MODEMODELS - modelling agency - any g...
Hans

Albany, OR

#82 Apr 24, 2009
I'm 20 years old and am just now about to start working with mode.. is it too late? is it a waste of my time? or should I still go for it?
PAUL SHYKORA ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#83 Apr 25, 2009
Hans wrote:
I'm 20 years old and am just now about to start working with mode.. is it too late? is it a waste of my time? or should I still go for it?
..Hey man....have an ''honest'' TALK with MODE Model Agency....and be ''honest'' about yous' own plans and needs...The Agency is not all ...dhat bad!!!....eh.....they are GOOD,too.....eh....yada u...eh...
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#84 May 9, 2009
....WE MUST...Support ''all'' of the ART's within romantic Alberta,toooooooo booooot....eh....yada u..thankyou..
Flex Photography_Onta rio

Mildmay, Canada

#85 May 10, 2009
Be aware that no reputable agency needs any money up-front from you!! They should only be paid as a percentage of the jobs they get for you! It's like a real estate agent! You only pay them if they sell your house! No sale,(modeling job) no pay! You should not have to use "their photographer"! There are some "agencies" more interested in getting hundreds and thousands of dollars from you by selling you expensive "courses" that you don't need!
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#86 May 11, 2009
Flex Photography_Ontario wrote:
Be aware that no reputable agency needs any money up-front from you!! They should only be paid as a percentage of the jobs they get for you! It's like a real estate agent! You only pay them if they sell your house! No sale,(modeling job) no pay! You should not have to use "their photographer"! There are some "agencies" more interested in getting hundreds and thousands of dollars from you by selling you expensive "courses" that you don't need!
...YES...GOOD...OKAY....BUT... .Who pays for the model-training???..it is NOT ALL just on good looks...eh..??....
No Name

Fort Mcmurray, Canada

#87 May 11, 2009
I've heard Numa was a good agancy and i am planning on sending my photos there!
shykora us 3

Calgary, Canada

#88 May 19, 2009
...WE NEVER ''HEARD'' of ....Numa...eh??....yada u.....eh..
No Name

Fort Mcmurray, Canada

#89 Jun 7, 2009
If you havent heard of Numa then go to there website.
Paul Shykora

Calgary, Canada

#90 Jun 8, 2009
No Name wrote:
If you havent heard of Numa then go to there website.
...AHHHhh...smart girl....eh...thankyoys'...eh.. .yada u..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bonzi Photography

Calgary, Canada

#91 Jul 2, 2009
WARNING any model wanted to further their career as a model, should NEVER do TFP which is "Time For Print"

No Professional Photographer does TFP,so always be mindfull of quality control of your photos, and photos that are floatng around of you. Its funny though, everyone says don't pay agencies to manage you or groom you, but then you have to ask yourselves how do photographers,make-up artists, and Stylists make a living? Get real.

Mode is ok, they only do Internatinal Models though... And if your not one of their TOP models, they could care less about who you are, only about money there. They also shoot in the same back alley they have fr 10 years...

NUMA Does International, Talent, has Make Up School and has their own Photo Studio, putting on Fashion Shows and Works with the highest paying clients around. Don't get it twisted NUMA has this city on lock down, nobody does anything to the quality or extent of NUMA.
Christi

Calgary, Canada

#92 Jul 2, 2009
I went to Numa, they were so nice!:) and their prices for things were resonable compared to the other agencies I have been to.

The cool thing was they found me a job before I even had my first photoshoot or industry prep done, and had no previous expereince or portfolio!

Numa A++
Numa info

Vancouver, Canada

#94 Jul 21, 2009
Numa is a great agency, they want health and wellness not just bucks, they are willing to work with all shapes and sizes. they have international sending as well and good local work.
i worked with them for a bit and didnt have any complaints.
mom

Portland, OR

#95 Jul 31, 2009
memememe wrote:
im not to sure about them. im with the portland branch and havent done much. but i just turned 13 like amonth ago so i think they might just not want to move to fast. anyone know?
Did they ask you to pay for anything/
pAUL sHYKORA aRTS

Calgary, Canada

#96 Aug 1, 2009
HEY....I's say MODEL's should be at ''16'' to start into this Fashion Field!!...Not any younger,toooooo booot.....The hillbilly billy farmboy has spoken...yada u...eh..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sHYKORA Us 3

Calgary, Canada

#97 Aug 6, 2009
..YES....16 AND UP...18 is Legal age.....eh...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Emilee

United States

#98 Sep 9, 2009
I'm going in for an interview in portland tomorrow.. I believe I have an international look and can make this a profitable lifestyle for myself, but I have always been freelance, never signed with an agency before.. what should I be weary of ? I can't afford 100's of dollar photo shoots.. i already have professional photos.. so should I forget it if they ask me to take more photos?
Leslie

Calgary, Canada

#99 Sep 28, 2009
aspiring model wrote:
Any advice on the local ModeModels modelling agency; comments, advice, thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks =)
I think the agency is great for models who are willing to travel and be international. If you are just a local model then it's really not worth spending the money and time to get the photo shoot done. They definitely pay more attention to their international models because in hindsight they are the "money-makers". If you are looking to do local modeling look elsewhere because Mode really doesn't care about their local models, they just want your money.
the phantom artist

Calgary, Canada

#100 Oct 9, 2009
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the agency is great for models who are willing to travel and be international. If you are just a local model then it's really not worth spending the money and time to get the photo shoot done. They definitely pay more attention to their international models because in hindsight they are the "money-makers". If you are looking to do local modeling look elsewhere because Mode really doesn't care about their local models, they just want your money.
...and..there is very/sleazy-corrupt THE DARK-Side...to the fashion industry....more later...only the shadow knows.....

“Too Wierd 2 Live 2 Rare to Die”

Since: Oct 09

Leeds

#101 Oct 11, 2009
Just be careful, Common sense really
Tanya Parsons

Bend, OR

#103 Oct 23, 2009
Hello,
My 5 yr old daughter has an interview with Mode Portland next week and I am just wondering what we should expect as far as the interview, the process, fees etc. Thank You.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calgary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the Word of Life Church a cult? (Aug '10) 13 hr Pastor Nickars - ... 132
KEVIN is LEERY - Caught Hiding Money in Panama ! Fri Kevin a Bit Short 4
O'LEERY Revealed as A+W Commercial Guy ! .. KHA... Fri Kevin a Bit Short 6
FIRE FIGHTER APHARTHEID in Canada ! Fri White Bigot - ALB... 2
The FIX is IN - CALGARY COP's Son given Probati... Fri NO TRIALS for the... 2
Firefighters needed to pull stuck Barney head o... Jun 23 They KILLED Kenney 1
Neil Chandran Real or Fake (Dec '13) Jun 21 Taken 90
More from around the web