Collingwood homes evacuated because of landslide on Blue Mountain

Mar 15, 2012 Read more: The Toronto Star

Residents of at least two dozen Collingwood homes have been asked to evacuate because of a landslide coming down Blue Mountain.

Read more
SkiBum

Mississauga, Canada

#1 Mar 15, 2012
The landslide is actually on the ALpine Ski CLub portion just the other side of Craigleith Ski Club. I saw it today and it is scary stuff. A number of houses could be in imminent danger if more rain occurs tonight.
WTF

Barrie, Canada

#2 Feb 15, 2013
COLLINGWOOD A civilian employee at the Collingwood OPP detachment has been charged with theft.

The 46-year-old Collingwood woman was charged on Thursday afternoon with theft under $5,000. According to OPP, the theft involved currency.

The woman is scheduled to appear in court on March 26.

The investigation was conducted by members of the OPP Professional Standards Bureau Central Region.

OPP spokesperson Sgt. Peter Leon said the woman worked in an administrative assistant role. He was unable to say how long she had been employed, either with the OPP or at the local detachment.

Specific details surrounding the theft will not be released by police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collingwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Good tunes just a short drive from Toronto (Aug '14) Aug '14 Kijiji ad scams r... 1
News MacPherson Builders Releases Final Homes of Cur... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Erin 1
Deadbeat "Dad" in Collingwood (Feb '14) Feb '14 YourArmchairPsych... 2
News Rona closing four GTA stores (Jul '13) Dec '13 Arosa 2
News Recovery uncertain for remains of three Canadia... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Ron 1
News Collingwood town officials face OPP probe (Mar '13) Mar '13 smelled there sin... 1
News Antarctica trio remembered at South Pole (Jan '13) Jan '13 paul SHYKORA arts 2
More from around the web