MODEMODELS - modelling agency - any g...
Mayumi

Portland, OR

#21 Aug 4, 2008
I just got my first portfolio shoot, which costs 500 bucks! After that they say I will be able to start work and be placed with other agencies interested in me. They are legit and professional for making someone go from nothing to an Icon like they have for many top models in the world today. Just do your research, so you know what your getting into!
til

Spruce Grove, Canada

#22 Sep 3, 2008
I think it is all a scam .It might work for some.All they want is your money and Internet fees.They charge you if you want your picture on Modes web sight .Also it can take up to 6 months to get paid from them .They will also try to get you to do as many free jobs as they can. It makes them look better.you spend the day at a job and you will only get payed for the time you are walking down the catwalk. I spent 8 hours at a job and only got payed for 2 . If you are not a top model it isn't worth the time.

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#23 Sep 3, 2008
til wrote:
I think it is all a scam .It might work for some.All they want is your money and Internet fees.They charge you if you want your picture on Modes web sight .Also it can take up to 6 months to get paid from them .They will also try to get you to do as many free jobs as they can. It makes them look better.you spend the day at a job and you will only get payed for the time you are walking down the catwalk. I spent 8 hours at a job and only got payed for 2 . If you are not a top model it isn't worth the time.
Guess my cousin and sister are top models then, they were both placed in Europe and it hasn't cost them much to do so. Honestly it's not a scam, you can check out my cousin Evan White he's in a lot of ads here in Canada and in Europe, he's currently doing a shoot in Korea.
PAUL SHYKORA ART

Calgary, Canada

#24 Sep 3, 2008
YES!!....I's do agree... that ONLY AFTER a Model makes it...gets the Big pay,toooo booot!!!Is it fair?...NO!!In all the ARTS ...It is the same in ''all'' the Arts,tooooo boooo!!.I's DO know..about this UNFAIR GAME......eh...
PAUL SHYKORA ART

Calgary, Canada

#25 Sep 3, 2008
BE HONEST.....Only ''2 %''. in any of the ARTS,.....so call make it...BIG!!!......eh....
William Bell

Medicine Hat, Canada

#26 Sep 10, 2008
If you are looking for a test shoot ($30) or a more extensive shoot then I can help you with images to present.

You can check out some of my work at
http://rsvpphotoportfolios.blogspot.com/

I will meet with you with no charge and no obligation to prepare for your shoot.

[email protected]
paul shykora art

Calgary, Canada

#27 Sep 11, 2008
GOOD!!....William Bell......comes along with a helping hand,in the ARTS WORLD,with moderate rates,tooooo boooot!!Remember dhat nothing is for free!!Thankyous'!!!GOD Bless...thankyous'....ONWARD.. ....eh.....yada u.
sbee

Calgary, Canada

#28 Sep 18, 2008
I am going to an orientation I was called in for tomorrow. I just want to know how much did you guys pay to get started, including the shoot and the portfolio? Do you need a portfolio when you just start?
paul shykora art

Calgary, Canada

#29 Sep 19, 2008
sbee wrote:
I am going to an orientation I was called in for tomorrow. I just want to know how much did you guys pay to get started, including the shoot and the portfolio? Do you need a portfolio when you just start?
GO AND ask William Bell....GOD Bless..''GOOD LUCK''....Onward......eh....ya da u.
starkissed

Calgary, Canada

#30 Sep 23, 2008
Mode is great
coni

Blackfalds, Canada

#31 Oct 4, 2008
Yes Mode is a real and legitimate modeling agency (not a school). Both my daughters are with Mode (16 & 11). The older one is being marketed internationally. Although she has not yet gotten an international contract, I do believe Mode is working for her. To start ( when she was 14 ) yes we did pay for her photo shoots, which range from 250-500. Mode needs to know you are marketable based on your photo's, before they can commit to you. Yes you pay to be on the website, but not until they begin marketing you internationally. Don't forget, as a model you are basically self employed. All business' have to pay to market themselves to get work. This industry is no different. Now that my daughter is the right age and ready to travel , they are promoting her. Yes many of the local jobs are free, but you get to keep the photo's from the shoots and gain invaluable experience at the runway shows. Consider it "training" . Mode has recently arranged for "Creative" photo shoots for my daughter. She doesn't get paid for them in the form of money but gets the photo's which she can use for her book to promote her.

Remember nothing is free and nothing worth having comes easy and nothing is a guarantee. My daughter may go through all of this and still not get an international contract..who knows. But she is having fun in the process. Enjoy the journey for as long as it lasts.
dHat Pawlo Art

Calgary, Canada

#32 Oct 4, 2008
GOOD POINTERs...Coni....But...being 18 is the ''doing business'' age.Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!GOD Bless....ONWARD....eh...yada u.
Coni

Blackfalds, Canada

#33 Oct 6, 2008
Happy thanksgiving back at ya!
Coni

Blackfalds, Canada

#34 Oct 8, 2008
18 maybe the average age for models beginning their career, I don't know. I am just a mom of a model. I don't know the ins and outs of the industry and can only speak to my daughters experiences, but I know of several 16 yrs olds that were signed this summer in NY, through Mode, who were working at NY fashion week.- Court Baker, Kim McCullough are just a couple. It depends on your look, maturity, ability to travel etc. It is not dependent solely on age. We have been advised that each market has it's own age restriction. I believe NY is 16. Anyway there are lots of 16 year olds working and traveling in this industry.
Straw

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#35 Oct 16, 2008
Modemodels seems to have a LOT of girls under contract.

Do they still do the big model searches twice a year?
paul shykora

Calgary, Canada

#36 Oct 17, 2008
Coni wrote:
Happy thanksgiving back at ya!
BE BOLD....Happy Hellowe'en,tooooo booot!!!THE FASHION WORLD is ''BIG'' Business,cosmetics and all......eh.
Paul Shykora Arts

Calgary, Canada

#38 Nov 10, 2008
ALL of Yous',here,are so......positive.....GOD Bless....Onward.....GOD Bless....LOV'yha....good eat'n and social-cultured-class......eh. ...
Michaela

Calgary, Canada

#39 Nov 11, 2008
hey you no that i am a model yaya me
Thom

Edmonton, Canada

#40 Nov 11, 2008
Mode's reputation is second to none in Western Canada. Just look at their blog as evidence enough. I know a lot of people with them and it's all very worth it. For all you have to pay for in your first few months, within a year of the few local bookings that are available it's paid off and then some. Not saying you'll have millions off of local work, but it's a nice side gig from time to time.

Not being skinny and working there has NOTHING to do with it. Just wait until you see other employees...
Portlandgirl

Eugene, OR

#41 Nov 13, 2008
There are different types of modeling. But for internationally they usually have measurement requirements. Like no bigger than a 35'' hip. And yes you do have to pay for a shoot or even two sometimes to start your book. But if they tell you that you can work I would trust them. They are a very good agency. I have been with them for 4 years and have traveled a great deal. Good luck to you all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calgary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the Word of Life Church a cult? (Aug '10) Thu Blanco Mind - Bad... 144
KELLY LEECH is a SUPPOSITORY of CANADIAN VALUES ! Nov 28 Bad Hombre Speaks 3
News Laurier made it his mission to build a scandal-... Nov 25 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
CALGARY is the HEART of the KANUCK K K K ! Nov 24 K K KANUCK BIGOTS 1
News Woman who faked cancer and pretended to be Fort... Nov 23 NOT a DRUG USER 1
News Nearly one in five Albertans would drive after ... Nov 22 Blind Drunk KHANS 1
News Ottawa to announce coal phase-out, aims for vir... Nov 22 HYDRO VP of BigRa... 2
More from around the web