Police shut down Facebook site naming...

Police shut down Facebook site naming accused cat killers 1 hour ago

There are 8 comments on the Ottawa Citizen story from Jan 7, 2008, titled Police shut down Facebook site naming accused cat killers 1 hour ago. In it, Ottawa Citizen reports that:

“They will all get their faces smashed in by January 6th.”

Four teens charged with killing a cat in a microwave oven during a house break-in in Camrose, Alta., were named recently on the popular Internet website Facebook, along with postings that included threats of ... via Ottawa Citizen

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ottawa Citizen.

Tony from Perth Australia

Australia

#1 Jan 7, 2008
This has made the news here in Australia. This thing happens all over the world, we get these sick people here as well. I personally would name them publicly and put a photo in the local media so that people know what these people have done. Communities need to know who is committing crime such as this. It is for the community to sort these problems out.
Exterminator

Canada

#2 Jan 9, 2008
For punishment of these kids, I would like to do to them, what Bob Barker always preaches. "Castrate" them, this way there defective gene, will not be passed. And we won't have to worry about the future sex crimes that awaits there future.
animal supporter

Salmon Arm, Canada

#3 Jan 9, 2008
I, myself, own three beautiful cats and three awesome dogs. If anything as horrible as that ever happened to even one of my pets, you'd probably find a vigilante on the loose These four teen boys should be committed to Alberta Hospital and get plugged in for a few years. It saddens me emensely the horrific pain the cat endured and the tears and grief the owners are going through. It makes me sick too, the one mother defending her son,if he's so good why would she allow him to hang out with these others, especially a kid that lit his brother on fire? gimme a break, and save the sob story for the village idiot. their names should be published, why not? Maybe it'll save the next door neighbors cat, or the little old lady's poodle down the street, these kids are obviously a danger to animals, and who knows maybe one day they might choose to nuke someones baby. SICK DEMENTED FREAKS!!!!!!
Anne Wiggens

Canada

#4 Sep 6, 2008
Animal Lover
Nanaimo, Canada
Where is the SPCA and the Humane Society in all of this? It has been shown that kids who torture innocent animals have no sense of empathy or moral or social conscience. These kids invariably go on to transfer this lack of empathy to humans, usually the most vulnerable ones because they are always bullies as well. The community of Canmore is one day going to regret that youth justice is so out of touch with today's reality
anonymous

Calgary, Canada

#5 Sep 9, 2008
Thank you Anne for your post. I agree. There needs to be tougher consequences especially for the boy who was the ringleader. Probably the whole thing started out as a game and got really out of hand.
But A 16 year old who burns his younger brother and breaks into a home and tortures a helpless creature, trashes the house and scrawls a message about it on the wall..I mean this is serious, OBVIOUSLY HE'S MENTAL.
carol

Calgary, Canada

#6 Sep 15, 2008
I DON'T CARE IF HE IS MENTAL THEN HE SHOULD BE LOCKED UP FOREVER WITH A HUGE TIGER WITH LONG CLAWS THAT SLOWLY SHREDS HIM INTO TINY LITTLE PIECES PAINFULLY!!!
carol

Calgary, Canada

#7 Sep 15, 2008
And ''THEY" say they are sane? If they throw them in jail forever!!!!!
carol

Calgary, Canada

#8 Sep 26, 2008
I am done talking about this sad case if it was my cat i would never let these sick frrrr"s forget!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cassie (Jan '17) Mar '18 Old boyfriend 2
Hookers in Camrose (Jan '15) Mar '18 Old boyfriend 21
Sunny Boy cereal (Jan '09) Apr '17 dude 17
Your Quality Wee d / Hashes & Meds in Camrose (Mar '17) Mar '17 Jason 2
help my daughter (Oct '15) Oct '15 Hubby of the moment 4
News Curfew is a good idea (Oct '06) Mar '15 dybacsv 203
News QuickList: Sobeys, Foodland, IGA, Safeway store... (Jun '14) Jun '14 IGA 1