Sunny Boy cereal
Dorell

Victoria, Canada

#1 Jan 31, 2009
I have looked in 3 stores and can't find the Sunny Boy cereal. Are you not making it anymore?
John hamon

Kindersley, Canada

#2 Feb 10, 2009
It is sold under the name "Red River Cereal." (by Robin Hood Mills??) Ingredients are the same.
John hamon

Kindersley, Canada

#3 Feb 10, 2009
Sunny Boy is still availabel under the name of Red River Cereal. It is a mix of cracked wjeat, rye and whole flax!
Paul

Appleton, WI

#4 Mar 11, 2009
Red River Cereal is a "close" replacement; but it does not have the exact same ingredient mixture as Sunny Boy.
Hayseed

Georgetown, KY

#5 Mar 11, 2009
Like to have some of that, can ya get it on line?
faithful

Edmonton, Canada

#6 May 11, 2009
John hamon wrote:
Sunny Boy is still availabel under the name of Red River Cereal. It is a mix of cracked wjeat, rye and whole flax!
Red River cereal is NOT sunny boy!! You can get this creal at COOP.
Chris

Calgary, Canada

#7 Mar 31, 2010
I just purchased a bag of Sunny Boy Cereal from Costco in Calgary on March 30th 2010.
The real thing , not Red River.
Duanne

Edmonton, Canada

#9 Dec 7, 2010
Sunny Boy cereal is produced by Schroeder Milling in Camrose, Alberta, Canada. They started making it again about 6 years ago after being off the market for about 10.
rachel

Edmonton, Canada

#10 Jul 8, 2011
Sunny Boy Cereal is not Red River Cereal. Click the link (or type address)for stores currently selling. http://sunnyboyfoods.com/where-to-buy
rachel

Edmonton, Canada

#11 Jul 8, 2011
Dorell wrote:
I have looked in 3 stores and can't find the Sunny Boy cereal. Are you not making it anymore?
http://sunnyboyfoods.com/where -to-buy
Planet Foods Inc Calgary

Calgary, Canada

#12 Aug 15, 2011
Dorell wrote:
Hi there, I know this is an old Post, but Sunny Boy Cereal is still available. We are the distributors in Western Canada. www.planetfoods.ca Feel free to send in a request email and we will put you in touch with the sales rep in your area for a list of local stores that carry the extensive line of sunny boy cereals!
Freda Stewart - Calgary

Calgary, Canada

#13 Oct 16, 2011
Grew up on Sunny Boy and loved the stuff. Can anyone provide the history of the original mill which was built. Who built it, its capacity etc. The history of this kind of mill is important for me because my great uncle travelled across Canada to various places building these mills and I am trying to track them down.
Ron Olson

Edmonton, Canada

#14 Jan 16, 2012
Freda Stewart - Calgary wrote:
Grew up on Sunny Boy and loved the stuff. Can anyone provide the history of the original mill which was built. Who built it, its capacity etc. The history of this kind of mill is important for me because my great uncle travelled across Canada to various places building these mills and I am trying to track them down.
I am born in Camrose, Alberta the home of Sunny Boy prior to moving its head office to Edmonton where I reside now. The original builder of the mill was commissioned by a company called Buyers Flour Mill with the idea of producing a finished product to local consumers. Some of the older buildings still stand in the area but has been updated and expanded since. I hope this helps a little. You could search the Buyers family in Camrose and see if you find more of what you are looking for.
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#15 Oct 15, 2012
...I's remember it ..in me farm-childhood,days...eh....go od...(+)..yada u ..LOV'yha....$$$..shalom
SHYKORA ARTs paul

Calgary, Canada

#16 Oct 29, 2012
..WOW..We ''all'' just In ..LOVE....with Sunny Boy and RED River cerels',here....we are in Love,here...eh sigh...yada u u..joy..
Bob Byers

Truro, Canada

#17 Aug 7, 2013
Correct name spelling as above. The first mill came from New Annan N.S. in 1926, started by my grandfather before 1900. More data available on request.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hookers in Camrose May 17 Saif 8
News Curfew is a good idea (Oct '06) Mar '15 dybacsv 203
News QuickList: Sobeys, Foodland, IGA, Safeway store... (Jun '14) Jun '14 IGA 1
News Union workers at Alberta Real Canadian Supersto... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
News Union workers at Alberta Real Canadian Supersto... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ted 1
News Union workers at Alberta Real Canadian Supersto... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jeff 1
Moving to camrose (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dave 1
More from around the web