
ran into him the other day downtown Halifax, and couldnt believe he is still walking the streets, also cannot believe that Bourque Security has taken him back as an employee forcing people to work with him
We all know you did Kathy....you are nothing but a trouble maker
Does It Matter

Sydney, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

does anyone know what happened in sentencing ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eastern Passage Discussions

Search the Eastern Passage Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rehco Ltd. carpentry, renovations, hardwood flo... (Oct '10) Feb '13 CHARLIE 31
Rick's Rants Monday October... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Bob 1
Missing Arlene McLean Eastern Passage (Sep '09) Apr '12 Caper 5
Agent Orange Man who lost wife to cancer fights... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Dave 2
Sod turning for Eastern Passage Wastewater Trea... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bayman 1
Brothers charged in homicide denied bail (Jan '11) Jan '11 Guy 1
High winds, rain forecast for Monday (Jan '11) Jan '11 Guy 1
•••
•••