Our Beefs and Bouquets cup overflowet...

Our Beefs and Bouquets cup overfloweth ...

There are 5 comments on the Comox Valley Echo story from Nov 7, 2008, titled Our Beefs and Bouquets cup overfloweth .... In it, Comox Valley Echo reports that:

MY BEEF is to who ever is responsible for repairing and installing the mammography equipment at our local hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Comox Valley Echo.

thankful driver

Canada

#1 Dec 28, 2008
I would like to send a bouquet to the person(s) who left a note on my van about expired insurance tags. I had forgotten to put the new tag on. Once again many thanks to this thoughtful person.
nadine scott

Comox, Canada

#2 Jan 9, 2009
A rotten lot of beefs to the irresponsible, rude & nasty dog owners in the community. You obviously think the entire community is a giant litter box. The nicest trails used to be behind the old graveyard off of Headquarters road. Now these lazy people have let their animals crap everywhere. You can't take more than 2 steps without running into piles of dog crap. There are signs up clearly stating that owners MUST clean up after their pets. They say dogs are dumb - but their still smarter than ignorant owners.

A bigger slimier more rotten beef to the unprofessional bitter old woman in A Gentler Time. You should learn your manners if you want to work with the public. Being rude to customers is NEVER okay. You make & break appointments without calling, misrepresent the age or origin of many items, imply that your clients are an irritant, you imply that we lie to you & force clients to come in 5 or 6 times because you're so disorganized. Your referring to several of my items as VULGAR was totally uncalled for & rude. I used to be an excellent customer shopping every week, & bringing in antiques that paid you 60-80%. NEVER AGAIN
tip from brother -in-law

Campbell River, Canada

#3 Jan 16, 2009
re:piles of dog crap
put a little bacon grease on the
poop and the next dog will eat it.
problem solved.
just sit back and watch.
Pedestrian

Vancouver, Canada

#4 Jun 23, 2009
This is a bouquet wrapped in a beef here, but I find myself being a pedestrian in the Ryan Road/North Island Highway intersection quite a bit, and I gotta say that intersection is a freakin' death trap for people in the crosswalks, and its not the city's fault the only thing they could do to stop you idiots now is lay down spike strips... Anyways, parking in a crosswalk, your not allowed, going into an intersection if you can't clear it, your not allowed, changing lanes in an intersection, your not allowed, making the left turn when there isn't a left turn arrow lit up, not allowed, and I think I need repeat the first one, your not allowed to park on a crosswalk, even if its only for a minute, you force the people that normally use it, to walk into traffic, furthermore, if you see the numbskull in front of you has parked on the crosswalk, stay back so either a: numbskull can backup, or b: the pedestrian can cross in front of you as opposed to walking into traffic.
But I would like to say thank you to all of the courteous drivers of Courtenay, you people actually realize that patience will A: help you live longer B: Make you a happier person and C: help keep hair on your head and mine.
C_Cameron

Comox, Canada

#5 Aug 12, 2009
Freezer burned beef to the comox MMeat store for using bad judgement on a (once) very regular customer.
Last week, at the end of the day, I went to make a quick purchase, but was also carrying a 10 lb sweet little dog,that had just been dropped off at my workplace. I was puppy-sitting.
As it was the hottest day of the season to date,I did not want to risk leaving the dog in the car with the windows open, for fear she might get stolen, so I carried her in my arms.
I opened the store door and asked if it was ok to make a purchase. The owner said, no, we dont allow dogs on the store. Perhaps you could have understood the situation, and asked if there was something you could get for me, while I waited at the door, but you didnt do that either.
I have to laugh because I work as a pet groomer, and have always come in covered in dog hair.
My 4-legged friend was cleaner than I am at the end of any day!
BTW,the week before when I was in, I was very offended by a man who was in the store, who was wearing a loose tank top, and had the most offensive body odor, that I almost left.
I find it all quite oxymoronic.
You may have your "rules" ect, but I still think you should have used a better judgement call on that day. All (my) customers enjoy hearing the story tho.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Courtenay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clark announces B.C.'s lofty goal to become Can... (Oct '12) Jul 6 mike 3
Courtenay Computer Repair (Jan '15) Jan '15 Courtenay Compute... 1
News Dead orca was pregnant with full-term fetus (Dec '14) Dec '14 Observation 2
News Air Canada returning to Comox Valley Airport (Dec '14) Dec '14 ScAir Canada 1
News Storm puts Courtenay, B.C., in state of emergen... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Flooding 1
News BC Hydro keeping close eye on coming storms (Dec '14) Dec '14 Flooding 1
News Mayor Jangula declares state of emergency (Dec '14) Dec '14 Flooding 1
More from around the web