Deer Lake Man Sent to his Death by a Unsafe Ambulance

Posted in the Pynn's Brook Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Roy

Halifax, Canada

#1 Oct 28, 2012
Deer Lake young man sent to his death by a unsafe Ambulance from Hampden.

"The ambulance had a tire blow out and crossed over into the oncoming vehicle. All the tires on the ambulance were bald and the vehicle was not safety inspected.
The vehicle had a Nova Scotia inspection sticker on the windshield that expired June 2008. The driver and owner of the ambulance should be charged with criminal negligence causing death.
Where are our police, why aren't they doing their job and place charges in this unnecessary death.
I have pictures of the ambulance after the accident, it was nothing but a rust bucket waiting to kill someone and anyone wanting to see them can send me a email at: novacontainers@ns.sympatico.ca and I will be more that happy to send them. OMG what a waste of life for no reason.
The young man killed was on his way home from work. He had two young children, who are now without a father because of a unsafe ambulance that should not have been on the public roadways.........."

Here are some photos: Also, have photos of the other vehicle which may be too graphic..........
mel

Marystown, Canada

#2 Oct 30, 2012
thank you thank you who ever you are !! This info and pictures need to hit the media here for some justice to be done !!
Deer Lake Resident

Corner Brook, Canada

#3 Oct 30, 2012
This information needs to go to the Deer Lake RCMP...... Thank you for this info.
Deer Lake Resident

Corner Brook, Canada

#4 Oct 30, 2012
I totally agree with everyone what they r saying. But the police came back and siad it wasnt the ambulance????
Deer Lake Resident

Corner Brook, Canada

#5 Oct 30, 2012
Thank you for putting this info out <3
deer lake resident

Fredericton, Canada

#6 Oct 30, 2012
please remember that posting comments on what you "believe" happened may be hurting not helping the mother and children. please be careful what you assume, this girl and her children are going through a real heartbreak now. lets just hope the rcmp do what they are supposed to do and have some answers soon enough for his family. please be respectful as they are good friends of mine.
deer lake resident

Fredericton, Canada

#7 Oct 30, 2012
Roy wrote:
Deer Lake young man sent to his death by a unsafe Ambulance from Hampden.
"The ambulance had a tire blow out and crossed over into the oncoming vehicle. All the tires on the ambulance were bald and the vehicle was not safety inspected.
The vehicle had a Nova Scotia inspection sticker on the windshield that expired June 2008. The driver and owner of the ambulance should be charged with criminal negligence causing death.
Where are our police, why aren't they doing their job and place charges in this unnecessary death.
I have pictures of the ambulance after the accident, it was nothing but a rust bucket waiting to kill someone and anyone wanting to see them can send me a email at: novacontainers@ns.sympatico.ca and I will be more that happy to send them. OMG what a waste of life for no reason.
The young man killed was on his way home from work. He had two young children, who are now without a father because of a unsafe ambulance that should not have been on the public roadways.........."
Here are some photos: Also, have photos of the other vehicle which may be too graphic..........
How do u know this info?
CATHY Yates

Corner Brook, Canada

#8 Oct 30, 2012
This is very sad. I feel sorry for all who was involved in the tragedy. My condolences goes to the family of the young man who died in this accident.
mel

Marystown, Canada

#9 Oct 31, 2012
this isnt aimed to hurt anyone grieving its meant to make sure answers are givin full investigations are done and justice done for the mourners family
Hampden Resident

Corner Brook, Canada

#10 Oct 31, 2012
The Deer Lake RCMP investigated the scene the night of the accident and all four tires were still on both vehicles!! We are not a lazy, run down town! We take care of our emergency vehicles! Watch what you say because people do take offence! It was not the ambulance drivers fault!
Hampden Resident

Corner Brook, Canada

#11 Oct 31, 2012
Deer Lake Resident wrote:
This information needs to go to the Deer Lake RCMP...... Thank you for this info.
You do realize the RCMP were there the night of the accident right?! They have the information they need.. they have whatever pictures/information and don't need anyone else's! Get your stories straight. If this was Deer Lake ambulance it would be a different story.
mic

Campbellford, Canada

#12 Oct 31, 2012
What is the real story then?
Did the ambulance run into him or did he cross the line??
I am confused.
I do hope all info is discovered and used.
I hope it is not true that the ambulance is negligent and caused this....that would be very sad. I hope it gets solved and put to rest. For the family's sake.
And I think the police can figure it out.... since they were there...Who would think they wouldnt know this...??
Hampden Resident

Corner Brook, Canada

#13 Oct 31, 2012
mic wrote:
What is the real story then?
Did the ambulance run into him or did he cross the line??
I am confused.
I do hope all info is discovered and used.
I hope it is not true that the ambulance is negligent and caused this....that would be very sad. I hope it gets solved and put to rest. For the family's sake.
And I think the police can figure it out.... since they were there...Who would think they wouldnt know this...??
He crossed the line, the ambulance was not neglected in any way. The driver done their best to stay away from him but it was impossible. There's an article on VOCM that puts a rest to the rumor of the tire coming off
mel

Marystown, Canada

#14 Oct 31, 2012
if that was or is the case y is it a still on going investigation? i think that the point is we all want to hear without a shadow of a doubt what really happened
mel

Marystown, Canada

#15 Oct 31, 2012
ive just seen the pictures theres alot of rust and blown out tires which are also very bald
Resident

Corner Brook, Canada

#16 Oct 31, 2012
mel wrote:
ive just seen the pictures theres alot of rust and blown out tires which are also very bald
Where did you see this? Funny the RCMP didn't see it when they investigated. The vehicle is inspected annually, it didn't lose a tire. Until you have the right facts from the RCMP, keep comments to yourself.
Zach

Hampden, Canada

#17 Oct 31, 2012
mel wrote:
ive just seen the pictures theres alot of rust and blown out tires which are also very bald
Well by' id like to inform you to get your eyes checked because there was no rust on OUR ambulance. If the story was the other way around; a hampden man being killed by a Deerlake ambulance; i guesst they would make up something like he was loaded drunk, even when the odtopsy report said otherwise
Neil Collett

Montréal, Canada

#18 Oct 31, 2012
I think that those of you who are making crazy claims that the Hampden ambulance was a rust bucket, should at least out of respect for the family of the young man who lost his life get your facts right. Ambulances are good for 10 years or 500,000 km. I believe that this ambulance had 50,000km on it and was 5 years old. Why try to cause trouble when you don't know what you are talking about
Neil Collett

Montréal, Canada

#19 Oct 31, 2012
Portland Creek NL
Sad

Corner Brook, Canada

#20 Oct 31, 2012
It's sad that when people don't even know what they are talking about they get on like this. You have someone from Nova Scotia claiming to know more than the police and witnesses to the crash. I'm very sorry this man lost his life and I hope they find out what happened to make him cross the yellow line. :( If there is rust on the pics I hope one can prove it is the same ambulance since the ambulance in the accident was young and has to be inspected every year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pynn's Brook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Revised Opinion (Oct '12) Oct '12 Roy 1
Correct email address (Oct '12) Oct '12 Roy 1

Pynn's Brook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:30 am PST