Camrose crash deadly

May 4, 2009 Full story: Edmonton Sun

A 31-year-old Camrose man is dead after a single-vehicle car crash early yesterday.

Full Story
Kim Huculiak

Wetaskiwin, Canada

#1 May 5, 2009
On your story for Wednesday May 6,2009 - on the "Wild Horses" that were shot.

I am appalled that people in Alberta would do such a horrific thing. We have so little in Canada that follows tradition and these horses are already far and few between. To see them in the wild is rare and a beautiful site. The person or persons who did this must have tracked the horses and then when the herd broke up took out the mares, chances are they were with foals or had already given birth and now their foals will not survive another loss to a tragic waste. "Wild Horse" foals already have a high mortality rate, and at this rate it won't take long before there are no "Wild Horses" left. They will become extinct just like the dinosaurs and the horses used in rodeos are not "Wild Horses" they are bred and raised at ranches where the genetic traces of their "wild" ancestory no longer exist.
Plus the "Wild Horses" are mentioned alot in the CBS show "Heartland" which many Albertans watch as it is made in the Calgary area. For the couple trying to save them you can contact me and I will try my best to help. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camrose Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
QuickList: Sobeys, Foodland, IGA, Safeway store... Jun '14 IGA 1
Union workers at Alberta Real Canadian Supersto... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
Union workers at Alberta Real Canadian Supersto... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ted 1
Union workers at Alberta Real Canadian Supersto... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jeff 1
Sunny Boy cereal (Jan '09) Aug '13 Bob Byers 16
Moving to camrose (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dave 1
Alta. growers catching up on seeding (Jun '13) Jun '13 paul SHYKORA artist 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••