plumbing company to stay away from.

Posted in the Calgary Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Consumer

Calgary, Canada

#1 Jul 26, 2008
I would like to warn people to stay away from ABACUS PLUMBING. I've had more than one bad experience with them. Further, they are dishonest, unreliable, and unprofessional. They will rip you off at every opportunity. They try and get you to replace plumbing items that are working (so that they can bill for the parts and services). I would warn your family and friends to stay away from these scam artists.
Conned by Livio Mackay

Calgary, Canada

#2 Aug 26, 2008
I would like to warn people to stay away from Mackay Interior Finishing. I've had more than one bad experience with Livio Mackay. Further, he has been dishonest, unreliable, and unprofessional. He ripped me off at every opportunity. He made grand promises that upgrading the quality of tiles and the shower unit would provide a strong and reliable unit with at least ten to fifteen years of trouble free usage. This wonderful product cost more than $4,000.00 In less than three weeks water is POURING out onto the floor, and he has 'disappeared' - not returning the many calls I have made asking him to give me a date when he will repair his completely inadequate workmanship. He also tried to get me to replace plumbing items (a toilet) that did not need replacing. He dragged a four day project out over nine days - going off to 'emergencies' every other day. He is the most unprofessional workman I have ever dealt with, although he certainly 'talks a good story' until he has your money in his hands. I would warn your family and friends to stay away from this 'con man'.
abacus plumbing calgary

Calgary, Canada

#3 Nov 1, 2008
If you truly had a bad experience the first time why did you have them back? Sounds to me like you are an uneducated consumer who doesn't know what they are talking about.
Concerned Consumer wrote:
I would like to warn people to stay away from ABACUS PLUMBING. I've had more than one bad experience with them. Further, they are dishonest, unreliable, and unprofessional. They will rip you off at every opportunity. They try and get you to replace plumbing items that are working (so that they can bill for the parts and services). I would warn your family and friends to stay away from these scam artists.
Airdrie

Airdrie, Canada

#6 Jan 8, 2010
abacus plumbing calgary wrote:
If you truly had a bad experience the first time why did you have them back? Sounds to me like you are an uneducated consumer who doesn't know what they are talking about. <quoted text>
Well here is your chance to prove yourselves worthy. I have had a professional look at the job you did in my house with air conditioning and they told me it was a terrible job and furthermore it is dangerous the way the wiring was done. No permit was pulled for this and I am not a professional and was not aware of the shoddy job that was done but I am not going to stop until you rectify it.....I talked to you yesterday and you said you would come by and look at this job that was not done right and you promised you would fix it, well you never even showed up today and you never called either. I will report you to the BBB and I will call CTV news and get them - Leah Williams Doherty - to report about you as well so the unsuspecting public will not be ripped off by frauds like you. I will not stop until I get this fixed, I paid you in good faith you were professionals.
Airdrie

Airdrie, Canada

#7 Jan 8, 2010
I will go to gteat lengths to inform people that you are a scam artist if you don't stand by what you said you would do. I paid you in good faith that you were professionals. The person who originally posted the message about Abacus Plumbing should contact me so we can work together to bring this company down, they should not get away with this injustice.
Satisfied customer

Calgary, Canada

#8 Jun 1, 2010
There must be two Abacus companies because the one that came to my house in Hawkwood did a fantastic job at the promised price. The were very respectful and courteous. I have and will continue to recommend Abacus to my friends and family.
Revved-Up

Calgary, Canada

#9 Jun 5, 2010
ROFL,$10000 says that "satisfied customer" is the owner/employee of the company.....Too funny.
Skinned

Calgary, Canada

#10 Jun 25, 2010
The company I'd like to steer people away from is Hansen Plumbing (North). The fellow said I needed a new water tank, left and wheeled one in without a box. Never thought anything strange about that because I'd never bought one before. Then another plumber came in for another job, looked at the tank, told me it was leaking, it had no safety valve, was vented too close to a combustible, had the wrong width of metal that was illegaly sealed with metal tape and was ruined. In the end it was the City Inspector who told them to put another tank in and to put it in to code. It came in a box, it came with a warranty book taped on it. The model number was put on my receipt...in direct contrast to the first tank, which is when I realized I had been sold a used tank. When you do the research you discover that if a tank is moved, the warranty is voided. I notified the manufacturer. I also discovered I paid double what other plumbers sold them for. Steer clear!
Very satisfied

Chestermere, Canada

#11 Oct 27, 2010
I just wanted to make a comment about Abacus Plumbing. I too have had them to my house and have nothing but good comments to say about them. They showed up when they said they were going to and charged me a very good rate for the work I had done. As well the work they did was wonderful and I would recommend this company to anyone. I also happen to know that this company is recently under new management.
Hopeless plumbing

Calgary, Canada

#12 Dec 26, 2011
Abacus Plumbing Calgary/ Chestermere did a shoddy job in simply connecting a water line to a fridge. The line leaked water and damaged my hardwoood flooring (and potentially things underneath). After promising to fix it, the guy (Rob or Ron) stops picking his calls.
Be it BBB or small claims court, I'm going to chase this fraud.
For those of you thinking he did a good job, thank your stars that nothing went wrong because you would have had a different (horror) story.
Ripped off by livio

Calgary, Canada

#13 May 2, 2012
Conned by Livio Mackay wrote:
I would like to warn people to stay away from Mackay Interior Finishing. I've had more than one bad experience with Livio Mackay. Further, he has been dishonest, unreliable, and unprofessional. He ripped me off at every opportunity. He made grand promises that upgrading the quality of tiles and the shower unit would provide a strong and reliable unit with at least ten to fifteen years of trouble free usage. This wonderful product cost more than $4,000.00 In less than three weeks water is POURING out onto the floor, and he has 'disappeared'- not returning the many calls I have made asking him to give me a date when he will repair his completely inadequate workmanship. He also tried to get me to replace plumbing items (a toilet) that did not need replacing. He dragged a four day project out over nine days - going off to 'emergencies' every other day. He is the most unprofessional workman I have ever dealt with, although he certainly 'talks a good story' until he has your money in his hands. I would warn your family and friends to stay away from this 'con man'.
I also got ripped off by this snake.he is building a home in bears paw and ripping off all the hard working trades.I hope for everyones sake that he does not become a home builder.good chance the house will fall over

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14 May 15, 2012
Nothing worse than these guys making a bad name for tradespeople.
sfsf

Calgary, Canada

#15 Jul 26, 2012
Are you sure it was the product sold and not the plumber who installed?
Conned by Livio Mackay wrote:
I would like to warn people to stay away from Mackay Interior Finishing. I've had more than one bad experience with Livio Mackay. Further, he has been dishonest, unreliable, and unprofessional. He ripped me off at every opportunity. He made grand promises that upgrading the quality of tiles and the shower unit would provide a strong and reliable unit with at least ten to fifteen years of trouble free usage. This wonderful product cost more than $4,000.00 In less than three weeks water is POURING out onto the floor, and he has 'disappeared'- not returning the many calls I have made asking him to give me a date when he will repair his completely inadequate workmanship. He also tried to get me to replace plumbing items (a toilet) that did not need replacing. He dragged a four day project out over nine days - going off to 'emergencies' every other day. He is the most unprofessional workman I have ever dealt with, although he certainly 'talks a good story' until he has your money in his hands. I would warn your family and friends to stay away from this 'con man'.
Very upset

Calgary, Canada

#16 Sep 20, 2012
I had a kitchen renovation done by All In One Kitchen Renovations in Calgary and I can't believe people like this can be in business. We ordered our kitchen in April 2012 and it was to be installed by late May. They didn't start installing until August and they still aren't done and haven't shown up for weeks. My husband just informed me that they charged our charge card for the balance of our kitchen which I did not authorize. The charge card company informed me that I cannot do anything about it. I since have had another contractor look at it and he can't believe the mess and poor workmanship. Please do not get this company to do your kitchen. They make lots of promises, but do not care once they get your money!
gregor

Calgary, Canada

#17 Nov 3, 2012
phoned clearview plumbing to unclog a main drain.Show tech the backup.evident,pool of waste.Leave him to do the job.I get a call back that I have a blockage and cant proceed.DAH! Is that not why I called you.Should have called the city in the first place,my mistake.In and out in less than an hour.Very experienced.I find out that the clearview tech was not even in the right cleanout drain.Im out $630 for a co. that didnt do anything,but say its there policy that they have to charge the full rate whether they fix it or not.I also have a policy,that is to let people know about companys that act in this manner.There will be no repeat business from me.Now thats a guarantee.
Red

Calgary, Canada

#18 Feb 5, 2013
Ripped off by livio wrote:
<quoted text>I also got ripped off by this snake.he is building a home in bears paw and ripping off all the hard working trades.I hope for everyones sake that he does not become a home builder.good chance the house will fall over
Hey, I just turned down a job interview with this guy based on the posts on this page. Can you put my conscience to rest and tell me about this Bears paw job and the ripping off of trades? Every job I find the company has either lied about quantity of work or quality of work... I just want to do perfect wood work for an awesome company!
Livio Mackay

Calgary, Canada

#19 Feb 5, 2013
I build a house in Bears paw of quality you can not comprehend or ever achieve in your dreams.
It takes decency , knowledge and determination.
You post such false info about me and my work , how about yourself ? If I did not pay you is because you are not capable of providing quality.
Come out in the open and list your name , be strong for a second.
Livio Mackay

Calgary, Canada

#21 Feb 5, 2013
About BEN HART , he calles himself Red.
Just another personality?
Livio Mackay

Calgary, Canada

#22 Feb 5, 2013
About the woman that called me a Con Man.

Go on please and let people know that I was recommended to you by your cuisine , I still work for Murray and did it for 7 years.

He gave you a favour , I took good care of your work and when you had an issue I fixed it.

You called more than 30 times when I was on vacation , you called the radio station and TV stations.

I offered you to have your issues fixed by a plumber and I will pay for it.
You never sand me an invoice.

It looks to me that you are just not fair in your explanations or demands.
Livio Mackay

Calgary, Canada

#23 Feb 5, 2013
About the man who called me a snake.

It most probably is Billy from Billy.s basements.
The lowest quality projects I have seen in my entire life.

So If you are a man and call me a snake , come out in the open and face the truth.

I beg any one than can stand true to check my reputation with the BBB and make a demand for referrals , I will provide you with excellent referrals ,from decent people I had the pleasure to work for min my life.

Am I hiding anything?

Today I am aping back the ones that are not true and fair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Calgary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bethany Care Society.....NO REWARD FOR LOYALTY ... (Mar '13) 12 hr Just Me 3
Boycott Muslim businesses Thu paul shykora arts 2
Neil Chandran Real or Fake (Dec '13) Oct 21 Done 17
Five strangest turtle seizures around the globe Oct 21 paul shykora arts 1
Action Auger "The Gentlemen Plumbers", OVERPRIC... (Feb '10) Oct 21 MHw 93
Rachel Notley wins party balloting to become ne... Oct 20 SHYKORA PAUL arts 1
Air Canada allows flight attendants to wear glo... Oct 20 did that save nurses 1

Calgary People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE