Police college finalists named

Police college finalists named

There are 39 comments on the The Calgary Herald story from Jul 15, 2006, titled Police college finalists named. In it, The Calgary Herald reports that:

Just four rural communities remain in the running to become home to Alberta's police college, having beaten out some big-city contenders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Calgary Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Nicklin

Lac La Biche, Canada

#21 Nov 16, 2006
There will, in fact, be fewer places to train police officers as the new college will take over police trianing from several other institutions across the province. Be that as it may, people should be happy that this matter is dealt with, a single point of entry to police training will be a good thing. And yes, people need to get over whatever hangups they have with the choice of location and move on.
John Nicklin

Lac La Biche, Canada

#22 Nov 16, 2006
Lac La Biche and Lakeland County put forward the proposal, hence it was called the Lac La Biche proposal. Plamondon was onside, judging from the letters of support received from the community. Just for clarification, Plamondon is a hamlet in Lakeland County. The lake that the proposed college site was adjancent to is called Lac La Biche, so its reasonable to call it the Lac La Biche proposal.
An interested observer wrote:
To Kelvin from Boyle,
I appreciate your frustration with those who mistook the location of the police college finalists with one of the finalists as lac la biche, but perhaps you should direct your anger to all of the media who were so eager to earmark Lac La Biche as the centre for the police college...and there was comment from people in lac la biche about the college going up there...seems that even if it was to be Plamondon, lac la biche still garners the publicity....where was Plamondon on the issue? Silent! Perhaps you shouldn't be so bitter with those who disagreed with the college going to lac la biche...if Plamondon couldn't advertise their pride...& lac la biche did...maybe it's a good thing the college went to fort macleod...it isn't anyone's fault that Plamondon didn't advertise their role in geography...But it seems the reaction from people up your way is as sensitive about anyone else ...at least about the location being lac la biche!
Lac La Biche resident

Strathmore, Canada

#23 Jun 14, 2007
Apparently Lac La Biche made a really good proposal, since geographically, they weren't exactly central. I joked that they should have it here because there are lots of places to practice. OK, not lots of places - a couple of areas with a LOT of crime, other places with none at all.
A person of interest

Edmonton, Canada

#24 Aug 5, 2007
You should'nt judge a book by it's cover.The mayor is innocent until proven guilty!!!I grew up in Lac La Biche.I think it has lot's of potential and if you don't give it a chance,how can you see positive results.Congrats to Ft Macleod!!!
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#26 Apr 28, 2008
A person of interest wrote:
You should'nt judge a book by it's cover.The mayor is innocent until proven guilty!!!I grew up in Lac La Biche.I think it has lot's of potential and if you don't give it a chance,how can you see positive results.Congrats to Ft Macleod!!!
...agree....eh.
wise one

Lac La Biche, Canada

#27 Apr 29, 2008
Thanks for the reminder. It happens to be the current leadership that f....d that up as well. Nice record!!

Since: Mar 08

Lac La Biche, Canada

#28 Apr 29, 2008
yep.

once a farmer, always a farmer

no coporate expereince or education !:)

just plain old farm boy going nowhere

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sure has a lot of people speaking out

i am sure the county will pay

for another grand speach prepared and mailed on
\

the back of tax payers

i can see it,

his throne speach, or was that dump speach?

hheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
El Residente

Bonnyville, Canada

#29 May 1, 2008
Are you indicating that you, perchance, have more education that the current county administrators? Because to tell you the truth, it's not exactly obvious, if it's the case. If you want people to take you seriously, write clearly, remain on the topic, don't cross your information from discussion to discussion and try to edit a little before you post. Just some suggestions to try to clarify the (your?) issues.

Lac La Biche, Canada

#30 May 1, 2008
I do have much more corporate experince - than the aforementioned, nevertheless, I do get your point about cross topic discussions; likewise, will attempt to make it SIMPLE for you to follow

Since: May 08

Lac La Biche, Canada

#31 May 1, 2008
why is there so much back biting here?
El Residente

Red Deer, Canada

#32 May 1, 2008
Oh, we all hate each other!

No, I'm kidding (well, I HOPE I'm kidding). I just get peeved when people attack people for things like being "just a farmer". Some of the most capable and skilled people I have ever known have been farmers. People make choices about their lives based on a lot more than how it's going to look to a certain social echelon. Everyone, I believe, is doing their best to work out what to do in these situations and it is very easy to sit on your computer in (reasonable) anonymity and spout off criticisms and insults. It's just not very productive. Let's problem solve here people! Well, maybe not on the Police College Finalists thread - we have kind of wandered off on that one. That's so last year.

I was glad to see that Hollywood Dude can write clearly when he chooses and hope that we can have many civilized discussions in the future.

Lac La Biche, Canada

#33 May 2, 2008
you are right, the Police College is somewhat of a moot point, esp since it is over 365 sleeps old.

points very well taken; spouting off criticisms and insults is problematic, childish

apology to all - esp the farmer......
dHat Pawlo

Calgary, Canada

#34 May 2, 2008
Hollywoodal wrote:
yep.
once a farmer, always a farmer
no coporate expereince or education !:)
just plain old farm boy going nowhere
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
sure has a lot of people speaking out
i am sure the county will pay
for another grand speach prepared and mailed on
\
the back of tax payers
i can see it,
his throne speach, or was that dump speach?
hheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
long live all the farmers,toooo booot...eh..
lil bitty

Shanghai, China

#35 Jan 7, 2009
Martine wrote:
It's too bad more people weren't just plain old happy that there will be more places to train police officers.
All those areas are ghetto
duh

Lac La Biche, Canada

#36 Jan 7, 2009
you can't blame them for not picking LLB - guaranteed it wouldn't have cost us $1, it would be good for the community and the cancers in the community would find a reason to oppose it.

Do you think this communities reputation had anything to do with not getting it?
when you cannot sleep

Lac La Biche, Canada

#37 Jan 7, 2009
nobody opposed it , they picked a more historical spot thats all
wise one

Lac La Biche, Canada

#38 Jan 8, 2009
When are we going to start placing the blame squarely on the ineffective leaders who let the ball drop on this issue also. But I guess it's easier to blame the good citizens of our county once again.
bob nation

Montréal, Canada

#39 Jan 8, 2009
I'm getting the implant my wife will be so happy
suckasssss

Lac La Biche, Canada

#40 Jan 8, 2009
bob nation wrote:
I'm getting the implant my wife will be so happy
a new monkey brain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sunny Boy cereal (Jan '09) Apr '17 dude 17
Your Quality Wee d / Hashes & Meds in Camrose (Mar '17) Mar '17 Jason 2
Hookers in Camrose (Jan '15) Jan '17 Big guy 16
Cassie (Jan '17) Jan '17 Cheated on 1
help my daughter (Oct '15) Oct '15 Hubby of the moment 4
News Curfew is a good idea (Oct '06) Mar '15 dybacsv 203
News QuickList: Sobeys, Foodland, IGA, Safeway store... (Jun '14) Jun '14 IGA 1
More from around the web