Gun enthusiast decries loss of shooting sites

Jun 19, 2010 Full story: Burnaby Now

Burnaby resident Jeremy Roberts used to be able to drive to a shooting range within five minutes of his place.

Full Story

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 19, 2010
Article wrote:
Burnaby's three gun ranges were ordered to close. Now, Roberts has to drive 35 minutes to the Port Coquitlam and District Hunt and Fishing Club, the only outdoor gun range left in Metro Vancouver.
I drive sixty minutes to the best trap range (free), and 75 minutes to the only plinking pit ($25.00/person). A good $4.00/person outdoor target range is 100 minutes away.

An indoor pistol range is 15 minutes away and cost $10.00 plus their ammo.

What I like the best : A large empty unsupervised 24/7 plinking range without any rules (except cleanup).

My favorite place to shoot is the free unsupervised trap range (it really is a wonderful place to shoot shotshell/trap). Sometimes the best things in life are free. It's provided by the State of Illinois (some of the things govt does, it does a good job).

http://www.burnabynow.com/news/enthusiast+dec...

I agree noise can be a problem. So how to make a good place to shoot, any bullet, any gun, any target, at anytime on any day by anyone who wants to:

Locate it as far away as possible (not more than one hour drive), and dig it out and pile dirt to create a large sky high berm. One hundred yards minimum long and wide (wider is good too). Good parking (gravel is completely acceptable for parking and for walkways and the firing line). I don't want it too fancy (it would attract high society types that support gun control laws and rules. People like Tuco, GPM, eternal cynic, etc.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coquitlam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PoCo residents get a new recycling option Dec 8 Matt Dalek 1
Richmond non-profit makes most of empty homes Dec 1 dunbar 1
Megacity model called unlikely, risky Nov '14 Lisa 1
'Three amigos' learning on the road to FCM Nov '14 Blind River 1
What about a seabus between Maple Ridge to New ... Nov '14 captian 2
Give religious freedom!!!!!! Oct '14 kikicruse 1
$1.3-million Richmond grow-op home forfeited; j... (Aug '13) Aug '14 RESISTANCE IS FUTILE 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:48 pm PST